• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

for those of you interested in the 3s characters heres some new info

Update: A couple additional notes for the three Third Strike characters that will be appearing in Super Street Fighter 4 have been added to this story.

Ibuki
• She can Super Jump like C. Viper and apparently Cancel some of her normals with her Super Jump as well.

• Super: Kasumi Suzaku â€" Ibuki's projectile throwing Super from Third Strike. She unleashes a barrage of kunai and shurikens after leaping into the air.

• Ultra 1: Yoroi Dooshi â€" She attacks her opponent with her fist and elbow making a big energy ball come out.

• Ultra 2: Hashin Shou â€" This is from 2nd Impact, it wasn't in Third Strike. Ibuki performs a series of attacks and follows up by throwing a ton of her kunai (daggers). It goes through projectiles.

• She has a target combo, and can do it while jumping. It's Light Punch, Chain into Hard Punch.

• Far standing Light Punch is very fast â€" good poke.

• Crouching Hard Punch is very good anti-air.

Makoto
• Super: Tanden Renki/Semenokata â€" Unlike in Third Strike, Makoto can now block when she does this Super and can also perform her Ultras while it's activated, it's still timer based. This pisses Makoto off and makes her attacks take off more power.

• Ultra 1: Seichuusen Godandzuki â€" Performs a series of really powerful punches.

• Ultra 2: Abare Tosanami Kudaki â€" Makoto's off the wall jump attack, she follows up with some upwards punches after she lands. This can be Jump Canceled.

Dudley
• Super: Rocket Upper â€" Dudley performs multiple Jet Uppercut attacks.

• Ultra 1: Rolling Thunder â€" Charges him forward and he connects with several powerful punches. This travels through projectiles.

• Ultra 2: Corkscrew Cross â€" Somewhat like the Corkscrew Blow Super Art in Third Strike. It will connect with airborne opponents, so it's better for combos. Rolling Thunder meanwhile does not (fully?) connect with airborne opponents, but it does more damage to compensate.

• Machine Gun Upper, Cancel into Ultra works.
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Think ive nearly crossed everything out on the "rumor list " now .
Lets just call it the " its in the game list now "

expect a arcade release announcement and the new tandem saving multihit focus info to be talked bout soon cos thats pretty much all thats left on their except for a few storyline things

Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.
All characters will have two Ultras.

It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.
Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.
All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.
Some characters will have Air Ultras.
The Bonus Stages will be returning.

This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.
Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).
Ibuki has a  superjump.
Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.
Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.
Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
Guy has his Chain combos.

Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.
Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.

Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.
T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.
Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.
There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.
The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken

fluxcore

I think the tadan saving one was quashed actually.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

B BOY DRAW2

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The last character to be released. All this hype. I doubt its just going to be a grey haired dude in spandex 3/4 pants.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

you never know. its not like the designs for the new characters have been particularly imaginative

also alan, i think you shouldve used this one.

stereomonkey

That is because they need more movie star and wrestling cliches to rip off.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

propafanda

electric

Kanta-kun on SRK already owned up to photoshopping that one
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Got nothing relevant to say.

Just wanted people to check out honda choking this bitch lol
pringles

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: iRONsoL on February 23, 2010, 04:46:57 PM
Got nothing relevant to say.

Just wanted people to check out honda choking this bitch lol

are you on live Sol or still rocking the silver account ?

xpunch

what is this nonsense  ??? lol

shadow sodom? haha

B BOY DRAW2

YUSSS...

...BANANA SKIN BONUS STAGE IS BACK!!!

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.