• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: Darthfoxx on April 05, 2010, 03:54:11 PM
I'll be in tz tomorrow around 10.30am if anyone's down. Reply to this in the tz mashup thread otherwise we'll be taking over the tourney thread with non-tourney posts.

Sweet as bro will flick you a txt if I'm heading in. Might be looking after my daughter though.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

redtie

Darthfoxx

CptMunta

Got the all clear from wife  8)

Going in to get blood test, buy chalks and play street fighter, probably be in there 10 - 11:30 or so. Gonna religiously rock the Rose tomorrow, I need to learn and be punished for my mistakes   ;D

And in other news, first vid up Finals of Redtie vs Nick4Now.

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1101.msg33376.html#msg33376

propafanda

Cheers Marc for all your efforts and hard work with arranging the tourney. And Damon for the cool prizes and drinks.
Congrats to everyone that attended you all played well. Next time we could see you at the SSFIV Darth if you can make it.
It was good to have something to munch on after the tourney with everyone too.
No worries Nick you still came 2nd. And for me I should of stuck with Blanka verse your gouken not Sagat for that match.
Congrats again to everyone good games. :)

CptMunta

Good games the other day at Timezone Darth. Cool to see your Ken coming along. I pretty much stuck with Rose most of the time but then our Ken mirrors were goodtimes. That 1 hit tag from the Ultra was classic. Really hope you get the chance to play at the Super Tourney. Ken got some awesome buffs so it would be awesome to see the antics in full swing:

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=227035&p=8618074&viewfull=1#post8618074

That cab is so weird. 5 - 6 freezes in our first game. Then a couple after the reset then sweet as after that. At the tourney it froze once! Interesting to hear the Joysticks have their own power-supply and go through another board that is used possibly for copy protection. So Ironic.  ::)

GGs to the CHCH champs Redtie and Nick4Now, was a bit bummed out that I couldn't stay longer, but epic matches as always. Rufus vs Sim was awesome then Guile vs Rose was goodtimes. Did we have one more after that I forget.

Hope you guys still have some games on Friday and that the new blood come down for casuals. I'll be there definitely at the new time of 8pm next week though. Maybe even find you guys on GGPO if my new house's internet connection hooks up easily. ADSL 2+ here I come.  ;D

Oh yeah word on the Street for an arcade version of Super SF4, more peeps need to pour cash into the current SF4 machine. It's highly unlikely they can get SSF4 if it's the current 2 cab setup. If it was one cab and therefore cheaper, they might consider it. Currently SF4 doesn't make enough to justify importing 2 boards for the game. :'(

I made this thread on Capcom Unity but go no replies:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/23086421/SSFIV_Arcade_Release_2_Players_on_one_Board._Will_it_be_considered

It got buried under more important thread like:
Japanese names option in SSFIV please!  ::)

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

nice munta .
though theyve said the arcade is a japanese release only , they arent bringing cabs to the states so any ssf4 boards will have to be imported jap versions meaning one board per cabinet .
gay but at least there will be an arcade version out there
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

redtie

Oh yeah that sucked that you couldn't stay longer. We pretty much left after you did. Hah Guile got buffs cool now I can main him again properly. I'll def pop in on Friday see if anyone else from the tourney shows up. Hop on ggpo marc man its been full of all of the crew last couple of nights!

Darthfoxx

Yeah I was only in for an hour or so, my wife had my eftpos card and I had to head home to take care of baby. Told my wife about ssf4 tourney, will be a go.

Nick4now

GGS Marc even though we barely played lol but yeah we had one more match which was Rufus vs Rose  ;D Sucks that you didn't stick around Darth I was hoping to give you another game with Gouken but hopefully I see you at the mashup?

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

redtie

Anyone going in today? I'll probably be in might go abit earlier then 8pm though

propafanda

went in last night for some games but know one showed up. Had some matches with one of the guys that entered the tourney. Good games. 

Nick4now

Quote from: propafanda on April 10, 2010, 03:09:44 PM
went in last night for some games but know one showed up. Had some matches with one of the guys that entered the tourney. Good games.

Sorry man I was planning on coming but I was kidnapped and forced to go to dinner that lasted too long  :-[

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

I'll definitely be there this week, will send out txts as well to catch anyone who doesn't use the forums. I'll probably be a bit rinsed though since I'm drawing some Akuma 3D pavement art outside gamestation to help promote the tourney that day. Be keen to get some longer sets in vs you guys.

Might cruz to mine afterwards and play some 3S and whatever else we can find :) Maybe rock some old school Mortal Kombat 2 again, or even some killer instinct. Be cool to finally see how you are supposed to play that game.

Hope to see you guys there :)

redtie