• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

It's 5:18am in Berlin and I'm up with a baby that's not sleeping. Thought I'd touch base :) so who's going to nationals? Just Nick4Now? Or is Loomie doing the mish too. Looking forward to seeing how it's going.

Decided to check out the local sf scene in each city/country I go to and make a small doco/travel log of what each scene is like. So far been at mashups in Hamburg and Berlin. They have the best 3S, ST and CvS2 players in the country there. They are all about the old school. Some good players of Super sf4 in both citys though.

Off to Amsterdam next to enter their big ND3 tournament. 80 man Super SF4 tournament. Also has Super Turbo sife tourney as well. Should be fun with little to no practice lol :)

Then to London 2 weeks after Super Vs Battle to cover their scene which is apparently pretty huge at the moment. Going to "Winner stays on" their weekly tournament hopefully might get to get schooled by Ryan Hart, goodtimes.

Then Japan. Don't know anybody there. Need to know the best arcades to go to in Akihabara and Tokyo in general. I wanna meet up with some locals for offline console battles but it's unlikely to happen, especially since I'm guessing it's online, arcade or tournaments and nothing in-between.

Cool to hear mashups have been happening. Be cool to catch up with you all when I get back. And I'll start planning the next event :D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

I dunno if anyone is coming wtih me but I was hoping someone would  :( lol

But anyways I hope the trip is going well, you gotta let us know how the scene is at all the places your visiting. It'll be an interesting read  :) Good luck for the tourney bro!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Skullator

Nice bro, sounds like you are ripping it up like a true world warrior!
Would be awesome if you could find some people to play with in Japan too.

Keep us posted!

Loomie

Too much on for me this weekend so can't go :( hope both of your guys tournys go well! good luck!!

Rorooze

Quote from: CptMunta on August 16, 2010, 03:30:58 PM
Then Japan. Don't know anybody there. Need to know the best arcades to go to in Akihabara and Tokyo in general. I wanna meet up with some locals for offline console battles but it's unlikely to happen, especially since I'm guessing it's online, arcade or tournaments and nothing in-between.

You need to go to BIG BOX in Shinjuku. From memory, you need to get on the Yamanote line and get off at Takanobaba and BIG BOX is right outside (blue building, you can't miss it). Go to the Taito game station. All the beasts play there. I think you can also catch the light blue subway line as well but I can't remember what it is called.

chained

Anybody keen for a few games tonight? My place? 9ish?
Txt 0210456298 to confirm plz

Rafifty

Damn didnt see the message in time.

Still got 3 stupid exams left havent played street fighter in ages  :'(
Steam ID: rafifty123

Nick4now

Shot Horst for hosting again! GGs to everyone.

Loomie's Ken is a fricken beast!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Filter

I will be in CHCH on friday night. First time in the south island. It'd be great to have a few games when I'm there.
are you guys still having regular meet ups? is it at the arcade?

Filter

Oh also, does anybody have any idea if there is anything that goes on in Queenstown SF4-wise?

Loomie

Cheers Horst for hosting once again, was fun :D GGs everyone!
Not many meetups anymore at the arcade as far as I know Filter, and I don't know about Queenstown either so can't help you there sorry =\

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Hope you guys are all good following the quake. Are your TE's ok?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Yeah guys, hope everyone down there and their families are okay.

Report in Christchurchers!! 

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

Yeah power is out in Christchurch at the moment. Most of the damage was to old masonry structures that hasn't been retrofitted for seismic design standards, I don't imagine there will be any damage to anyone in a timber framed house as long as they don't have a really heavy tile roof or a brick chimney.

Apparently there is damage to the hospital, thats a pretty bad look for whoever is in charge of that.