• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I think Seth meant because eryone is getting more moves, so more mixup, as in you dont wanna be on the defensive side. S-Kills just says it like a fag, trying to get us all excited for a new system, when he already told us nothing major like a new system would be implemented into the game.

IN MY OPINION.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

i was just hoping it was an increas in speed or less retarded reversals

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 24, 2009, 09:49:22 AM
i was just hoping it was an increas in speed or less retarded reversals
I changed my opinion to that now. It sounds way better.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Lennysaurus

Yeah, reversal window times, easymode inputs, and the bugger all amount of blockstun contributes to the turtlness and lack of pressure games I think.

If you look at some of the new characters, they seem like rushing characters in alot of ways. eg:

Deejay:  high priority jumpins and maxout lockdown.  Great crossup into damaging combos.

Guy:  everything he does is rushdown, with demon flip and apparently qcb+p to get around fireballs.  Controllable very far jumpin.

T.Hawk:  A grappler with a great reversal dp.  pokes his way into good mixup with tickthrows etc.

Dudley: seems like he could be great at both

Makoto: Fucking great rushdown character.  command throw into commbos, mixup from her hit confirmed dash punch.

Just a few thoughts anyway.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Makoto and Ibuki will be the first two characters I play for sure as they were my two main characters on 3S before I stopped playing.
KOW 2011

Hydro

Quote from: geneterror on December 24, 2009, 10:37:22 AM
Makoto and Ibuki will be the first two characters I play for sure as they were my two main characters on 3S before I stopped playing.

Nice! For me it's looking like Cody and Juri first up. We're all going to be spoiled for choice in super I think. :D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 24, 2009, 10:40:12 AM
Quote from: geneterror on December 24, 2009, 10:37:22 AM

Nice! For me it's looking like Cody and Juri first up. We're all going to be spoiled for choice in super I think. :D
Shit yeah. I've already changed my mind like a million times. I'm def maining DJ now, same name as me. And side Cody, same background as me. But if Dudles in i'm probably gonna thrash him too (nothing like me) .

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on December 24, 2009, 10:24:25 AM
Yeah, reversal window times, easymode inputs, and the bugger all amount of blockstun contributes to the turtlness and lack of pressure games I think.

If you look at some of the new characters, they seem like rushing characters in alot of ways. eg:

Deejay:  high priority jumpins and maxout lockdown.  Great crossup into damaging combos.

Guy:  everything he does is rushdown, with demon flip and apparently qcb+p to get around fireballs.  Controllable very far jumpin.

T.Hawk:  A grappler with a great reversal dp.  pokes his way into good mixup with tickthrows etc.

Dudley: seems like he could be great at both

Makoto: Fucking great rushdown character.  command throw into commbos, mixup from her hit confirmed dash punch.

Just a few thoughts anyway.

Don't forget Ibuki. Super rushdown character if played correctly.

massi4h

Well I wonder who I'll pick first... AKUMA!

Then I'll try Shadow cause he better be in the game and he should be a direct port from MSHvSF with air combos and 3 super bars lol.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 24, 2009, 12:05:42 PM
your name is Dee Jay? ???
It is now. Nah yeah I forgot his stupid name is DEE JAY, my name could be DJ, Daniel Jay Robert Grey is my full name, it even rhymes cos i'm a rhymaster.
Same name anyway really. You wouldnt say Stephen and Steven are different names. Or would you.

electric

Out of the new characters, I definitely want to give Guy, Cody, Makoto and Dudley a go... My interest is piqued by Hakan though... I'll make up my mind when I see him in action

And if Shadow is in I'm using him... Him and Armoured Spidey were my team in MvsSF
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

stereomonkey

I'll be playing as Dee Jay.  Which reminds me lenny, gotta have a jam at ST again ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 24, 2009, 04:26:15 PM
I'll be playing as Dee Jay.  Which reminds me lenny, gotta have a jam at ST again ;)

DO SOME COMBOS
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.