• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

so soul satellite is shining crystal bit with mobility? cool. but can be negated with a fireball or two... huh.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: hydrokinesis on January 12, 2010, 10:55:00 AM
Quote from: zosla on January 12, 2010, 10:51:54 AM
does that mean when rose got those orbs, jump ins are useless? or pokes? what does it cost to
use teh skill ?_?

It's her ultra II: Soul Satelite. And Yes, for the most part, it makes Pokes and jump ins much less attractive vs her. :D3

Lenny: Also Gen's Mantis jump is higher, and his c.mp in Crane is 'better' someone said 'seemed slower' but a couple others said 'much better'. Death touch is one of his Ultra II: Does like the Alpha style puches then touches their forhead, and their life goes down continuously (focus abosrb "grey" style) by about 40%, meaning one follow up hit on 'em in that state and *boom* all that life is gone. Sounds awesome.

Yeah sounds interesting... will depend what his accompanying ultra is for me though.  THe zenei ultra is really good imo.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Chur for the comments Hydro....

I can now see the uses for it...but like Zolsa mentioned...a couple of fireballs will eat them...you'd have to be attacking to make the most of them...

Juggle properties sound appealing...would have been nice to have an option to shoot them at the opponent tho...to keep them guessing - like Athena's super that Bill mentioned.

I'll give it a blat for sure tho....Gypsy power!  ;D
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Lennysaurus

Quote from: DVS on January 12, 2010, 11:41:26 AM

I can now see the uses for it...but like Zolsa mentioned...a couple of fireballs will eat them...you'd have to be attacking to make the most of them...

Juggle properties sound appealing...would have been nice to have an option to shoot them at the opponent tho...to keep them guessing - like Athena's super that Bill mentioned.

nah bro, apparently they were FADCing off one of her other moves into it.  So it gets guaranteed from a particular combo.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 12, 2010, 11:45:08 AM
Quote from: DVS on January 12, 2010, 11:41:26 AM

nah bro, apparently they were FADCing off one of her other moves into it.  So it gets guaranteed from a particular combo.

Sweet, I like the sound of that....."guaranteed" depends on my execution though....or how many beers I've had - eh Weezy?
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

fluxcore

Quote from: electric on January 12, 2010, 09:58:24 AM
Giefs is 0 frames. If you don't jump before the flash, you're getting piledriven. Akumas super is the same

1+0 frames technically, I believe Gino did some tests to prove that when Gief does ultra raw, you can actually beat it on reaction with some things (?throw?, ?ex fireball?)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on January 12, 2010, 12:09:02 PM
Giefs is 0 frames. If you don't jump before the flash, you're getting piledriven. Akumas super is the same

1+0 frames technically, I believe Gino did some tests to prove that when Gief does ultra raw, you can actually beat it on reaction with some things (?throw?, ?ex fireball?)
Nah jack bro. You cant beat it with shit. No counter Ultra, ex DP, or teleport. Let alone a throw or ex fb lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

That's what we thought when we heard about it. Sometimes things aren't what they seem.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 12, 2010, 12:43:41 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on January 12, 2010, 12:09:02 PM

Nah jack bro. You cant beat it with shit. No counter Ultra, ex DP, or teleport. Let alone a throw or ex fb lol.
Nah that's what I meant in the PSN feedback thread. On the weekend vs you I did a wakeup Zangief Ultra on you and it gotten beaten by a jab DP, I was like this :o on my end. Also Erugoodwin got me with a Abel TT out of Zangiefs Ultra on the weekend. This past weekend was hard on my poor Zangief :D
KOW 2011

geneterror

KOW 2011

[8-----D] Toots

If the Ultra starts up and you havent inputted some type of throw invincible move or jumped before the flash your guna get UAB'd from what I know/experienced.

fluxcore

That's not what Gilley told me, but yeah I thought so too. Actually I think Gino made it work with super fireball.

Barnstorm

so if fuerte is 3 frame that should be garanteed off rsf

that would be nice because i dont see a way to land it otherwise

Hydro

Quote from: geneterror on January 12, 2010, 01:24:09 PM
Hey Lenny...
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jan/11/seth-killian-demos-guy-ssf4/

I'm really looking forward to most of these new characters!

I must admit, Guy looks incredibly Solid so far, def gonna have a jam on him. The damage on the Bushin flip >> throw is really decent. And his Ultra II is the sex.

electric

Quote from: Barnstorm on January 12, 2010, 01:48:38 PM
so if fuerte is 3 frame that should be garanteed off rsf

that would be nice because i dont see a way to land it otherwise

I won't be so sure... from what I've heard it's still a grab, meaning uncomboable... and if it's got 3 frames start up, unless they've made a change to pre-jump frames being grabbable, I don't think it will work

It's still definitely early days though, so who knows!

Also re:Zangief's ultra, the only way to beat it is to get something out that's unthrowable before the flash, i.e. Tornado throw, airborn frames of DP etc.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla