• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocobuny

Oh what you guys go to Columbo st TZ? I thought this was the one across from ricc mall : <

redtie

I don't think ricc will be getting it seeing as the cabs cost so much..?

Might pop in tomorrow while the cars getting its WOF done

Nick4now

Quote from: Ridethelightning on December 27, 2010, 10:11:38 PM
Yeah man, but it's gonna cost you $5 haha  :D Kinda steep I know.

As long as you've registered at Colombo St. TZ then we can pull up your card details ;).

I guess I should stop losing them then haha But damn I remembered that my name was spelt wrong last time due to my ugly ass handwiting. I swear that it was better when I was back in primary school  :D

Quote from: Chocobuny on December 27, 2010, 11:40:53 PM
Oh what you guys go to Columbo st TZ? I thought this was the one across from ricc mall : <

Nah I doubt they even have AE tbh but I could be wrong though. Just seems empty most of the time lol

Oh yeah, I played against Cpu Cammy and Cannon Spike is really easy to punish  :P I don't think it needed the nerf though as it was punishable enough.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Chocobuny

Quote from: Nick4now on December 28, 2010, 12:55:16 AM

Oh yeah, I played against Cpu Cammy and Cannon Spike is really easy to punish  :P I don't think it needed the nerf though as it was punishable enough.

Yeah James Chen has been ranting on SRK about how awful she is. Dunno what I'm going to do now lol.

Nick4now

I don't think the Cannon Spike nerf is all that bad. When it's blocked/whiffed you're gonna get punished anyway lol As for the Cannon Strike nerf... Yeah I can see Cammy players being not too happy about this (and it's totally understandable imo). I just wonder how low you can do it now. Might have to test it out sometime  :D

Chocobuny

Quote from: Nick4now on December 28, 2010, 10:41:35 PM
I don't think the Cannon Spike nerf is all that bad. When it's blocked/whiffed you're gonna get punished anyway lol As for the Cannon Strike nerf... Yeah I can see Cammy players being not too happy about this (and it's totally understandable imo). I just wonder how low you can do it now. Might have to test it out sometime  :D

It didn't get increased blockstun so its pretty worthless. Apparently its pretty easy to reaction ultra to it now so yeah. Cannon Strike nerf, I never was worried about since yeah when you fail that its generally a free punish. Its kind of stupid though since its probably the most easily punished DP and yet it got nerfed even more.

From what I've seen her new combos are pretty lack luster, they are interesting but the Spiral Arrow changes make it so she goes under characters most of the time unless she does short Spiral Arrow, which is retarded.

I have no idea what character I'll go to when this comes out. Maybe Yun or Yang but I'm tempted to learn C Viper since her style is kind of similar to Cammys except a lot more technical.

Lennysaurus

The problem with Cammy in super, was that once in she could TK Cannon Strike over and over and over again for basically little or no risk.  Then hit confirm into damage, rinse and repeat.

I think that the intention in AE was to stop this sort of rinse and repeat, low risk, pressure (hence the Bison scissor kick change).

Played a bit of Guy and Ibuki the other night.  Certainly noticed the changes with Guy.  His mid game is a lot better with the changes to st.strong and st.forward.  3 frame cr.short is so nice also.  Biggest change is the fucking Target combo buff.  I feel like I can do alot of pressure now, and can make 2 smart guesses and have my opponent near the corner.

Ibuki just feels the same.  Didn't notice the damage changes at all TBH.  Jump back kunai change is fine.  I certainly didn't consider it as a nerf.  Just different.  Her links from cr.jab into st.forward, and her links from short spinkicks and target combo into jab seemed pretty easy and I was hitting them very consistently.  But that could just be more to do with the fact that I am fucking awesome.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Chocobuny

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 29, 2010, 12:39:14 AM
The problem with Cammy in super, was that once in she could TK Cannon Strike over and over and over again for basically little or no risk.  Then hit confirm into damage, rinse and repeat.

I think that the intention in AE was to stop this sort of rinse and repeat, low risk, pressure (hence the Bison scissor kick change).

Ive heard this as well, and yet Rufus's Dive kick pressure wasn't changed, and the two characters they added both have dive kicks similar to Rufus. I've also heard it was to stop TKCS meter building (rofl) and yet Yun and Yang can both get meter from full screen with the palm move.

Just I dunno, it would have been nice if they had been consistent. Cammy was trash in vanilla until people realized her TKCS made up for a lot of problems she had, now we have all these new combos once were in, but no real way to get in and stay in. No decent overhead (lol neutral jump short) and terrible throw range lets people literally down back to victory as long as they look for throw setups. With cannon strikes we had some way of creating pressure via small amounts of chip and baiting throws. I really don't see cammy viable without it, like no she isn't the absolute worst character but this is such a depressing downgrade that has just made her a really bland character.

/rant

CptMunta

Quote from: Chocobuny on December 29, 2010, 12:20:49 AM
I have no idea what character I'll go to when this comes out. Maybe Yun or Yang but I'm tempted to learn C Viper since her style is kind of similar to Cammys except a lot more technical.

What do mean when it comes out? It's at timezone Colombo right now!  :P ;)

But seriously you should just go down test shit out in the games beginner mode (3 games vs VERY easy CPU before you cab accepts fight requests) and see for yourself.

I reckon it's tough accepting nerfs especially when we know our characters weaknesses too and not getting something buffed somewhere else make up for the loss. Rose's U2 nerf seemed bad to me on paper but in the final build it's not too bad. Haven't tryed Cammy and I'm not good enough with her to form an opinion I reckon ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

How long is everyone planning to play at TZ? I'll probably be turning up late. If noones around I might just pop in anyways to practice some Yun in 1 player arcade mode and buy myself a new gold card  ;D

redtie

CptMunta

Yip at Timezone :) I'll  be there round 8ish. Also don't forget about beginner mode for people wanting to find their feet before diving into VS games.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Ridethelightning

Ahhh not TZ  :( haha.

I might come tonight, will see. It kinda sucks there's only one cab.

redtie

Wahhhhh how come theres only one cab???? so you can only play one player??

Ridethelightning

No there's two, but it's really only one split into two.

If you know what I mean  ;D