• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Yeah, You wanna MGU from either a j.mk->c.lp->c.mp->EX/MGU!  BnB for deejay, though some bigger characters your able to add another c.lp to hit confirm better.  Also can change MGU to dread kicks/max out.

Upkicks is his anti air.  EX Upkicks is great for those who love to cross up if you time it right.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

MGU is a garbage anti air. Use EX up kicks if youve got the meter. No meter? Block crossups, and use lk up kicks, s.hp, or c.hk for anti airs that are in front of you depending on distance.

And his bnb c.lp -> c.mp is a garbage link too. If you want to combo into MGU or EX MGU, youll find c.lp -> c.lk more reliable. Unless you can get c.lp -> c.mp 100% of the time. Which you'll be able to with practice. But its 1 frame, so its bound to get dropped a few times. Id personally rather use the easy link than risk fucking it up and eating a punish. Only trouble is that i dont think c.lk combos into dread kicks.

Dee Jay is cool. He just didnt suit me.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

cr.hp with deejay beats out rufus dive kick everytime. Seems to trade with everything else...

stereomonkey

Other thing you could do for a jump in bnb is j.mk/jhk->c.mp->MGU.  This is alot easier to connect since it eliminates the c.lp and you have loads of frames too work with after the c.mp to get your MGU out. 

Another bnb is his j.mk>c.lp>c.lp>c.mk.  Sets you up for multiple mix up games for your opponent.

samurai black

wasnt too sure on the upkicks anti-airness. assumed they were kinda poos. good info though.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

c.lp, c.lp, c.mk is an untechable knockdown as well. Sets up shenanigans with crossup and his knee shot. Dee Jay players need to use knee shot more. that thing is awesome.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Yeah, if you do it right it is.  Otherwise you get a random looking kick that doesn't hit you opponent >_<

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on May 10, 2010, 06:13:46 AM
Yeah, if you do it right it is.  Otherwise you get a random looking kick that doesn't hit you opponent >_<

you dont always need to hit with it. its great bait. Or are you talking about when you fuck the input up and get the normal j.lk? lol
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

I think alot of this stuff should be move to teh stratagy thread? good infor shoul dbe put into one place :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Actually yea. Andy makes a good point there. Fuck you richard you troll.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

random question. can breathless (abel u2) beat ultra spark (fuerte u2) or vice versa?

electric

Quote from: samurai black on May 13, 2010, 10:50:03 AM
random question. can breathless (abel u2) beat ultra spark (fuerte u2) or vice versa?

I'm not 100% sure on the properties of Fuerte U2, but Abel U2 has throw invincibility from about frame 3 until it grabs - so theory dictates that Abel would eat it up, unless of course Fuerte has similar properties on his
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on May 13, 2010, 10:59:13 AM
I'm not 100% sure on the properties of Fuerte U2, but Abel U2 has throw invincibility from about frame 3 until it grabs - so theory dictates that Abel would eat it up, unless of course Fuerte has similar properties on his

Fuerte has fireball and throw invincibility though im not sure when in terms of frames. How fast does Abel's come out? Theoretically, i think whoever activates theres second will win.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 13, 2010, 11:19:17 AM
Fuerte has fireball and throw invincibility though im not sure when in terms of frames. How fast does Abel's come out? Theoretically, i think whoever activates theres second will win.

Abels is 1+7, but of course it's chargeable as well (and therefore, so is the throw invulnerability), so if Abel activated, then Fuerte was like "FUCK YEAH FREE ULTRA" and activated as well, then Fuerte would still lose IF Abel held his ground and took Fuerte out during recovery.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on May 13, 2010, 11:26:10 AM
Abels is 1+7, but of course it's chargeable as well (and therefore, so is the throw invulnerability), so if Abel activated, then Fuerte was like "FUCK YEAH FREE ULTRA" and activated as well, then Fuerte would still lose IF Abel held his ground and took Fuerte out during recovery.

Thats what i thought too. Fuck, im gonna give this a test. 2 mins.

Edit: This is confirmed.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.