• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Personally it's just another thing which wastes dev time over actually making a better game.

Seems most people don't care about that though, and would rather have tap dancing shoes and hats available and stupid poses.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

No way I love that stuff.

Part of why I like street fighter so much is the rich story and the interactions and relationships between the characters.  The rivalries in street fighter are some of the greatest stories in videogame history if you ask me.  Ryu and Ken, Ryu and Sagat, Gen and Akuma, Chun and Bison, Guile and Bison... I could go on all day!

I have high hopes for SSFIV at the moment.  They have a chance to take a pretty god engine and refine it into a legendary game.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny on November 25, 2009, 02:15:34 PM
No way I love that stuff.

Part of why I like street fighter so much is the rich story and the interactions and relationships between the characters.  The rivalries in street fighter are some of the greatest stories in videogame history if you ask me.  Ryu and Ken, Ryu and Sagat, Gen and Akuma, Chun and Bison, Guile and Bison... I could go on all day!

I have high hopes for SSFIV at the moment.  They have a chance to take a pretty god engine and refine it into a legendary game.

AMEN Lenny, I fucking second that.....

You got's to have story man...otherwise there'd be nuthin on the line when characters go at it....it's fucking fighters pride man, backstory and all that shit...it builds the fights up to be something special...which is why so many people were upset with the shitty anime intros and outros in STF4 (that and the fact that the animation was poos)... ::)

Lenny for President!
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

samurai black

Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 02:10:40 PM
Personally it's just another thing which wastes dev time over actually making a better game.

Seems most people don't care about that though, and would rather have tap dancing shoes and hats available and stupid poses.

oh calm down princess. no one wants to play the best fighting game in the world if its bland as fuck. it'd just be a simple animation, no gameplay programming required.

jeebus.

but yeah, skippable would be nice too.

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 25, 2009, 01:51:19 PM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 25, 2009, 12:58:08 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on November 25, 2009, 12:45:52 PM

Nah bro I bagsed her first. NOBODY can pick her from now on. NOBODY.

Nah if you put in enough time with her that you did with Viper then you can have her.

I'm planning on it as.

Nah I dont think she'll take as long to master aye.

Hope not. I just like mucking around with Chars. I still cant do fff consistently, but Vipers still fun and solid without it (Is what I keep telling myself).

Agree, on everything. you don't need FFF to be good on Viper, you just have to know how to pressure well, that's it really. 

FFF is just icing. Tasty, satisfying, beautiful icing.

geneterror

KOW 2011

Hydro

yeah bro, FFF is Fierce Feint Fierce.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on November 25, 2009, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 02:10:40 PM

oh calm down princess. no one wants to play the best fighting game in the world if its bland as fuck. it'd just be a simple animation, no gameplay programming required.

jeebus.

but yeah, skippable would be nice too.

Whoa. Talk about a shutdown.   ;D

But sometimes the whole "gameplay is everything" mindset can get really stupid. I remember reading a SRK thread recently where people were asking why the girls in SF had lower health than characters like Rufus and Zangief. And then when someone suggested because Rufus and Zangief would have higher stamina in real life they were told "get your story out of my gameplay".

Artless dickheads.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

lol, in real life Akuma would be GOD TIER!!! And then Dictator. In the movies there strong as fuck.

Yeah Flux likes shit boring. Have you got those alt costumes flux? I bet you do. Have fun paying for them? What hypocrite. I just went up the road to rent T6 but got DB:Raging Blast instead, cos i'lld rather replay that awesome story for the night then T6 lame one.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Yeah I bought the costumes, because I liked them. Doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have had the devs spend the time nerfing Sagat's damage or rethinking Vega and Guile though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 03:54:39 PM
Yeah I bought the costumes, because I liked them. Doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have had the devs spend the time nerfing Sagat's damage or rethinking Vega and Guile though.
Yeah true.

They're probably gonna have shit like that no matter. They thought they balanced it sweet as until they released it, and everyone thrashed it and proved other wise, it's got nothing to do with time.

Plus they need those epic moments that all the great games have these days. Fuck they're too pleased with their competitive scene and fanbase.

Yeah those costumes are cool aye. Imagaine having more than one alt, and truly different ones that were FREE *cough tekken cough cough*
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

fluxcore

I can't even work out which character they are in tekken with those custom costumes.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 05:19:07 PM
I can't even work out which character they are in tekken with those custom costumes.

Saw one at the arcade the other day.

"Fuck, i dont know if thats Jin or Dragunov or Kazuya, but he looks fucking cool."

Turns out it was steve.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: DVS on November 25, 2009, 12:31:16 PM
I'm also holding onto the hope that Guile is guna be a top tier beast....how about giving him Golden Stance and invisible throw back..haha ::)

wat u talkin bowt willis...he already is a top tier beast :P
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on November 25, 2009, 05:19:07 PM
Nah yeah me neither tbh.

Kaz looked like a retarded robot, like the old version of Yoshimitsu.

I want my gun and my locs and my gold chain!!! FFS.

edit: I think it's because Smoof customised him, and he has no sense of style.