• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Toomeke on November 17, 2009, 05:40:35 PM
Ahhh shot stu

Strange move to have knockdown properties

Not as lol as E.Honda's standing light kick knockdown in World Warrior though.  ;D

zos'la

DJ just another Guile with no lame Blade kick that fails half the time.

Juri looks great from my perspective, she really reminds me of KOF chars.... her ultra looks good :P I like how she teases them during the ultra and its not actually that long?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on November 18, 2009, 08:27:51 AM

BLASPHEMY!!!

Deejay is awesome!!!  Hope hey keep his good crossup.  Looks like his EX dreadkick might not combo?!?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Quote from: The Lenny on November 18, 2009, 08:44:23 AM
Deejay is awesome!!!  Hope hey keep his good crossup.  Looks like his EX dreadkick might not combo?!?

I think there was an earlier video of Jwong hit confirming into EX dread kicks... Maybe they've taken it out ? It would make sense, since you can't combo into EX knuckle with Viper, which also crumple stuns on hit
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 18, 2009, 08:27:51 AM

Juri looks great from my perspective, she really reminds me of KOF chars.... her ultra looks good :P I like how she teases them during the ultra and its not actually that long?

Dee Jay is a lot more aggressive than guile. It also looks like he's going to dominate the ground from what ive seen. I think youll find Dee Jay ends up being REALLY good.

Juri looks aggressive as well. Even moreso than Dee Jay. She seems to have some nice tricks/gimmicks, but looks as though she relies heavily on getting in on her opponent. Almost like an El Fuerte that plays a bit more conventionally.

Dont like her ultra. And i think her flip kick thing looks stupid. Good, useful, but stupid.

That all being said, they both look like they would be quite a fun characters to play, which most of the cast is lacking atm.

T-Hawk looks more and more fail every time i look at him. Which sucks, because i was amped for him at the beginning. Still, i likes me the damage.

Quote from: electric on November 18, 2009, 08:47:37 AM
Quote from: The Lenny on November 18, 2009, 08:44:23 AM

I think there was an earlier video of Jwong hit confirming into EX dread kicks... Maybe they've taken it out ? It would make sense, since you can't combo into EX knuckle with Viper, which also crumple stuns on hit

I can imagine terrible players thinking theyre awesome blowing all their meter comboing into EX dread kicks, and then doing the same combo 3 more times in a row, and finishing with ultra. >_>

Sure it would get RAPED by scaling and wouldn't be worth it, but meh. Dee Jay, despite his HIDEOUS neutral stance (ive decided THIS is the major aesthetic downside of him imo) looks like the best of the 3 so far.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

You just like him cause he's black.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Smoofologist on November 18, 2009, 09:28:41 AM
You just like him cause he's black.

What can i say? When i play street fighter, i want to play as a character that looks like Richard.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Bro, Richard doesn't have shoulders like that zzzzzzzz
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

when the fuck have i ever resembled boxer?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 18, 2009, 09:30:56 AM
What can i say? When i play street fighter, i want to play as a character that looks like Richard.

also, id like to know the logic behind this. dont have any MAXIMUM pants in my wardrobe

stereomonkey

Quote from: samurai black on November 18, 2009, 06:04:22 PM
also, id like to know the logic behind this. Well I do have MAXIMUM pads in my undies

Damn, too much info on that one :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on November 18, 2009, 06:06:31 PM
Quote from: samurai black on November 18, 2009, 06:04:22 PM
also, id like to know the logic behind this. Well I do have MAXIMUM pads in my undies

Damn, youre making me moist at the thought of your sexiness

two can play this game  :D