• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

electric

Quote from: massi4h on April 13, 2010, 10:54:39 AM
Wow nice.

Also Akuma can Ultra 2 off a standing Fierce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfUZAACkZ78

Holy shit.

It looks like U2 ISN'T totally rubbish then. Akuma is staying in S-Tier for suuuuure
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

xkheretic

fluxcore

C.Viper:
• Adjusts to some moves, like Burning Kick, where you now have less frame advantage when blocked. You'll probably have disadvantage on block.
• Tweaked Crouching Medium Punch as well, buffed 'hit priority' (I think they mean by more range or hit box or something like that), so it'll be more useful as a poke.

Seth:
• His Teleport has more recovery frames.
• Nerfed his Jumping Hard Punch, both straight up and jump back, in terms of 'hit priority'.
• His Ultra 2's main uses are anti air, chip damage and for combos.

Fuck this game.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/12/ssf4-developers-cover-rufus-fuerte-viper-abel-and-boss-characters/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Those nerfs to Viper seem a tad unfair... although I guess you have to balance out the fact that her rush down is pretty damn scary, especially now that reversals are less of a threat

Abel:
• Falling Sky is easier to throw now.
• Buffed his sweep. They said the move will now hit where it missed by a tiny bit in vanilla Street Fighter 4.
• Faster Far Standing Light Punch. They also mention that Abel is a character whose normals are strengthened overall.

Fuck yes. Better sweep and falling sky properties are EXACTLY what I was wishing for for Abel. Far standing light punch getting a little buff too is a welcome addition... It's a hugely important normal in the Akuma match up (where he needs a bit of help) and having stronger normals I guess is kinda nice, even though his normals are really awesome as it is.

I'm. Fucking. HYPE

Oooh, also...

• He can CANCEL his Ultra 2. They specifically said he can just not perform the move when the player knows it'll not hit the opponent.

Can't wait to start fucking around with all the shenanigans... CoD xx FADC, U2 cancel, Tornado throw. LOL
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yay ken can combo into his sweep like ryu now . oh fun fun fun
lol at lp into ultra 2 lol lol lol
yay go ken you good thing  ;D
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

massi4h

Hey Alan, many people on the eventhubs forums (had a look on it last week) are saying Seth is gonna be S-Tier by himself. I have no idea why though.

fluxcore

Nah, everything I'm reading on srk sounds bad.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Chuckk

this game does not need more s. jab ultra links. ffs.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

fluxcore

Good stuff. Doesn't make me any happier though :P

xpunch

once i start watching SSF4 videos i turn them off like 20secs later lol i just wana play the game like now!!!! been hyped 4 ages lol stop uploading ingame footage you "teasing play the game first b4 every1 else lucky" bastiidz  :P 

oh and i forgot to say... my old az computer cant play youtube vids properly all i see is images and hear K......O..... and other SSF4 sound effects lol

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Farrk might be hopping on the Ken train just so i can use that brokeback outfit

wheres all the T HAWK HYPE!?!
pringles