• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Is that this?

Didn't even know there was a Japanese X-men show. The animation and models look awesome!

samurai black

yeah thats just the japanese intro for the 90s cartoon. theres a new one.

CrazyMobius

Then that must be this.  :-[ Once again they suck all the colour and fun out of it.

xFIST_0F_FURYx

There's a wolverine anime lol

samurai black

yeah i heard it blows. ive got the first episode of the iron man one but its real boring, so i havent gotten into it.

originaljulz

Man I hate the feeling I get when I finish a really good anime. It's like, what the fuck do I do with my life now? I always finish them in like, 2-3 nights on average which is way too fast to enjoy it. Though I never finished School Rumble, and I'm about to finish the second season after it being like 4 years since I saw my first episode. I think there's a third season though so I might try to find that.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

xFIST_0F_FURYx

I got some much anime to watch. I just finished watching Tsubasa Chronicles but they stopped making more eps for the anime so I need to read the manga.

stereomonkey

Yeah, that anime was horrible.  Stopped watching after a couple of episodes and read the entire manga instead.  So many volumes to go through but really worthwhile in the end.

I thought watching anime will be good but I think I find it more fun reading the manga instead.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

massi4h

Fuck you Stu, Tsubasa was awesome. It's got Sakura and Syaoran. OVAs were real good and that's where most of the story from the manga gets put in. Still reading through it though. Getting it out from the library cause it feels nicer to read. Manga is good so far.

xFIST_0F_FURYx

Quote from: massi4h on April 26, 2011, 06:46:53 PM
Fuck you Stu, Tsubasa was awesome. It's got Sakura and Syaoran. OVAs were real good and that's where most of the story from the manga gets put in. Still reading through it though. Getting it out from the library cause it feels nicer to read. Manga is good so far.
Hahaha Kurogane and don't get mad i like tsubasa lol.

stereomonkey

Quote from: massi4h on April 26, 2011, 06:46:53 PM

Nah, anime looked like shit which is what you like Mason?

Serious though I read through the whole lot a couple of weeks ago.  I was collecting the volumes back in oz but think I only made it to vol15 and vol13 of xxxholic.  Thank god I have a tablet to read them on :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Aren't those girls comics?

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

massi4h

Nah Tsubasa is Shonen version of CCS based more around Syaoran I guess (yeah I know most of the spoilers and stuff, but don't ruin it for me please :D)

I watched all of xxxholic including the ova that just came out to end it. There are heaps of gaps I wanna fill in but I didn't really enjoy the characters enough to want to read the manga. Zashiki-warashi was the best looking female character in the anime and I wanted to see her get somewhere with Watanuki. And then bam the first ova comes around and she's not in it anymore and Yuuko dies straight away and then she says "I'm back" through the girl in the end of the first ova and then nothing comes from it.

The ending didn't seem like much of an ending either (coulda been better in the manga), seemed more of a we're tired of this series now lets just end it.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: originaljulz on April 26, 2011, 08:28:46 PM
Problem, Officer?

Actually you're right. Reading comics for adolescent girls is no worse than reading comics for adolescent boys. I guess it's just how the new generation rolls. That's cool.