• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 17, 2009, 02:03:17 PM
Also, I wanna see some new characters... like NEW ones :-\

Me toooooo! While I'm happy they're bringing back all these older characters for the fans, it's kind of gutting that they aren't bringing entirely new characters to the game...

I guess for a "revival" series like SF4, they've actually handled it the right way... Bring on SF5!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

There's only one new character left. Hakan. Otherwise you're out of luck.

stereomonkey

Thats kinda shit tbh.  New characters are what the game needs.  Interesting NEW characters
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 17, 2009, 05:35:44 PM
Thats kinda shit tbh.  New characters are what the game needs.  Interesting NEW characters

That and a decent lobby system.

fluxcore

Well, they said they are doing lobbies, along with tons of other matchmaking shit, so...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

well they are new for me
I last played SF2 HF 
so i'm good ;) ;D
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

budafist

Quote from: maelgrim on December 17, 2009, 07:42:28 PM

well they are new for me
I last played SF2 HF 
so i'm good ;) ;D

same here, I pretty much skipped the whole Alpha series, so most are the characters are like brand new.
plus new characters can be pretty hit or miss. I mean the 4 new SF4 characters are....well kinda uneventful, Rufus was the only one that was used well in tournaments, and the novelty of the others wore off pretty quick.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

Hydro

Quote from: budafist on December 17, 2009, 08:00:45 PM

plus new characters can be pretty hit or miss. I mean the 4 new SF4 characters are....well kinda uneventful, Rufus was the only one that was used well in tournaments, and the novelty of the others wore off pretty quick.

I'm not trying to start shit or anything but, which tourney results are you going by? Cause what you just said is near 100% Bunkum. Abel and Viper have at least as much a showing, if not much more, than Rufus ever has.

I mean it's cool if that's your opinion and all, but what you've said ain't anywhere near a fact Buda.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on December 18, 2009, 12:14:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHCEvaJ4PmY

Word is there is an interview with Seth Killian...and a whole lotta bullshit before this video...this is the "cut to the chase" edit.

Yea thats why i posted it instead of the original. The 'interview' is just seth introducing this video, and theres a whole lot of BS in beteween that is totally irrelevant.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 18, 2009, 01:11:52 AM
Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on December 18, 2009, 12:14:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHCEvaJ4PmY

Word is there is an interview with Seth Killian...and a whole lotta bullshit before this video...this is the "cut to the chase" edit.

Yea thats why i posted it instead of the original. The 'interview' is just seth introducing this video, and theres a whole lot of BS in beteween that is totally irrelevant.
Oooop...my bad bruv!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on December 17, 2009, 06:17:43 PM
Well, they said they are doing lobbies, along with tons of other matchmaking shit, so...

Yeah everyone knows that already... ::)

fluxcore

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 18, 2009, 07:25:03 AM
Yeah everyone knows that already... ::)

Well then you don't need to moan about it... ::)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

im not sure about that look at tekken that never adds more than 4 characters per game and never drops old ones

they even bring back dead characters
i think people need familiar characters first before new ones

DVS

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 18, 2009, 08:58:44 AM

im not sure about that look at tekken that never adds more than 4 characters per game and never drops old ones

they even bring back dead characters
i think people need familiar characters first before new ones

I kinda feel that they should use some characters from the EX series or reinvent some more characters from Street Fighter 1....instead of brand new characters....

But I guess this could be left for Street Fighter 5... ::)

I liked the Design of Viper most out of the STF 4 characters, Abel could have been more of pit fighter in style, Fuerte looks pretty cool -but I don't like his play style or moves (sorry Bill :-), Rufus has some cool moves but the design is eat arse.

As far as new characters go Juri looks pretty awesome, and her moves seem to be quite unique from what I've seen so far....Ultra is a bit over the top though...time may run out while she's doing it  :P

Just my 10, 15 or 20 cents on everything... ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......