• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CptMunta on March 14, 2010, 02:19:25 AM
Cheers bro :) I hope you realize that the draft I sketched up and put over a photo of the location and coloured it in photoshop. It should come out looking similar if I can get the 3D right like on my Ryu effort. Gonna be fun as to draw though.

Lol yea, what i should've said was, 'That pavement Akuma is going to look fucking incredible'
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

^Cheers Bill :)

SF4 Controls locking up.

Most people who have touched the SF4 machine at timezone have noticed that every now and then the controls will all of a sudden midmatch either:

1) No input, both characters
Both characters stay in idle stance for a second or so then play resumes normally.

2) Freeze on last input, One or both characters
Character/s stay ducking/walking forward etc.

So with the tourney coming up what do we do?

Hopefully timezone find the root of the problem. (I'd suggest testing the USB slots with other controllers, that way you just gut two check Sticks that use quick disconnects and use their PCBs and wiring)

Otherwise how about these rules?

If the controls noticeably freeze for both players.

Both players wait for a second, test the controls and when both are ready and agree to continue the match. Like we are doing now basically.

Controls noticeably freeze for one player.

The players who's controls freeze must call it out. Other player most stop attacking till he regains control. Players taking advantage (Throwing out an, Ultra, Command throw, High damage move) will automatically loose the round. (Judge's call). Also judge will decide whether complaint is legit (Test stick quickly, notice that an obvious block was missed etc...). Players that cry wolf may need to rematch on backup setup or will automatically throw the round.

WTF moments.
If any other tech malfunction happens that can't be settled Judge may decide to have a rematch on the backup setup. (Laptop) Only catch is judges must vote whether it's worth doing. Might be a good idea if the controls freeze just before the time ends on low health.

We do need to run the majority of this tourney on the TZ hardware so if it's not fixed by then or breaks I think this rule set will help. If there are problems with the machine before the tourney I'll make sure everyone entering knows these rules. And will print them out. What do ya reckon gentlemen?

Oh and while I'm here. Here's the main image I want to use for the fliers to the Super tourney. This is just a mock up if it was an Ad:

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

redtie

Agreed.

We need a rule about personal hygene too.

Today I went in for a quickie and half way through the first round some fat kid went onto the tekken machine. I could smell him from the SF4 cabinet. It was horrible the kid smelled like he had rolled in every pile of dog shit he saw that day plus all the vomit puddles from town on saturday night. You could not escape that smell and every time he moved you caught a huge whiff of it. I use to imagine what that armpit odour of that monster off 'Ahhhh real monsters' would smell like and Im guessing it would smell pretty similar to that fat kids stench. I even started saying shit like "Ewww what the fuck is that smell?, YOU STINK! and Go home and shower" loud enough for him to hear it.

I ended up getting up off the machine and leaving. This gotta be the only time ever that I wouldn't want a tekken player to make the jump to our cabinet.

propafanda

I agree also with those rules of play with that machiene good for pointing it out Mark.

haha sorry to hear that redtie. Those are the worst kind of scrubs. They are called mash odour tub scrubs lol

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Sif have all the new SSF4 characters and leave Hakan out.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

propafanda

Went into Timezone yesterday to have a couple of games of SFIV and asked Damon if CVS2 is going to be fixed any time soon.
Well got some bad news, that games motherboard is stuffed and burnt out for good now, so its never going to be back up and running. Instead they are going to replace it with another streetfighter game. Man thats such a shame.
I also signed up first on the list for the tournement on the 3rd. Theres this asian guy thats also signing up for the tourney a new comer that I've played a few times which is good, the more the better

Darthfoxx

Hey guys, sorry I've been out of touch, been getting a few random games in at tz though, had one today and talked to Damon about the gayfest that is CvS2 dying...
My Ken's been coming along, haven't had time to learn Fei but Ken's getting better, whipped out a DP > FADC > EX DP today, and a j.HK > c.HK combod into level 3 FA as he got up, into Ultra. Also did j.MK crossed into MP > HP > super. Learning to love the sf4 Ken eh. I'll try to make mashies this friday at 3.30

redtie

Hmmm I wonder what they're gonna replace it with. I'd vote for 3S or Marvel

CptMunta

Quote from: propafanda on March 18, 2010, 11:03:49 AM
Went into Timezone yesterday to have a couple of games of SFIV and asked Damon if CVS2 is going to be fixed any time soon.
Well got some bad news, that games motherboard is stuffed and burnt out for good now, so its never going to be back up and running. Instead they are going to replace it with another streetfighter game. Man thats such a shame.
I also signed up first on the list for the tournement on the 3rd. Theres this asian guy thats also signing up for the tourney a new comer that I've played a few times which is good, the more the better

Awesome bro! Shame about CVS2, they should replace it with 3rd Strike, that game is pretty! If they can't find another CVS2 board  :( God imagine if they replaced it with SF EX or something, that game will look like Lego-molesting next to SF4.

Quote from: Darthfoxx on March 18, 2010, 01:18:26 PM
Hey guys, sorry I've been out of touch, been getting a few random games in at tz though, had one today and talked to Damon about the gayfest that is CvS2 dying...
My Ken's been coming along, haven't had time to learn Fei but Ken's getting better, whipped out a DP > FADC > EX DP today, and a j.HK > c.HK combod into level 3 FA as he got up, into Ultra. Also did j.MK crossed into MP > HP > super. Learning to love the sf4 Ken eh. I'll try to make mashies this friday at 3.30

I'd be good to catch up bro. Got a few more recruits now, It's going to be an awesome comp :) Everyones leveling up but me :( Don't have time. Moving and SF pimping takes alot of time ;)

Also good news on the Super SF4 tourney front:

Here's the announcement!

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1068.msg32254.html#msg32254

Also get $10 off your Copy of Super if you enter the tourney! Time to console up people!  ;D Send all your friends to get their copies there if you can. Then stay at their houses till you can afford consoles of your own. Pre-order and get Hype!

propafanda

Quote from: CptMunta on March 18, 2010, 01:23:24 PM
Awesome bro! Shame about CVS2, they should replace it with 3rd Strike, that game is pretty! If they can't find another CVS2 board  :( God imagine if they replaced it with SF EX or something, that game will look like Lego-molesting next to SF4.

Cheers for the announcement Mark about Super sweet as man
They replaced CVS2 with Virtual Fighter that wont make much profit at all, Yeah Damon would like to replace it with some kind of streetfighter game in the future I hope its going to be a good one  :)

Nick4now

CvS2 died? man thats really sad to hear.  :'( Oh well, heres hoping for 3s, Super turbo (If only HD Remix got an Arcade release  :-[) or even hyper fighting to be the replacement!

Anyways, see you challengers tomorrow!  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

GGs today gents.  :D

Loomie,
Your stick skills are improving fast. Your FADC antics and stuff were cool to watch. Good stuff man.

Propafanda,
Fun matches man. Fun Blanka mirror and Sagat vs Blanka too.

Redtie,
Man you've improved, your Rog was pretty good with only a few wholes here and there. Man your Ryu though, that 3-4 game win streak on my Rose hurt!  :'( Good shit man. I'm going to have to try and squeeze some time into leveling up. Looking back I did some pretty stupid stuff all you needed to do was zone till I fucked up and punish. I gotta tighten up my gameplan if I'm going to have a chance at the tourney. Good wake up call for me.  ;)

propafanda

Yup GG's today fellas I had to go in the end Nick until next time.

Redtie nice boxer and ryu today youre got it down with those two and leveled the hell out of those matches.
I got work to do haha