• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtie

WHO TOLD YOU!! Were you there yesterday bro? Sad guy didn't even challenge me

propafanda

Na na I wasn't there I just read these forums very carefully bro...Im just guessing by what I know so far who I think you have been training with all good man.

redtie

Hahah nah wasn't using Fei bro. Its my newer secret character

Hey Marc!

I put up flyers around uni for yah and went into TZ riccarton and was talking to the lady behind the counter. They have a SF4 setup now, she said its been getting busy too. So I handed her some of the flyers and asked if she could put them on the cabinet and on display around the place. She said she would have to talk to the manger about it but was really liking the idea, she asked for my email and she took just one of the flyers. I will forward the email to you if they email me bro. Sweet!

***EDIT. Just checked my email after posting that

Good Afternoon Tamate
I have spoken to our Manager here and Yes you are more than welcome to have flyers in our shop.

Many Thanks

Natasha Campbell

I guess you could go in and give them a poster and flyers
Or you could hand them to me and I could do it for yah

nomad

Oh man, I should have done this today
I met with the other TZ managers at head-office today and could/should have passed some flyers on...I'll call them tomorrow and have some sent out to Riccarton and Moorhouse
The managers there are both good guys so I think they will help out with promoting this event

CptMunta

^ HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

I gave Damon the disc but I can send her the the Jpeg to print out. Yeah man we should hit up moorhouse too if we have enough left. Or I can print out some more once I get more ink for my printer. It kinda works out for everyone if they are all playing the machines to level up for the tournament.

Good shit  :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

good to see the scene going well down south.
Hope u guys can put together a team to come up to Auckland for the upcoming events^^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

redtie

Ohhhh man yous all missed out!

There was this irish guy on the machine yesterday. Was on his OE or something. He was pretty good with Dhalsim, Akuma and Ryu. We got some good matches in. But damn, he said he leaves Friday morning so wouldn't make our usual time.

Was also a few other guys playing too that I've never seen before. Must have made the jump from tekken har har
Our scene is getting bigger.

propafanda

Damon just a question about the SFIV game. For thoughs that are a Platinum membership like me, can they still be able to get their 2x free games on that machiene even though it is a PC version? Because it doen't appear it works I'd thought I'd ask.

Im not going to be able to make this friday fellas, next week I will be there though to do some more practice and leveling up before the tourney.

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on March 11, 2010, 09:59:02 AM
Ohhhh man yous all missed out!

There was this irish guy on the machine yesterday. Was on his OE or something. He was pretty good with Dhalsim, Akuma and Ryu. We got some good matches in. But damn, he said he leaves Friday morning so wouldn't make our usual time.

Was also a few other guys playing too that I've never seen before. Must have made the jump from tekken har har
Our scene is getting bigger.

That's cool man :) maybe the lure of prizes converted them ;)

Quote from: propafanda on March 11, 2010, 09:30:45 PM
Damon just a question about the SFIV game. For thoughs that are a Platinum membership like me, can they still be able to get their 2x free games on that machiene even though it is a PC version? Because it doen't appear it works I'd thought I'd ask.

Im not going to be able to make this friday fellas, next week I will be there though to do some more practice and leveling up before the tourney.

Bummer bro, nevermind we'll catch up next time. Hope your'e getting plenty of Blanka practice in.

Hanging out for tomorrow been another busy week with hardly any time to play SF4. We are buying a house, lots of work on and my bands got it's first gig in ages on Saturday night:

You guys are training hard, Scott is too, he's playing Q every night and also playing the CPU to learn more about playing non shotos for a change  ;)  it'll be cool to see a NZism dude take the title not some random dude. Glad everyone's putting in the effort, gonna be some tense matches have to get you guys to film some of them shaky cam styles :)

Wanna start to get the Super Tourney sorted too even though it's quite a while away.

propafanda

Quote from: CptMunta on March 11, 2010, 11:19:39 PM
That's cool man :) maybe the lure of prizes converted them ;)

Bummer bro, nevermind we'll catch up next time. Hope your'e getting plenty of Blanka practice in.

Hanging out for tomorrow been another busy week with hardly any time to play SF4. We are buying a house, lots of work on and my bands got it's first gig in ages on Saturday night:

You guys are training hard, Scott is too, he's playing Q every night and also playing the CPU to learn more about playing non shotos for a change  ;)  it'll be cool to see a NZism dude take the title not some random dude. Glad everyone's putting in the effort, gonna be some tense matches have to get you guys to film some of them shaky cam styles :)

Wanna start to get the Super Tourney sorted too even though it's quite a while away.

Yeah got other commitments though I have to put some more time at TZ since thats the only place I can conviently practice at.
Cool to hear scott is training hard against Q. Is that his ryu hes using? Also good that your band is playing again.
It would be cool to go listen I will see..

CptMunta

Goodtimes today :)

Great turn out! good to catch with you guys and to meet Loomie and Victor as well as that Tekken player who's name I never caught.

Sorry we didn't stick around Damon. Left at about 4:40 or so. Will catch you up in the week and we'll suss some more fliers and setting up vs mode on the cab. Loving the new layout, really makes the place looked packed :) Sadly game STILL dropping inputs. I might need to make people aware that this happens randomly before the tourney even starts, play at your own risk styles. Should be sweet as. If the cab has a total meltdown we can finish on Tamati's laptop  ;)

Everyone is getting way better. My Honda/Cammy is getting power owned and everyones character choices are going to make for an interesting event. :)

The games at my place were fun too shame I was a bit tied up so couldn't get as many games in. Nevermind all good :D

Darthfox was MIA. Hopefully we can catch up with you before the tourney, see how you're coming along, maybe you can get some CVS2 revenge on the guys, you'd probably own me for free, I think you did last time from what I remember.

Gamestation is Keen as for the Super Tourney. Just gotta get a solid time. Will be making up fliers etc for it to hand out at the Timezone event. Also will be doing pavement art outside the venue:
Here's the draft:

Make sure you get your Consoles and copies of SSF4 from Gamestation. Might be able to even swing a pretty sweet deal for people that come to the tourney.

Heading off to Germany in July so we'll have to have an event before then too maybe to tide me over. Maybe King of Capcom? A point based 3rd Strike, CVS2, SF2 HF, HD Remix tourney. Single elim invite only, the winner is the one with the most points across all the games. Maybe $8 entry, winner walks away with all the cash  ;D

EDIT 4 Loomie Just got your txt loomie! lol at 10:20 at night. Bummer man Redtie and nick were still keen next time bro

propafanda

GG's today at Marks nice practice session it was with other characters to verse

I played this guy today after nick had droped me off in town. I only versed him once and he bet my blanka with his ryu. He was quite good I will challenge him again for sure..

redtie

Fuck, ITS COLD!

GGs to everyone! Our scene is definately getting bigger!

;D

Nice meeting yah today loomie, you'll level up real quick playing with us so keep coming down to TZ on Fridays.
Man I was still hungry to play some more after we left Marcs haha. Next week who knows might even have some more players down there. Every player I play and haven't seen before I'll make sure to point them to this site. Seeyahs next Friday.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Kind of off topic but munta that pavement akuma looks fucking incredible.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 13, 2010, 01:02:20 PM
Kind of off topic but munta that pavement akuma looks fucking incredible.

Cheers bro :) I hope you realize that the draft I sketched up and put over a photo of the location and coloured it in photoshop. It should come out looking similar if I can get the 3D right like on my Ryu effort. Gonna be fun as to draw though.