• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

If you got time to taunt why not... :-\

Saw the Korean champ dropping a few inbetween dishing out beats....

If they get wasted because of it..then it just provides the crowd with something to laugh about.... ;D
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

electric

I liked the concept of taunt boosts ala 3S ... except I'm not sure how well it would work in SF4
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

DVS

Quote from: electric on November 16, 2009, 02:11:52 PM
I liked the concept of taunt boosts ala 3S ... except I'm not sure how well it would work in SF4

Taunts are pretty to easy to dash out of, Ken's "Get back in the game" taunt where he turns his back, can be cancelled by ripping a dragon punch....Budafist used it heaps on line and everyone always falls for it.... :P

zos'la

Taunts should just be taunts, shouldn't add anything bonuses...

It just a way of being cocky, I never do it really... Only person I've seen doing so is that Guy in Yifans using Ken? what his name? starts with J.. Johnathan? or something... always with his school bag and the funny walk + look :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: DVS on November 16, 2009, 03:30:37 PM

Taunts are pretty to easy to dash out of, Ken's "Get back in the game" taunt where he turns his back, can be cancelled by ripping a dragon punch....Budafist used it heaps on line and everyone always falls for it.... :P
Yeah my mates were falling for it hardout, for like 10 mins.

Pretty funny at first.

It can frustrate people to rush you too. But they'd have to be real impatient.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 16, 2009, 03:44:17 PM
Quote from: DVS on November 16, 2009, 03:30:37 PM

Yeah my mates were falling for it hardout, for like 10 mins.

Pretty funny at first.

It can frustrate people to rush you too. But they'd have to be real impatient.

Doesn't matter the skill level people hate being taunted....it kinda brings the rage out...if there not thinking clearly you can get the upperhand....if you get a back and forward taunt thing happening you can catch them off guard

Lennysaurus

I taunt whenever I get the chance.... especially If I dizzy the opp.  Jump next tto them, taunt, then combo.

If im playing someone thats very turtly and runaway.. I also like o taunt as well.. just for the hell of it.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I taunt if they whiff an ultra. (character dependant obviously). If i see a shinryuken flying into the air for example. You usually have enough time to taunt and punish.

Ive also taken to doing run back -> taunt with fuerte. usually after a series of stupid crap. ie. 4 consecutive slides on wake up. I lose pressure, but meh. Taunting separates the men from the BEASTS
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Dizzy + Abel taunt #2 cancelled into super = beeeeeeaaaaast
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny on November 16, 2009, 04:47:33 PM
I taunt whenever I get the chance.... especially If I dizzy the opp.  Jump next tto them, taunt, then combo.

If im playing someone thats very turtly and runaway.. I also like o taunt as well.. just for the hell of it.

Thats the way Lenny  ;)

CrazyMobius

I taunt when I'm playing friends but not when I don't know the person.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 16, 2009, 08:54:27 PM
I taunt when I'm playing friends but not when I don't know the person.

Haha depends on the other person i reckon. :P It can be either real stink, or hilarious.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

lol, I rarely get taunts tbh... coz they usually don't have a chance :P even if they do taunt ill make sure they lose for doing so :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on November 17, 2009, 08:56:21 AM
lol, I rarely get taunts tbh... coz they usually don't have a chance :P even if they do taunt ill make sure they lose for doing so :D
Yep heres an example of someone who would be easy to frustrate and manipulate with a taunt.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

Quote from: zosla on November 17, 2009, 08:56:21 AM

Your so awesome Andy  8)