• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: propafanda on February 27, 2010, 06:53:36 PM
Good stuff so I'll meet everone next week at TZ If things go to plan for the uni setup choice Tamati. I dont think Darth has his stick yet as he mentioned in his earlier posts.Are you going to bring yours Mark? Or should we bring all three including mine and Redties? or just the two all good though.

Yeah bro I'll bring my stick, converters, maybe even those Nubytech pads. I may even bring my laptop but then we'd need another VGA cable, could play old schools on that but might wait till next time just to see the turn out and if it's worth lugging all that stuff about. Mrs might need the Laptop anyways. Sounds like a plan though.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

propafanda

If Nora needs your laptop all good anyways cos we might not have another vga cable.
Its just a trial out of the place no need to bring too many periphials yep we will see what its like.
Catch yous up on Friday Redtie and Nick around 3.30. Do heaps of work at uni for this reward  ;D

redtie

Didn't make it to uni on Saturday so will check tomorrow if the TVs are still there. I'll be bringing my stick. PS3 controllers work perfectly on my Laptop

If anyone asks, we are one of the societies on campus and if they wanna join they have to buy us a round of beer at the foundary

Awesome

**EDIT: Am writing this from uni, DID NOT see the TVs today. HOWEVER theres a book sale on in the same room and they may have temporarily moved it from the room. Will keep yous updated

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on February 28, 2010, 10:04:40 PM
Didn't make it to uni on Saturday so will check tomorrow if the TVs are still there. I'll be bringing my stick. PS3 controllers work perfectly on my Laptop

If anyone asks, we are one of the societies on campus and if they wanna join they have to buy us a round of beer at the foundary

Awesome

**EDIT: Am writing this from uni, DID NOT see the TVs today. HOWEVER theres a book sale on in the same room and they may have temporarily moved it from the room. Will keep yous updated

Sweet keep us in the loop tomorrow morning on the forums or just get Nick to txt. If it's called off at uni we could just wait to meet yous at timezone. Andrew and I will be bringing pur sticks and I'll bring my convertor and VGA cable of goodness.

Also can give you the low-down on the Timezone and Gamestation tourneys. Let's get cracking  :)

Edit: Heard from Nick no tellys so if no tvs we might catch you at Timezone: Oh now with a poster I whipped up:

redtie

Poster is reaaaaaaaaaaaal nice!

Yeah no TVs because of the book sale this week damn. Lets hope they're back next week! Writing from uni, got my stick and laptop on me will be at timezone by 3:30 if the buses are good. Seeyou's there!

Darthfoxx

Hey I'll have to settle for practicing at the arcade, I had to cancel my stick order because something else came up. Too bad the VIP free game doesn't apply to the SF4 machine! Oh well! I'll keep on mashin it none the less =) Got schooled by propa the other day in CvS2, man I'm wayy outta practice for that too lol. Kept flubbing my supers and accidentally doing shit. Did one roll cancel so was happy, but still....

Also, that air hockey game behind the fighter machines, can we get that moved do you think? Damon, if you're reading this, that air hockey table is so distracting bro. Wrecks my game and I keep leaving tz with a headache. The old air hockey used to have plastic sides, but with the metalic ting ting ting in my ears it's bloody awful. Dunno if anyone else minds it, but I can't bear it!  :'(

CptMunta

Cheers everyone for coming out today. We have Fliers and posters now Woot! :)

Damon printed some out so the SF4 machine is pimping one.

GGs Nick!
Your Gouken is beasting! Really fun tight matches. My personal favs were Sim and Cammy vs Gouken. Some awesome mixups happening. Great stuff!

GGs Andrew!
Schooled my Gouken with your Blanka but took revenge with my Bison. Nice Cvs2 battles. Your friend Carlos' Gief was hard work.

GGs Tamatai!
Nice Bison mirror was cool to see the stuff you learned applied on the CPU as we played rounds. Bison is helluva fun. Sorry to have to mission it at the end, will hook up you with that CD next time I see ya.

Fun as CVS2 matches as well. I played like shit but still had a blast. CVS2 tourney sometime? lol 3 entries!

Also TZ meetup moved to 3pm from now on.

It's just too long to wait 12:30 till 3 so we've moved the time hope it suits everyone. Just holla if it's not a good time/day and we'll change it.

Quote from: Darthfoxx on March 05, 2010, 01:18:21 PM
Hey I'll have to settle for practicing at the arcade, I had to cancel my stick order because something else came up. Too bad the VIP free game doesn't apply to the SF4 machine! Oh well! I'll keep on mashin it none the less =) Got schooled by propa the other day in CvS2, man I'm wayy outta practice for that too lol. Kept flubbing my supers and accidentally doing shit. Did one roll cancel so was happy, but still....

Also, that air hockey game behind the fighter machines, can we get that moved do you think? Damon, if you're reading this, that air hockey table is so distracting bro. Wrecks my game and I keep leaving tz with a headache. The old air hockey used to have plastic sides, but with the metalic ting ting ting in my ears it's bloody awful. Dunno if anyone else minds it, but I can't bear it!  :'(

Sucks about your stick bro. I got some PS2 6 button nubytech controllers if you want to borrow one, not the same as a stick but a step up from keys/most pads nevertheless. Shame I don't have another stick to lend you.

If you ever wanna get some arcade practice in or training mode Darth just flick us a text, always keen for challenge and sharing tricks. Be good to catch up and see what Ken/Sakura tricks you've been working on. In the meantime maybe rock your Ipod till the air hockey table is moved  ;)

Also maybe we could get some evening events happening leading up to the tourney. We meet at Timezone or someones house. That way we can get more players involved maybe and rock the training mode a bit :)

So mark April 3rd on your calenders Gents and spread the word.  8) Scott (2nd place at Mashmasters) is keen as, Jay might be joining to, Q will be overseas sadly. Also the tourney will have pad support so no excuses for padwarrior friends.

propafanda

GG's today at SFIV Mark verses your gouken and Bison matchups. GG's at CVS2 too Redtie and Mark and Darth the other day.  ;D That guile sonic hurrican combo was flash as Redtie

Next time I will try and make it to yours mark though I was out of time had other comitments at hand. Or if the uni setup happens that would be a bonus trial out one of these days.

It was also nice to catch up with my old school friend Carlo that I haven't seen in so long for a few matches with his Gief that was cool.

I really.. really.. like the flyer design Mark thats quite impressive that SFIV machiene has been officially pimped  :)

Nick4now

Quote from: CptMunta on March 05, 2010, 07:45:19 PM
Cheers everyone for coming out today. We have Fliers and posters now Woot! :)

Damon printed some out so the SF4 machine is pimping one.

GGs Nick!
Your Gouken is beasting! Really fun tight matches. My personal favs were Sim and Cammy vs Gouken. Some awesome mixups happening. Great stuff!

GGs Andrew!
Schooled my Gouken with your Blanka but took revenge with my Bison. Nice Cvs2 battles. Your friend Carlos' Gief was hard work.

GGs Tamatai!
Nice Bison mirror was cool to see the stuff you learned applied on the CPU as we played rounds. Bison is helluva fun. Sorry to have to mission it at the end, will hook up you with that CD next time I see ya.

Fun as CVS2 matches as well. I played like shit but still had a blast. CVS2 tourney sometime? lol 3 entries!

Also TZ meetup moved to 3pm from now on.

It's just too long to wait 12:30 till 3 so we've moved the time hope it suits everyone. Just holla if it's not a good time/day and we'll change it.

Sucks about your stick bro. I got some PS2 6 button nubytech controllers if you want to borrow one, not the same as a stick but a step up from keys/most pads nevertheless. Shame I don't have another stick to lend you.

If you ever wanna get some arcade practice in or training mode Darth just flick us a text, always keen for challenge and sharing tricks. Be good to catch up and see what Ken/Sakura tricks you've been working on. In the meantime maybe rock your Ipod till the air hockey table is moved  ;)

Also maybe we could get some evening events happening leading up to the tourney. We meet at Timezone or someones house. That way we can get more players involved maybe and rock the training mode a bit :)

So mark April 3rd on your calenders Gents and spread the word.  8) Scott (2nd place at Mashmasters) is keen as, Jay might be joining to, Q will be overseas sadly. Also the tourney will have pad support so no excuses for padwarrior friends.

Awesome games Marc! Definitely tight games with a lotta mixups! They were also my favourite matches and when I thought I had a gurranteed victory your Sim made a great comeback! From worrying about getting perfected to winning... You were feeding the pigs weren't you?!!  >:( lol

Shifting the time to 3pm is much better, I'm usually unavailable until the late afternoon and all this talk about CvS2 games without me be a part of it is really pissing off Rock, Terry, Yun and Gief!!  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

nomad

Quote from: Darthfoxx on March 05, 2010, 01:18:21 PM

I hear ya
You're right, it drives me crazy as well and I have to put up with it all day!
It's not just the different air hockey machine but ever since we had the refit two years ago the acoustics of the whole store have changed mainly due to the solid, hard surfaced ceiling, whereas before with the old ceiling we had soft, plaster-board tiles that really absorbed sound

The Tekken guys have made the point too so I'll see what I can do
It's just so damn big that there's not a lot of relocation options in the store

One idea I had a while ago was to move all the fighters upstairs and bringing drums/guitar down round by the pinball...a nightmare task and a move I probably wont make

Or what about moving the fighters along the side of the store opposite the drivers, next to the photo machines (you know, nearer the front)...would you guys mind that? (of course I'd relocate Guitar Hero and possibly the dance game)
It's hard to keep everyone happy with game positioning, especially the music-game players

The short story is though that wherever games go in an arcade there will always be a clash of audio and it would be especially bad upstairs where the sound is more or less confined in a small area and besides, I run the risk of the games up there being missed by casual gamers, who are very important to the business

I might make some changes on Saturday night, I won't put anything upstairs though, if moves don't work I can easily put things back but, not if things go upstairs however...when we put things up there we never want to move them again

Rant-over :P

Oh and once again, awesome job with the poster/flyers Marc, thanks

redtie

GGs Marc and Andy

Man capcom is STILL fun! Andy still got that job as a painter haha nice games bro! Shot Marc for showing me some more Bison was cool I'll start spamming short scissors from now on. Ima start practising with bird girl again.

Did you put up flyers at westfield TZ? I'll be in that area today so if they're not up I'll ask them if they could.

If the machines got moved to the front that would be cool! Cabinet would get more views so all good.

Hope next week at uni works out!

Darthfoxx

Move the latest fighters to midstore I reckon, swapping places with the photo games. That way, you don't have to shift anything upstairs, the fighter games will be right there for casual gamers coming in, and people who want to use the photo games don't care about a little noise because they're not trying hard to focus on a game and they're only there for a few minutes.  ;D

propafanda

gg's Mark and Redtie yesterday. I'm still a bit rusty with Bison's custom in the corner. But I like the challenge of it if I  manage to pull it off. CVS2 is still good to play anyday. Keen to verse you Nick next time if your in TZ.

It would be a good change if the fighter games could be moved near the middle of the store or anywhere near the front. They would get a bit more attention from the publics point of view. I'm sure you will think of something Damon.

redtie

Was in timezone today for a quickie and the relocation of the machines is awesome! Nice one Damon.
There was a bit of a crowd watching all the machines was real cool. I got to use my secret character I've been training because none of yous were around  ;D

propafanda