• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Hopefully itll look better in motion.  I remember thinking that when SF4 dropped that it looked a little bolo.  But in motion its purty!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 25, 2009, 07:54:09 AM
No one can compete with Sagats big one eyed trouser snake though.

You mean his super size maxi pad
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Wow, first Adon, then Sagat? Do you really want Team AV on your ass?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I quite like the look of guy/adon. Im not gonna reserve judgement on Cody until i see some vids. >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Fuck yes! Guy looks so dope... Don't know why they've still got Cody in his prison outfit though :( give the guy a break... put him on parole or some shit :/

I've always thought Adons character design looked really cool... but I had no idea how to use him back in the days of Alpha, so I always scrubbed out and went back to the shoto's... Maybe I can finally learn him... don't know though -- he seems like a cocky prick haha

Team Emo ninja (Abel + Cody) FTW!!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Why would they parole a guy who keeps breaking out of jail?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 09:16:38 AM

Might as well, since they cant keep the fucker in there.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Additionally, i think i lik Adon the best, given that he is kicking sagat in the crotch in one of those pictures.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 25, 2009, 09:18:53 AM
Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 09:16:38 AM

Might as well, since they cant keep the fucker in there.

+1

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 25, 2009, 09:33:27 AM
Additionally, i think i lik Adon the best, given that he is kicking sagat in the crotch in one of those pictures.

You can never discount a crotch kick, so he definitely gets bonus points for that

I want this game NOW :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on November 25, 2009, 01:00:53 AM
Ninja scooping out there richard.  Seems like this roster is getting a bit crowded now ;)

im really more interested in who the owner of the kunai is, than any of the new characters.

and cody's alt outfit is gonna be so awesome. its so totally gonna be his final fight look. a white tshirt and jeans. OMG YES

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny on November 25, 2009, 05:24:04 AM
Nah those arent tights weazzey!  Thats a prison outfit!

GOGO Alpha characters!  Although Im a little dissapointed at no Rolento, I'll more than likely be picking up Guy.  Always liked him!

I have to say I'm also gutted Rolento isn't there.....

Guy can be really dangerous in the right hands, his ground string combo in Alpha when it connects was instant dizzies....Character model looks solid - best of this release. ;D

Adon is also dangerous, especially if they give him the double jump he had in Alpha 3, he could bait then punish....great movement options from one side of the screen to the other and quick. He always was an ugly fucker so I'm not surprized he looks like he's been chasing parked cars.  :D

Cody -WTF? Where's my Rolento?  >:( What a waste of space....model is shit, he looks like a melted ken doll with aids....his game play was quite cool from Alpha, especially when you can shank them...but come on Cody? Seriously....I'm already dark as fuck on him.... >:(
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Haha i should pick up Cody just because of all the hate towards him. :P
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

OMG OWNER OF KUNAI REVEALED

BELIEVE IT
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

After a little consideration, I think that guy might be shit in this one.  Particularly if he plays like alpha2/3 version.  The only reason he was good in alpha 3 was cause of alpha 3's juggle system.  I have pretty low hopes for him in ssf4.

I can see him being fireballed and zoned into oblivion.

Adon was always pretty beastly.  Definitely a scrub killing character in the alpha games.  Jaguar knee xx FADC xx Ultra anyone?

I liked COdy.  Im hoping hes decent.  I can already see Hydro and kingpiccolo rocking Cody's at the next nats lol.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Event Hubs had some cool game play footage of Dhalsims background -elephants look cool...Looks like there will be a lot more stages which are also personalised.... :D

There was also a small snippet of a stage whichj reminds me of Rolentos stage from Alpha 2....maybe he will be in the game after all *prays*  ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......