• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

I heard about it from a txt from a friend when I was in London having dinner. I freaked a bit. Yahheee for internet for telling me no one got hurt too bad.

The travel log is going well. Only one more destination: JAPAN!

Hoping to meet up with Scott Popular and the Japanese Final Round peeps.

I did pretty well in the Dutch SSF4 tourney. over 100 players :) Fought my way out of pools and got knocked into losers after going toe to toe 1-2 with one of the best Ryu in the country. bet a few dudes only to go up against I Bison which placed third last time. Lots of Bisons over there. also a 50/50 split between pad and stick. Oh and a sick Abel took out the Tourney, yes U2 again  ;)

I also entered a tourney in london. Only 2 people out of 6 or 7 groups of 7-8 man pools making it out to the actual tourney. Did okay was buggered so didn't do my best. I usually destroyed them first set then close second, then they destroyed me back  ;D They download antics fast over there. Got some nice interviews. Interviewed a capcom europe programmer. Really nice guy had heaps of chats that we couldn't get on tape since it would put him in the shit. Also Ryan Hart was there. Really nice guy. Everyone was interested in the NZ scene. People all over Europe have heard legends of how great our 3S players are BTW. They bring it up quite often, go kiwi  ;D Also Bill a fellow fuerte player in UK now knows the legend of Birry Wong!

Hopefully will have a preview up soon. Would love to grab some interviews and footage of our scene and NZ in general when I get back, hopefully at a mashup. Maybe I'll Skype lenny or flux for some yarns as well.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

lol, awesome stuff marc :)

Hope all your chch friends + assets are ok!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

Shot Marc! Sounds like it was an awesome experience  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

moose!

CptMunta

Quote from: moose! on September 11, 2010, 12:58:00 PM
Was Ryan Hart playing T.Hawk??  8)

Indeed he was. Neutral jumping HK comboed into standing HK does stupid good damage. He did really well but got peaced out near the finals.  I hear this week he did well but switched it to Sagat/Ryu to take the final.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Rafifty

Man what a crazy month, anyone elses uni mid terms get cancelled? what a big ass waste of time studying lol now ive lost my fadc muscles  :'(
Steam ID: rafifty123

redtie

We've had 4 weeks holiday. Man I think I'm gunna start getting back into studying on Saturday hah. I bought another 40inch a couple of days ago for the hell of it. I got some people coming round for drinks and games on Friday, you's keen?

zos'la

I really hope u guys are all well and safe, after what has happened in chch it really sad to see that things like ur gatherings and studies/ work are cancelled.

All in all, I wish you guys can recover from teh damage and get back to your normal lives again.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

redtie

Quote from: zosla on September 16, 2010, 03:15:48 PM
I really hope u guys are all well and safe, after what has happened in chch it really sad to see that things like ur gatherings and studies/ work are cancelled.

All in all, I wish you guys can recover from teh damage and get back to your normal lives again.

Chur bro for the well wishes!

Nick4now

Are you guys still drinking tonight at your place?

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

redtie

Man I just woke up haha, Nah had to cancel cause realised I had some tests coming up. Studying now

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

chained

Hey guys. How we all doing? Itching for a mashup aye.. I can't do Fridays though, flatmates got work real early. How's Saturday night or Sunday for u guys? (oh no breaking tradition!) and uni-goers, hit me' up if u feel like a coupla games while ur on campus. You know how close i live XD!! 0210456298

propafanda

Hey fellas long time no see or hear as everyone has to catch up with studying for exams and all. I cant make fridays either I have work then but Sundays sound good chained if anyone else is keen. I will flick you a txt Horst if I can make it or if things change. pease.