• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Cloud LAN 01 - AH Pro Circuit NZ Stop 1

Started by Midnite, January 31, 2010, 11:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

The event is not limited to just what I've listed. There will be LOADS of free time for attendees to play whatever they want. As for a setup for the fighters there is a projector at the venue which will not be used the entire time, I'm probably going to bring a second projector for other stuff and if anyone here wants to being a big ass tv or a projector you are most welcome to. Getting a sweet fighting game setup is something that I would love to see and its not as formal as everything has been made out to be.

In regards to the price being steep. I know that it is up there however as said above xLan charged $85 last year which got the winners a few games. I promise a cash prize at this event and at present the formula is 80% of entry fee goes towards the prize pool. So if 20 of you guys come for SF4 thats $800 in the prize pool right there. Plus some extra cash from those competing in multiple events.

fluxcore

If a projector is to be used for these games, I must strongly advise checking that it is 0 lag, otherwise people WILL complain, and it will definitely hurt the chances of a second successful event...

I guarantee that every serious fighting game player would rather play on a small lagless screen than any large laggy screen. If there is an option, using a small screen for the players and a separate projector is great, because then the lag doesn't affect the players.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Im definitely keen. The only thing that will stop me going is if non one ends up going.

U-man you could stay out my place if you wanted its only 20 mins from my house.

fluxcore

True? How many people can you wedge in there? :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Midnite

In regards to projectors i was meaning as a secondary output. So people will play on a 19-24" monitor (2ms so as good as it gets really) and then the match screened on a projector as well for spectators and to get a better feel for things.

stereomonkey

What do you reckon if we sat up some diy mini tournaments on the side?  Could be good if allowed? :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Midnite

Definitely by all means. I want this weekend to be a success in regards to the events I've put forward with their prizes but more importantly is the attendees having a good time and enjoying the event outside of tournaments.
So long as none of the mini-comps clash with tournament rounds then you can do whatever.

[8-----D] Toots

samurai black

id be keen eh, but transport would be an issue :S

massi4h

Hmmm there's no guitar hero, but if you confirm an early copy of ssf4 I guess I'm there. $50 might be steep for me entering a comp I'm almost certain I can't win.

fluxcore

Midnite, is there any particular reason why the Tekken tourney will be run on 360? I was just thinking about posting about this event on Tekken Zaibatsu, but by far the biggest response will be something along the lines of "can't use playstation pad, not going".

I don't see Microsoft as one of your sponsors, so is there any scope for moving it to PS3?

Quote from: massi4h on February 03, 2010, 01:44:08 AM
$50 might be steep for me entering a comp I'm almost certain I can't win.

Don't like fun huh mason? Do you not remember xLan? Or is it BECAUSE you remember xLan :)

zos'la

Weazzy, Giga is in central cbd so parking is on street, I get free VIP parking since I know him pretty well :D

Well this tournament is sounding better already and I am prepared to attend, though 3days of gaming may cause my GF to bring a knife out and make my life a living hell lawl.

Fluxcore, I kinda understand how Mason feels...just too much of a gap.. unless he gets sponsored then its a different story :D

Ben, we should get some sessions at ur place sometimes :P been awhile yo :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

everyone just man up and come and fucking play, unless you have to do the mad missions like htown boyz and the soufsiderz....

i probably have the lowest chance of winning at sf4 hahaha

and plus i like what flux said about being the all time champ...*cream*
The New Generation Clockw0rk

fluxcore

Well, if you *want* to have a chance at tourneys, doesn't it make sense to enter tourneys?

If not, why bother spending time playing competitively at all?

Also, plenty of people shittier than Mason will be entering, myself included.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk