• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 06, 2010, 01:11:10 PM
I fucking hate you guys. I type out a massive post showing exactly where the confusion lies. Explained everyones point of view, with the hopes of generally making shit easier. And you fuckers resolve it before i get finished, so now, the only thing worth posting (barely) is THIS reply complaining about how i didnt get to post my awesome conversation breakdown.

Fuckers.
LOL , damn those are usually really good too. Which is why i'm glad you didnt post, muah ha hah.....

I like air throwing with Guile, and Elfuerte. There ones is teh awesomest. Chuns ones shit shit shit shit. muah ha hah.....
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 06, 2010, 11:10:05 AM

And lets not forget that sonic hurricane in MVC2 is a QCF move, that does average damage, is quite easily comboed in to, and lacks decent damage as an anti air. His flash kick super would (like a lot of things) be broken in that game due to it being a qcf, IF that game didnt have air blocking.

In SF4, the same rule would apply, but sonic hurricane is a different matter, particularly in what i proposed.

lol MVC2

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 06, 2010, 01:25:29 PM
lol MVC2

Yea i know. Not a GREAT example But take out assists and air blocking, and the properties of sonic hurricane in that game could work with some tweaks in SSF4.

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 06, 2010, 01:25:01 PM
I like air throwing with Guile, and Elfuerte. There ones is teh awesomest. Chuns ones shit shit shit shit. muah ha hah.....

Love airthrow. Hate fighting a guile that loves airthrow, because it beats my airthrow(that i love).
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 06, 2010, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 06, 2010, 11:10:05 AM

And lets not forget that sonic hurricane in MVC2 is a QCF move, that does average damage, is quite easily comboed in to, and lacks decent damage as an anti air. His flash kick super would (like a lot of things) be broken in that game due to it being a qcf, IF that game didnt have air blocking.

In SF4, the same rule would apply, but sonic hurricane is a different matter, particularly in what i proposed.

lol MVC2
LOL, rolled.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

B BOY DRAW2

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

CrazyMobius

Who is this?

Edit: Oh it's either Zangief or Dee Jay.

samurai black

chuns outfit looks a bit whack. lots of laughs at kens jaw though  :D

good to see some diff alts, if my crappy eyesight serves.

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 06, 2010, 06:52:12 PM
Edit: Oh it's either Zangief or Dee Jay.

How do you figure ? it looks nothing like Zangief, and I can't make out the other portrait
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on January 06, 2010, 07:19:59 PM

How do you figure ? it looks nothing like Zangief, and I can't make out the other portrait

One of the pictures matches Zangief and one of the names matches Deejay.

Lennysaurus

Its zangief in his "Mecha-Gief" outfit/colours.

He is completing a spinning pile driver on T Hawk.  You can kinda tell by the character portraits.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 06, 2010, 07:27:31 PM
Its zangief in his "Mecha-Gief" outfit/colours.

He is completing a spinning pile driver on T Hawk.  You can kinda tell by the character portraits.

The text reads "zangief vs Dee jay"

And lol at fuerte in his Aztec costume. Wish I could tell WTF is going on in that ultra though.

And for reference:

viper ultra = burning dance
cammy = cammy quick combination (cqc)
fuerte = el fuerte ultra spark? Doesn't sound right, but that's what it says.

High school Japanese is finally paying off.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

compliments of el_twelve on SRK.com

QuoteRyu's Ultra - Metsu Shoryuken - Basically describes it as a Shin Shoryuken with nastier looking effects.

Viper - Burning Dance - Activates in the air, kicks the opponent into the air and finishes with an electric cross chop.

Cammy - Cammy Quick Combination - It's a counter move, when opponent attacks, you'll counter with a submission hold combo (which probably involves Cammy rubbing her body all over her opponent...)

Fuerte - El Fuerte Ultra Spark - A close range grab, basically Propeller Tortilla the opponent into the air for a "finish hold" which could be any wrestling move. Can't make it out from the picture.

Something about rival characters appearing in arcade mode, even for new characters, and they'll all have cut scenes. Cody's rival is Guy.

New costumes for every character.
Also says something about being "able to equip things as soon as you get it", but the scan is too blurry for me to make it out. Japanese being so contextual a language, I don't want to read too far into it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPE for Viper's mid air Ultra!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Close range grab for fuerte? Hmmm. I can see some wtfbs coming from that. Assuming he keeps his +4 on block from a meaty slide, if that shit is as fast as giefs then there is gonna be slide -> ultra all over the show. Wouldve liked to see something I could combo off of something (q-bomb FADC ultra) but I'm not Unhappy. Definitely useable, but is it better than the teabag sunrise? Only time will tell.

And just when you thought they couldn't be more boring and unoriginal with ryu -> metsu shoryuken. >_>

Next we will see an alternate raging demon ultra for akuma.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 06, 2010, 08:32:08 PM
Next we will see an alternate raging demon ultra for akuma.

its so gonna be an air raging demon.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-features-super-street/60456

I came. Multiple times.

For anyone dumb enough not to click this shit, It showcases new costumes for Rufus, dan, rog(fucking WIN) chun, gief(also fucking WIN) and cammy. As well as new ultras for Ken(holy wtfbadassflamingfeetofDEATH batman!!), sim, gief(so. much. spinning.), fuerte(the spinning continues) and fei long. All in glorious glorious MOTION.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.