• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

A2 GGPO tournament!!!!

Started by HoneyBadger, December 02, 2009, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

im struggling to set up my ggpo at the mo id be keen as a beaver tho

zos'la

I'm interested but would like to get a hang of the game again first.
Plus I don't have GGPO... might need to download it and get the rom for A2... thats all I need right?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Yup, all you need bro. Hop on vent as Ben and I are on most nights.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Shit, that's a nice link lenny
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 02, 2009, 01:04:24 PM
Does ggpo work on a mac?

Nope, sucks how it's only available for FBA, since Adobe Air is cross platform and all, so technically, it'd be possible, if not highly unlikely
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

stereomonkey

Bummer.

On another note.  If anyone wants to stream the ggpo match you can now with the help of xfire and livestream. :)

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/12/xfire-teams-with-livestream-to-broadcast-your-pc-gameplay/

zos'la

yeah its a nice link lenny posted. been readying it at work.. god another thing to learn!!!
its been so long since I've play A2 but I think its one of my favourites?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

We got more than enough people to at least start shit up. Times anyone? Weeknights or Weekends which is better?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on December 02, 2009, 11:35:58 AM
Who the hell calls it 'oricom'...

That's what theyre called dude. Anyway strange to single that term out in a board that flings around terms like "ranbat".

Quote from: fluxcore on December 02, 2009, 11:35:58 AM

also while you may be correct with the more sophisticated bit, doesn't mean it's a better game...

I like Alpha 3, especially for the win.  8)

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on December 02, 2009, 12:53:54 PM
I'm interested but would like to get a hang of the game again first.
Plus I don't have GGPO... might need to download it and get the rom for A2... thats all I need right?

Nah bro. Don't fall for it a. Cmon Andy SF4 is where it's at. However if you are looking to go for "this older shit" I have heard that a select few are turning their sights to Alpha 3. If I were you I would concentrate my efforts in that particular entry into the series. Some would say the best entry.

I wish you Good Luck.

fluxcore

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Keen. Ive been randomly playing it a bit. (only vs cpu) Adon seems fun though.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 02, 2009, 03:44:17 PM
Nah bro. Don't fall for it a. Cmon Andy SF4 is where it's at. However if you are looking to go for "this older shit" I have heard that a select few are turning their sights to Alpha 3. If I were you I would concentrate my efforts in that particular entry into the series. Some would say the best entry.

Well there is quite a few people willing to jam on alpha2.  Alpha 3 maybe a great game in the series but really are you going to try and get a scene going for that one (which has a high learning curve like marvel) or do you want to ease people into the alpha series.

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 02, 2009, 03:17:36 PM
We got more than enough people to at least start shit up. Times anyone? Weeknights or Weekends which is better?

I am up for any day at any time as long as other people are willing to commit too. :D