• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter Triathlon!!!

Started by Lennysaurus, December 15, 2009, 10:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gino

Quote from: Toomeke on December 15, 2009, 05:10:56 PM
What about 3s  ;D

I thought it would be cool to have a separate tournament for HDR, SF3, CVS2 etc, but I guess that is up to someone who can be bothered to run them.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

Lennysaurus

THe reason behind choosing the three games mentioned above are as follows.

HD Remix:
Most people have a copy of this, and it is the latest version of street fighter 2.  Very simple to learn.

Alpha2:
Of the alpha games it is the easiest to learn, and we already have a large contingency of people playing on GGPO already.  ALso for those that dont have it, it is very easy to get a copy of the rom online etc etc.

Street Fighter IV:
Its the latest street fighter out, and the game that the most of us play.  It means that there is one common game that we all play there.  Also entices more people to join, as they know that they can do well in SFIV and can pick up the other games fast.

Furthermore this is why it will be a team tourney.  If you are strong in HD/ST and shit in SFIV, you can pair with someone else that is good at SFIV to supplement your team.  Means people can pair with players that are stronger in an area to supplement their teams downfalls.

I missed out 3S, CVS2, and Alpha3 due to the large learning curves and the relatively small player bases.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yay for being shit at everything. :D
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Seems like a good list and probably the most played 3 games almost. Cept Marvel, but that's probably too split up.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yea bro, I'm keen for some SF4, and SF4, and oh heck fuck it, i'll even play some sf4.

HD remix is hard, I cant even beat the cpu, damn thing fights like Daigo.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

How many in a team? Pairs, Trios?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 16, 2009, 07:23:30 AM
Sounds awesome. I'd love to see some of the SF4 beasts get owned at these other games.  ;D However it sucks that you always end up organizing these things if it means you won't be able to join.

One thing though. Would this be before or after Bar Fights? If bar fights is around the release of Super Sf4 and this is after that then I think all this might be a bit redundant.

Nah this wont be as big so ill be in it.

looking at late jan early feb so before barfights.

Can people star postin if they are interested so i can see if there are numbers to support it.  basically need about 8 teams to make viable imo.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Gankatron

Good stuff Lenny for organizing another gig, keen.

zos'la

would be keen but need to look for some team member which actually don't dislike me on this forum :) or I can be a one man clan!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 16, 2009, 12:21:43 AM
Yea bro, I'm keen for some SF4, and SF4, and oh heck fuck it, i'll even play some sf4.

HD remix is hard, I cant even beat the cpu, damn thing fights like Daigo.

Lets form team DrunkenBlaze and we'll jam some HD Remix over the net with mics or have a jam at my place before the tourney if you keen?
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

If James is keen I'll go as a team. You just need to D-Lo a copy of HDR.

EDIT: Could be Team "What Cat?"

Barnstorm

im keen to play
being in wellington im not sure how it will work out tho with getting there etc

and i need a partner

zos'la

something will work out as the time comes :)

barn, I'll take you to the white house for a one day/night partner, but your paying!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.