• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Macromedia Flash

Started by CrazyMobius, January 19, 2010, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Hello all, I'm thinking about investing in Flash to try my hand at making some simple video games and I'm wondering is this able to be done in Flash Basic? Or would you really need Flash Professional?

Any other general tips or cautions about first time buying would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DVS

Try downloading the version you want to see if it does everything you need it to do....

Mininova.com usually has everything  8)

Are these games for the net? If so knowing a bit of actionscript would be good. I've got a friend who is pretty much looking at doing the same thing -I'll ask him and see if he knows about this.

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

geneterror

Hey Simon, I do a bit of work in Flash (mostly web) and have a copy of Flash you could use to make sure it's what you're after. Then just grab a full copy when you're ready. Don't use Flash Basic.

Suzannah and I are looking at investing a in a full copy of CS4 Design Premium or the equivalent but for now we're running CS3.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Thanks Graham and Gene. I think Graham, the ol problem I usually have is that I'm a Mac user so it gets hard with compatibility. But good to hear the warning about Basic.

And yeah Gene I think some sort of script learning is in order. I'm more or less thinking aloud at the moment and trying to start a creative momentum.

If you guys are or know of anyone that's wanting to collaborate in some sort of creative endeavour I'm interested to get back involved in this type of thing. Been in hybernation for the last 10 years or so.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

are you and james ever gunna try and get your card game on the market again ?
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CrazyMobius

That's a bloody good point Euan.

Hydro

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on January 19, 2010, 05:27:55 PM
are you and james ever gunna try and get your card game on the market again ?

I THORT THIS EXACT THING JUST AN HOUR AGO >_> O_O <_<

Yes, the short literal answer is yes. It's too damned good not too.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

ahh thats good to hear  :)

Snap to it boys !!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 19, 2010, 06:09:59 PM
That's a bloody good point Euan.

I've got the first twenty right in front of me now, such balance!