• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtie

GGs to the Captain, propa and loomie

Oh man that winning streak was unreal. I don't think you were on game really. I think the last match was probably the most realest that was intense! Im only good cause of all these Friday sessions we've been doing, been really good learning stuff from everyone. I will put some more time into boxer, he's very fun to use. Need to look up some cool shenaningans with him. Im all about the shenanigans

;D

Andy GGs man your Sagat is getting good! And Blanka too! Man was cool learning that you play volleyball bro haha you must have the mad hops being an inside hitter!

Loomie you getting that stick down pretty fast! Man I didn't expect you to be there today was cool that you did!

Overall GGs look forward to next week. Haha Nick came in and ended my win steak today then my girlf came and told me off so I had to leave.

Darthfoxx

Sucky I couldn't come, ended up getting this flu-like virus that among other things it made me tired and weak for 2 or 3 days. Only just got better today. Next week, mashies for sure. I'll get some sessions in before then if Damon doesn't send the sick old bird away again. Hope tz gets Super sf4, I asked Damon and he basically said it's a 50/50 chance fingers crossed, but moneys tight

CptMunta

Quote from: Darthfoxx on March 20, 2010, 06:29:16 PM
Sucky I couldn't come, ended up getting this flu-like virus that among other things it made me tired and weak for 2 or 3 days. Only just got better today. Next week, mashies for sure. I'll get some sessions in before then if Damon doesn't send the sick old bird away again. Hope tz gets Super sf4, I asked Damon and he basically said it's a 50/50 chance fingers crossed, but moneys tight

50/50 for Super? That would be awesome if it got a PC release, arcade release or a pimped out X360 cab. We should all invest in the console version, if not,  I'll have to put more jams on at my place. Too many awesome new characters adding to the roster for people to not pick it up.

A Street Fighter III 3rd strike cab would be awesome at timezone. Christchurch never gave that game the love it deserved.

If CvS2 does rise from the grave, imagine playing it with Sanwa sticks and buttons. That would be cool.  8)

Street Fighter IV CHCH tourney only 2 weeks away! Drag along everyone that has even a remote interest in the game. Trying to rangle some Easter/SF themed spot prizes, nothing mindblowing  but something fun at least :)  :-X
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

propafanda

Much appreciated Nomad for the games today with the swiper cards.  As I was in the city I decided to put a little training in. Instead had a couple of casual wins with new players. They were ken and akuma players verse guile I chose at the time.
They know about the tournements and probably will attend  ;D

CptMunta

Weekly meet up tomorrow. Goodtimes!

It'll be good practice as I've spent most of my time with God Of War 3 this week. Be good to see you all there from 3 onwards. We won't be migrating to mine unless the machine is busted. Will keep you all posted via txt if we do.

Also Redtie have to catch up and do some SF4 Laptop stuff before the tourney.
Go through the roster, check they have their proper models/colours etc...
Hook u up with the tournament software we're using.
Check the setup with PS3(PS2 if we have to) and Both our arcade sticks (In case the arcade cab has a meltdown)
Test my monitor on your setup so things go smoothly on the day.

See you guys tomorrow  :) (We need a thumbs up smiley)

CoffinDrop1

Hey Munta and crew awesome to see the scene building down in Chch! Just wanted to point that out I remember how you used to say that there was no one else to play locally but now its a different story. Big ups to you for holding it down and bringing all the enthusiasts together man! ;D

redtie

@ Cptmunta

Yup for sure! Im free all day before 6pm on Thursday every week. Ive put most chars back to normal except bison cause it was a straight overwrite on that mod haha so got to look for the original skin online. I won't bring my stick in today as were not having games after TZ but if we do head back we could just stop in and I could grab it if need be. Nick wont make it hes leaving for AKL for the weekend. See yahs all at 3!

Darthfoxx

I got a few wins yesterday, still leveling up my Ken. Also funny stuff: back in the day I played tekken with some fuckin amazing players, really top notch, I competed with them. Now that Kenyo, Neal and Glenn (like the 3 best tekken players in chch) moved on, there's only scrubs there. After like 2 years of not playing Tekken I challenged with my Paul. Got smashed the first 2 rounds, then won every round and match after that :P Was funny to have a local sf4 player kick the tekken guys off their own game.

Won't be at mashup today though, I've got my diploma graduation today so ggs, maybe next time. Seems to be my motto lately...

propafanda

I'll be there later today probably 4.30 for a couple of games. Going to be on the road back from Rakaia with the old man then stuff at home to do all good if yous are gone by then.

CptMunta

GGs Redtie,

Cool matches loved the Dan matches, Honda matches, Sagat matches, goodtimes. Reminded me how much fun this game is.

GGs Kim/Tim

Sorry can't remember if your name was Kim or Tim.  :-[ Anyways ggs. Mean MK tattoo man. That's 2D dedication. Be cool to see your Ken at the tourney. Sorry I didn't have that much time to talk once the Redtie and the other guys showed up. Good to meet another Linwood old schooler. Mind the wake up Ultra's Specials and remember to tech your throws with the two weak buttons.

One week till Christchurch's first Street Fighter tournament in at least 10 years. Bring everyone you can along, spectators, girlfriends, wives, family, cheerleaders all welcome!  ;) More hype we make it, the bigger the community, the more likely Timezone would be to pick up future Street Fighter releases.

I won't be at mashup next week since it's Good Friday and have family stuff happening. But organizing a small get together at my place to test PC software setup etc.

It'll be 8:30pm at my place on Thursday. Will also bust out the old emus, 3rd Strike, CvS2 maybe see how we go for time. So I'll PM/text you guys make sure you bring your pads/sticks.

Also thinking of moving mashups post tournament to 8pm Friday at Timezone. Thought it might suit us a bit better for peeps with work, kids, daytime commitments. Then we can move it to my bros or mine afterwards if need be. Also a good platform for people heading into town for the night.

What are your thoughts guys? Better time or worse?

redtie

GGs to the captain. Those matches were too funny that Dan one was awesome! I demand you use more honda because I have no idea how he plays in sf4. Damn you are good with him I think. haha.

8pm would be pretty sweet! we could all go grab a beer after or something who knows. Next Thursday should be good! One week till tournament...

GET HYPE!!

Darthfoxx

I'm ok with 8pm, the chances that I won't be able to make it to that session can't be any greater than the chance of me missing the 3.30 lol. I've missed the last 4. So yeah I'm cool with it =)

propafanda

8 sounds good not long now before the tourney. And it broke down again since yesterday. I went in today and its not operating dam. I hope there wasn't too much mashing on that fridays mashup.

CptMunta

Quote from: propafanda on March 28, 2010, 03:17:42 PM
8 sounds good not long now before the tourney. And it broke down again since yesterday. I went in today and its not operating dam. I hope there wasn't too much mashing on that fridays mashup.

There was a bit of mashing not pointing fingers. I think alot of the casual players have to go a bit more gentle on the machine. There's basically a Desktop PC shaking around in there. I'll probably mention something before the tourney. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the root to alot of the issues with it breaking down.

If it does break down the rest of the brackets will be on Laptop through an HD monitor. Bring your sticks please gents just in case.

CptMunta