• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter IV matchup thread.

Started by CrazyMobius, December 14, 2009, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL what wake up games? He doesnt even have a crossup.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 18, 2010, 08:42:52 PM
LOL what wake up games? He doesnt even have a crossup.

Meaties, meatie throws, izuna drop crossup, EX stab off wall thingie, Ground Based crossup Using DF+Roundhouse, meaty slide mixups.

Everyone has unique stuff they can do to mix up a downed opponent.  All of Vegas leave him open fairly quick afterwards and allow him to stab, if not sweep a fuerte doing tortilla to escape mixup pressue when downed.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

True, those games are retardedly easy to play though lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its the fucking jabs and pokes that screw me over. Most of his other stuff seems pretty straight forward to get around.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on January 18, 2010, 11:33:02 PM
looks like im fucked. oh well.
I know grab some candles, some lube and some wine. 

Check SRK bro. I cant think of fuck all, but keep in s HK distance i guess. If he gets too rape like EX SBK his ass away.Or even try a UB HK, that might get you outta the dive kick/mix up bull shit for free. Dunno. Check SRK and try the shit I said. I play a bit of Chun, but no one really plays Rufus on psn besides Derrace, and he deserves my top chars.

You need to get online bro.

Skullator

Quote from: samurai black on January 18, 2010, 05:21:37 PM
i might get something useful outta this.

whos got some protips for chun vs rufus? stu divekicked my face off on saturday, and i had no real response to that :S

Skulls Bible of Chun, chapter Rufus-

- Standing Jab after blocked tornado
- Focus absorb dive kick \ early AA, lvl1 focus, dash up and stomps
- DF Roundhouse, EX Messiah bait by jump back, late forward into sweep to catch and punish it.
- DF Roundhouse, jump back roundhouse(instant overhead) to feel him out
- Zone with walking roundhouses, kikokens, sweeps, and occasional hasan-shu
- Reversal his low fierce (long punch) with ultra
- stomp mix ups are safe on his wake up (EX messiah included, startup)
- Jump back roundhouse against his pressure, it anti airs
- AA dive kicks with far roundhouse, sweep, far fierce, neutral jump roundhouse, standing jab,
- If he tries to tornado through kikoken, ultra punish.
- Defend against dive kicks with high and low blocks, EX SBK when they land, close fierce after blocking high, High block dive kick = Reversal EX legs. short hazan-shu mixups on low block
- Go under EX-messiah with low fierces, crouching strong, and crouch forward (meaty) can work too.
- Jump back roundhouse a lot to lure some of their jump roundhouses, then punish their landing with some short short EX legs
- Dodge Rufus's jumping roundhouse like the plague or you eat ultra \ Ex snakestrikes and get peaced out.

Hope that helps.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Skullators sounds better than SRK's one.
SRK
Vs. Rufus (4-6)The primary things that make this match hard are that Dive Kick beats EX SBK cleanly, and EX Messiah Kick destroys Chun's in-close game. If you are getting Dive Kick spammed, you can try to jab Rufus out of it, anticipate the jump and beat him in the air, or FA absorb it and back-dash away. As for EX Messiah Kick, same as against the shotos, you'll need to be very careful about your wakeup game. If you can bait out the Kick and jump straight up over it, you can punish Rufus afterwards. If you end up blocking it, you end up in a position where Rufus can still potentially hurt you. The best Rufus strategy is part keeping him away, part attacking him carefully. Also, be wary of the skies - he has a number of ways to beat you up there which lead to great damage for him.
Rufus
J.MP and J.MK are good Air-to-Air tools.She has a floaty jump. Ex SS her.Dive Kick beats EX SBK on wake upShe can punish blocked Rufus´s cr.HP with super/Ultra.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Ohh wait, how do you Ultra punish if he Tornado's through Kikouken? Unless it's rrrreeeall late, or your just making a meeeean guess. Am I missing something here? I HAVE just smoked a phat philly blunt.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Given the speed of chun's fireballs, id say you have enough time to throw one out as tornado bait, pause, start charging, and then fire the ultra out on reaction to the tornado.

My guess.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Wouldn't it be pretty easy do to if tornado whiffs?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Smoofologist on January 19, 2010, 09:58:59 AM

Yea but who the hell is gonna whiff a tornado when chun has charge and ultra? Since tornado snuffs fireballs, the rufus MIGHT try and use it for that reason.

But for the most part, i think weazzy is right in his thinking for the most part. Despite having just smoked a 'phat philly blunt'
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 19, 2010, 10:09:08 AM
Quote from: Smoofologist on January 19, 2010, 09:58:59 AM

Yea but who the hell is gonna whiff a tornado when chun has charge and ultra? Since tornado snuffs fireballs, the rufus MIGHT try and use it for that reason.

But for the most part, i think weazzy is right in his thinking for the most part. Despite having just smoked a 'phat philly blunt'

It's SRK. I guarantee you dumb asses do shit like that all the time.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

cool beans. got something to apply to my typically mindless gameplay.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I used for the most part followed by for the most part. I fail at sentence.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.