• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Cheaper Lexan Joystick Covers Made in NZ!!!

Started by Lennysaurus, January 19, 2010, 08:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on May 05, 2010, 04:45:50 AM
Sooo...has anyone got any good news bout these plexi's?
I'm comin' to AKL tomorrow for the OHAPAC festivities on the weekend and wouldn't mind knowing if it's worth the mish to pickup a couple?

...anyone...

A bit late, but a mate just rang them up to get a few sheets for a custom stick he's building... will let you know how they go
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Anyway guys.

Because I am such a nice fucking guy, and come nats it'd look fucking awesome if wee all rocked up sporting custom artwork, I have gone to this outfit and provided them with dimensions and an autocad file of the TE stick.

In turn they are going to do up a setup on one of thier machines which will mean that from now on they will be able to do the plexis for cheaper due to them now having a cad drawing to stick into the wossname and let the machine pewpew the plastic.  So if you people want this shit on the cheap yo, then flick me an email and I will hook you up with the cad drawing... you basically wander down there, buy the plexi from them, and give them the file and it should result in you getting this for alot cheaper.

Just note that when I got it done up I did it for only six buttons (Cause real men dont assign PPP and KKK to the extra buttons) so you might have to get them to accomodate that.

PEACE!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Lenny,
I got a custom stick with the top custom cut out, but I want a new plexi thicker than the one I got currently, Could I just scan my current plexi and give them the scanned file for them to cut??? because havign to cut out a custom cover from plexi to fit exactly like my current one with hand is not gona work as the placement will vary even with teh slightest movement and the buttons\stick holes won't aline properly.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on May 17, 2010, 02:21:43 PM
Lenny,
I got a custom stick with the top custom cut out, but I want a new plexi thicker than the one I got currently, Could I just scan my current plexi and give them the scanned file for them to cut??? because havign to cut out a custom cover from plexi to fit exactly like my current one with hand is not gona work as the placement will vary even with teh slightest movement and the buttons\stick holes won't aline properly.

Just take the plexi to them and tthey can do it for sure.  Dont know how much it will cost you though.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

massi4h

Nice job Lenny. I've been wanting to custom art my stick for ages, only problem is I'll have to get more buttons cause I'd need a different colour and I'm still not decided on Sanwa/Seimitsu.

But yeah I actually need those last 2 buttons for tetris and other games and yeah I sometimes assign them to PPP, KKK, throw, etc. So when I can be bothered I'll do the alternative I guess.

originaljulz

This thread is the single greatest thing I have ever come across. I'll prob mish it down to Manukau this weekend to see whats up, and prob get a panel cut for my Hrap3. Pity the autocad file thingy you gave mr Plus Plastics man was for the TE stick and not the Hrap :'O
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

originaljulz

So I went on down to Plus Plastics the other day, and he said it's dirt cheap for the plastic, (only $3) but the machine cost is going to be around $100 and the cost for making the autocad pic for the panel would be another $100. That's pretty insane.

I was wondering though, if any of you know of a way that I could get an autocad pic for a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3??

Either if you guys know anybody that has had one cut, or if you know somewhere where I could get one?

Otherwise I have to get one from Tek innovations lol.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: originaljulz on July 06, 2010, 04:31:32 PM
So I went on down to Plus Plastics the other day, and he said it's dirt cheap for the plastic, (only $3) but the machine cost is going to be around $100 and the cost for making the autocad pic for the panel would be another $100. That's pretty insane.

I was wondering though, if any of you know of a way that I could get an autocad pic for a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3??

Either if you guys know anybody that has had one cut, or if you know somewhere where I could get one?

Otherwise I have to get one from Tek innovations lol.

$100 for machine costs doesnt sound right.  After getting the initial autocad done, it has only cost me like 30-40 bucks for my TE cuts.

originaljulz

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on July 06, 2010, 04:53:36 PM
$100 for machine costs doesnt sound right.  After getting the initial autocad done, it has only cost me like 30-40 bucks for my TE cuts.

Yeah that's what I thought. I think I mentioned that in the last email I sent him.
So I think I could put the price back down to around that, but that would still need me to find an autocad file.

How much did it cost you to get the autocad for the TE stick, Lenny?

originaljulz

K so I made a post in the custom artwork thread, but ima copy pasta it here just in case anybody was interested:

"
Anybody interested in getting plexiglass panels cut for their Hori Real Arcade Pro 3s?

It looks like a lot of you guys have them, and might want to put custom artwork into them. Till now it looks like everyone who got one got it from Art's Hobbies, but I was thinking of getting one from the place Lenny mentioned in his thread (Plus Plastics).

The problem with that is, they charge a lot for making the autocad image or w/e needed to cut the plexi, and this is by far the biggest chunk of the price. The plus side is that once you have that, future cuts will be cheap as chips.

So rather than pay huge $$ for the designing charge by myself or just buying from Art's, my bright idea was to ask around, and see if any of you guys want to split the cost. The panels themselves would also end up cheaper than buying it from Art (less than the $70NZD he charges), and as well as that members of the NZism forums could ask for the autocad and buy it cheaper in the future as well.

What do you guys think?
Good idea or no?
Anybody keen?

I hope so because I could just get it from Art, but then the cycle would just continue and we'd keep needlessly wasting our money.

P.S. I already have one person interested so as it is, they will already cost around the same as ordering one from Art. It's just with every person interested, the price will be reduced by a lot.
"

The benefits of having a community of like-minded individuals I suppose, huh.

Rorooze

I have autocad, if you can give me the exact dimensions I can probably make the file up for you.

originaljulz

Oh wow thats awesome bro.

The guy just emailed me and said he took it to one of his subcontractors so it's only gonna cost me $45 for both.
I'll take you up on that offer if you're still keen tho.

You da man.