• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Yea Gen got raped....wtf why would they do that?.......it takes skill to get close to your opponent wif Gen to do those combos and they take it away from him.....maybe with his U2 there are more links or some other counter balance....oh well......

Sounds like Ken got fuct over as well......I know a few campers that will not be happy about this....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

budafist

not happy at all.
as if the gay cowboy outfit wasnt enough.

oh well I needed something to break me out of my infatuation with Mr Masters anyway.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Lots of people have claimed Ken has been improved. Honestly, i would look at the buffs on that list, and with exception to ryu/akuma/sagat, ignore the nerfs until the game is released.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah I heard a while back that they wanted Ken and Ryu to be pretty even, but not according to recent news. Oh they added invincibility on Kens HP DP, I guess that's something good.

Atm I'm looking to go in the direction of Sakura.

DVS

I suppose it's all hard to believe or judge until we have it in our hands.....still aren't some of these reliable sources?
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

MrWizard is reliable, but there will be stuff that only people who main each character are going to notice.

Its like how MrWiz reckons fuerte has faster normals, but Buktooth reckons hes the same. Id lean towards buk, simply because buk knows more about the character.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Ryu - Ryu's medium and hard dragon punches hit twice now. Damage is down on it, but if you FADC, you only get one hit from it, so damage is down even farther. Trades to ultra from DP are gone, and most trades into ultra from SF4 are gone, but not all. Puts you in a floaty state, and you cant combo afterwards.

Let's face it, shit was broken, this is great news.

Maining Chun Li.

xpunch

dudley vs cody

i posted this up because it kinda shows how fast lv 2 focus attacks are now at about 30seconds in and  1min.15secs, dudley jumps in ..... cody charges focus attack ....... and bang .... stunned!!! that shittz super fast compared to sf4, and man this game is looking way good. dudley looks pretty fast when linking his combos. and both chars looks smooth az lol

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

I'm liking the changes I am hearing.
This is looking to be way better than SF4.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Abel looks dope

Not sure what they were trying to do with Bison though :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

who needs srk trade ultra? comes in handy sometimes but hardly use it. Only thing I find stupid is teh 2 hit srk, I never thought Ryu's SRk was over powered...now it seems he doesn't have a decent AA which is reliable, sif.
Anyways not caring too much since there are other ways around AA.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

I Like Sakuras but DeeJay looks mad awesome :D

"them are some bad ass mother fuckers"

EDIT: wtf at Bison :'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on March 12, 2010, 09:19:14 AM
who needs srk trade ultra? comes in handy sometimes but hardly use it. Only thing I find stupid is teh 2 hit srk, I never thought Ryu's SRk was over powered...now it seems he doesn't have a decent AA which is reliable, sif.
Anyways not caring too much since there are other ways around AA.

lp dragon is still the same.

And those costumes are nice. Chun and seth are underwhelming, and LOL power ranger bison. Hawk is flat terrible, the rest are pretty cool. Dee Jay being the best one, although the Ryu Hakama actually makes him NOT look boring.

The faster focus attack is going to make things either really interesting, or REALLY ugly. Personally i think thats a good sized buff to the entire cast, outside of sagat. Its going to make characters with longer ranges on their FAs (Fuerte/Akuma/fei, to name a few) really dangerous.

Also, the more i look at the Gen nerfs, the more i start thinking, maybe he's not nerfed, maybe he's just different. Im really intrigued to see how everything turns out.

But fuck man, the friday after SSF4 is released, Giga is going to go OFF. Ill be there. The rest of you better be aswell.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.