• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Battle Coliseum in HD for XBox

Started by CrazyMobius, January 26, 2010, 03:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCOABC

NGBC is a good fighter.  I've had the game for my import PS2 since launch (That would mean I've had the game for a few years now) and its still an enjoyable them to play now with its more obscure roster of SNK characters -

E.g - World Heros, Kizuna Battle, Last Blade, Aggressors of Dark Combat, Metal Slug and even the mechanical King Kong from King of Monsters.

Not only that you get new version of Ryo (Mr.Karate) and Robert wearing some pimp as outfit.  Ryo pretty much plays like a mix of Ryo and Takuma in this version while Robert goes back to being a charge character being able to throw high and low sonic booms amongst other new stuff.  Also Terry is in his MoTW incarnation and Rock Howard is in so you can finally have a dream match of Rock vs Geese.  Not forgetting Tung Fu Rue from fatal Fury 1 and 2 and Lee Pai long from Art of Fighting 1 and 2 finally making an updated appearance with redone movesets.  Tung especially is quite a beast to use and one of my fav especially when he Hulks up and laucnhes a massive Ha Do Beam.

Actually dissappointed that this game is only getting Xbl release and not PSN as i would definately get it again just for the cleaned up visuals.  New backgrounds, meh but hey a little extra I guess.

Also you crazy Xbl kids, I heard that you will be getting KoF98 Ultimate Match as well.  Bloody fantastic game so don't miss that one.  And if you do get KoF2002 Unlimited Match get that too as those 2 games are by far THE best KoF games you can get with great rosters, new moves, slight balancing and overall feels a lot more playable.  I have them for my PS2 and it may not be much to look at (KoF graphics as pixellated as they may look I do actually like them) but gameplay is top notch as far as fighters go.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

KOF 98 UM has been out on XBL for a while now.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

ROCOABC

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 28, 2010, 07:05:18 PM
KOF 98 UM has been out on XBL for a while now.

Oh... hey thats what I get for not owning an Xbox console.  Still doesn't change the fact that its a great game. 

fluxcore

Looks pretty cool actually... if the netcode doesn't suck!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I dunno.......It got shocking reviews. To me it really sound like a shit game. Cool if all the characters could do team supers.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

eh, i wouldnt trust reviews, at least not for this game. id say youre better off trying to find it on ps2 or something and having a jam on that to see if you like it instead.

and IIRC, the team supers dont do much actual damage, they just chew up the part of your life bar that can recover while youre tagged out.

i would get this if i could find a second hand copy for ps2 or if i had a 360.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah i'm a big review believer. Especially from ign and gamespot. Eversince i was a lil kid i always checked their reviews beforehand. I tried getting games by the look of them but wasted alot of money.

But thats just me. Worst purchase for me would be Dynasty Warriors:Gundam :( On the spot, heat of the moment stupidity.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Thats fine. But this game is a lot better than the reviews give it credit for. Anyway what does it matter weazzy? You dont have a 360 anyway.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hey i said thats just me.

Besides, i wouldnt let everyone get all excited about KOFXII and go buy it without telling them THAT got bad reviews either.

Imagine if you just went with your gut and bought that for $140.00.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: weazzyefff on February 09, 2010, 11:41:42 AM
Hey i said thats just me.

Besides, i wouldnt let everyone get all excited about KOFXII and go buy it without telling them THAT got bad reviews either.

Imagine if you just went with your gut and bought that for $140.00.

Yea bro thats all good. I generally trust reviews as well. But NGBC is a great game.

Granted, it probably appeals more to KOF fans than capcom fans (which probably had a hand in the results of the reviews) but in this particular instance, i have to disagree with reviews.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: weazzyefff on February 09, 2010, 10:57:05 AM
Nah i'm a big review believer. Especially from ign and gamespot. Eversince i was a lil kid i always checked their reviews beforehand.

cant always trust reviews weazzy. remember arkham asylum  ;D :P

Lennysaurus

Yeah tbh alot of the fighting games from around the time of this games release are a bit too complex for the non-fighting game fan.

Its actually a really fun fighter, but takes a bit to learn imo due to the charcter variations.  One thing I definitely noticed though is that it doesnt play alot like king of fighters which I found odd.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on February 09, 2010, 12:47:54 PM
Yeah tbh alot of the fighting games from around the time of this games release are a bit too complex for the non-fighting game fan.

Its actually a really fun fighter, but takes a bit to learn imo due to the charcter variations.  One thing I definitely noticed though is that it doesnt play alot like king of fighters which I found odd.

Its a lot like KOFXI in that its actually similar to a capcom fighter, but still maintains a lot of the KOF conventions.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.