• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CptMunta on November 14, 2009, 08:08:53 PM
Direct capture footage you can hear the announcer loud and clear:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/supersf4/video/6240186/super-street-fighter-iv-juri--t-hawk-gameplay-movie?hd=1

Sounds a bit like the Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter announcer.

Also saw a link with an interview with that Seth Killian guy. Lots of interesting stuff in here that you may or may not have heard before:

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/supersf4/video/6239823/super-street-fighter-iv-extended-tots-demo

electric

Quote from: CptMunta on November 14, 2009, 08:08:53 PM
Direct capture footage you can hear the announcer loud and clear:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/supersf4/video/6240186/super-street-fighter-iv-juri--t-hawk-gameplay-movie?hd=1

Sounds a bit like the Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter announcer.

Anyone else notice anything fishy with the last focus dash ultra from Hawk ? Level 1 focus crumple without counter hit ? :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Also nobody has talked about this 'Wall Bounce' Feature. That's a pretty new thing right there. I'm sure it's been done in another game before but can't put my finger on which one...

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 15, 2009, 08:34:14 PM
Also nobody has talked about this 'Wall Bounce' Feature. That's a pretty new thing right there. I'm sure it's been done in another game before but can't put my finger on which one...

It's in the SF3 series, ie: Ryu's hcf+k move. :D

DVS

Yea, I just saw that today in the link you posted,...hmmm wonder how that will effect EX juggles aswell?

Wall bounch, EX = then open for more multiple hits? like ULTRA'S?....hope they give it to Guile...brother needs a few more tricks...
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

samurai black

Quote from: DVS on November 15, 2009, 09:28:16 PM
Wall bounch, EX = then open for more multiple hits? like ULTRA'S?....hope they give it to Guile...brother needs a few more tricks...

wtf are they gonna make wall bounce, his flash kick or sonic boom?

OR MAYBE WALL BOUNCE UPSIDE DOWN KICK?!
  :o :o :o :o

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 15, 2009, 09:15:05 PM

It's in the SF3 series, ie: Ryu's hcf+k move. :D

I believe kof2k/2k1 had it too. Called 'critical wire' or some shit.

Quote from: DVS on November 15, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Yea, I just saw that today in the link you posted,...hmmm wonder how that will effect EX juggles aswell?

Give it to fuerte imo. brother needs a few more tricks.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

WTF's wall bounce? Never heard of it mate.

Sounds pretty obvious though. I'm guessing they bounce off the wall which imo sounds gay.

Yeah El Fuerte needs a BETTER getthefuckoffme move, instead of this ''wait, ok now smash me'' bullshit. And i think the splash being safe would be sweet,

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 15, 2009, 11:27:55 PM

Sounds pretty obvious though. I'm guessing they bounce off the wall which imo sounds gay.

you've never seen ryu's EX donkey kick in 3S? im trying to think if anyone else had a wall bounce move in sf3, or was it roo exclusive? im not well versed in sf3.

and after a little more thought, i dont think guile would have enough time to utilise a wall bounce move, other than tacking on a normal on their way back. EX flash kick with wall bounce would be hilarious though.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on November 15, 2009, 11:58:05 PM

you've never seen ryu's EX donkey kick in 3S? im trying to think if anyone else had a wall bounce move in sf3, or was it roo exclusive? im not well versed in sf3.

and after a little more thought, i dont think guile would have enough time to utilise a wall bounce move, other than tacking on a normal on their way back. EX flash kick with wall bounce would be hilarious though.
Yes ! !!

I was right . Nah I havent even played 3s before.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on November 15, 2009, 11:58:05 PM

Hugo and Q also had it.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

I was watching some sf4 tournament online for PSN.... those players taunt taunt taunt during matches. retarded like fuck.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

samurai black

maybe they think its like 3S, where taunts give you a stat bonus.