• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Anyone mod arcade sticks in wellington area?

Started by Darkf0rge, November 21, 2009, 12:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

The new madcatz CODWM2 pads are common ground too, but also pricey.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Darkf0rge

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Yeah I already looked into this and was goign to order the cthulu+imp.

But I dont trust myself to install it and not fuck it up royally.

zos'la

poo bear, hmm might need to do some look up for xbox 360 sticks. I am sure I can get something made in china that works just as well!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

There aren't any chinese knockoff 360 sticks or pads btw
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Alan, you really don't know what teh chinese are capable of, they are crazy when it comes to hacking stuff like this.
why do you think the stick that Kevin won at teh Nationals works on PS3/Xbox360 and PC? and I think that may just be the early versions. that stick may have crap parts but the PCB is actually quiet unique of its own, one PCB does it all. Most important of all, they are cheap!!!

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

lol? how am I BS? Did you not see the Box that contain the Stick Kevin won? it was sponsor prize from Giga and we tested teh stick on PS3 and Xbox360 the night before the Nationals to make sure it IS working on both consoles. Currently Kevin uses it on PC. anways... I know you're proficient in electronics but sometimes you gota look out of the box and be realistic.

fluxcore

I haven't seen it work on both consoles, and from everything I know it either has two pcbs in it, or doesn't work on both.

Either:
this company has paid for the MS licence to create legit third party 360 peripherals (and get the authentication/encryption chip legit), which I don't think anyone has except MadCatz
Or:
they have reverse engineered the encryption (which I would have heard about)
Or:
It's using some other pcb in it

In any of these cases it doesn't help us directly, other than that we could technically buy this stick and rip out the guts to use in another stick. If it is the case that one of these is actually true.

personally I think it's shenanigans

zos'la

its using some other PCB, it is not a MS thing. The 3rd pt stuff are always something that a copy of the origal. We will have to get you to see it when u here next time!!!

btw I saw this pad from Madcats, Mad Catz (MOV-547160) for Xbox 360
It seems there are 2 colours black and white and aparently these are common ground? I think you mentioned it in your other post? or was it Lenny... anyways if they are how hard are they to get a hold of?

fluxcore

Yes, you want the GAMESTOP version of the mad catz 4716 (aka late version). Or the madcatz microcon. Or the madcatz arcade stick.

Also you misunderstand about the 'MS thing'. Every single 360 peripheral has an MS encryption/authentication chip on it, which is the entire reason why so few third party devices have been developed for it in comparison to the PS3 knockoff stuff. In other words, they pay MS a licensing fee to obtain the chip. You cannot create a controller for 360 without one.

zos'la

I understand exactly what you mean Alan about teh MS thing. And yes I can confirm that there are 3rd party knock offs for the 360's. I will post you a link later for this and you can cherck it out, mind you its in chinese. I would get Kevins Stick and show you what I mean also when you're next up in Auckland.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on November 24, 2009, 12:59:47 PM
I understand exactly what you mean Alan about teh MS thing. And yes I can confirm that there are 3rd party knock offs for the 360's. I will post you a link later for this and you can cherck it out, mind you its in chinese. I would get Kevins Stick and show you what I mean also when you're next up in Auckland.

Yeah Id be interested too.  I have seen very similar sticks to Kevin's going on E-bay, whereupon closer inspection they end up being pad hacks of official microsoft pads anyway.

Grab kevs stick and bing it to the next grinder cause if it does work on all id be keen to buy a couple.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

I'll see if I can get a hold of Kevin.
Still trying to find that webpage with the links I saw...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Hell, even BIRRY WONG has an eyebrow raised now.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.