• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtie

Shit bro Rafifty man I just woke up was at my mum and dads. Sorry bro!

Oh yeah! It was good to meet you Chocobuny!  ;D

Rafifty

lol algud, i missed the registration anyway got there like 715, they were a couple rounds in, it was drawn doubles tourney half were like real pro and the other half looked about the shitty same as me. Supposedly theres another tournament next friday at northlands i think
Steam ID: rafifty123

redtie

Sweet thats us. I heard thats the scrub capital of tekken.

Ridethelightning

Kim seems to think Auckland has E.Ryu and Oni only I have heard nothing and read nothing on here?

I think he may have been misinformed  :'(

Nick4now

Kim's right they do have them unlocked. Too bad their TZ employees wanna be kungs and hold out on us by not sharing.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CptMunta

Quote from: Nick4now on January 30, 2011, 01:11:44 PM
Kim's right they do have them unlocked. Too bad their TZ employees wanna be kungs and hold out on us by not sharing.

From my understanding the guys that work at BK TZ in Auckland aren't the same guys that have been holding out on us. The dudes that fixed the resolution issues and input the codes don't work for TZ.

Hope the cabs are still there when I get back I want to set up that tourney to win that sf2ce cab. It won't clash with first blood or earthquakes fingers crossed. Also evil ryu and Oni will be banned to avoid problems uploading matchvids and to keep TZ out of trouble.

Cool to hear Chocobuny has joined the offline scene :) welcome to the scene bro :) scene is building.

MvC3 tourney hopefully when I get back at gamestation. Have to have some sort of regionals or sus out ranbats deals for nationals for ssf4 and mvc3.

Gonna be entering a tourney in San Jose on the 5th. My rose is going to be rusty as. Hopefully I can rep chch and nzism :)

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Chocobuny

Quote from: CptMunta on January 30, 2011, 01:36:43 PM
From my understanding the guys that work at BK TZ in Auckland aren't the same guys that have been holding out on us. The dudes that fixed the resolution issues and input the codes don't work for TZ.

Hope the cabs are still there when I get back I want to set up that tourney to win that sf2ce cab. It won't clash with first blood or earthquakes fingers crossed. Also evil ryu and Oni will be banned to avoid problems uploading matchvids and to keep TZ out of trouble.

Cool to hear Chocobuny has joined the offline scene :) welcome to the scene bro :) scene is building.

MvC3 tourney hopefully when I get back at gamestation. Have to have some sort of regionals or sus out ranbats deals for nationals for ssf4 and mvc3.

Gonna be entering a tourney in San Jose on the 5th. My rose is going to be rusty as. Hopefully I can rep chch and nzism :)

Theres a tourny to win that cab? Of course my PS3 breaks so I can't train for this, god damn I would love a cabinet!

Also sounds like a lot of stuff is coming up in the future, sounds great. Try record your tourny matches!

Nick4now

No point on training on console if you're planning to use Cammy anyways. It'll make you do more Jumping kicks instead of TKCSs lol The best thing to do is just train at TZ. I'm planning on only maining Yun and pretty much only going to be using him in the tourney  :D With Double Dollars around the corner I'm gonne be getting in plenty of practice  ;D

CptMunta

Nick's right. Arcade training will be your best bet. Also coming to Ranbats each week will help with tourney pressure which I think is most players worst enemy. I'm actually thinking of
Tuesdays Arcade for anyone who is keen
Fridays Ranbats Alternating between SSF4 and MvC3 with the winnings and points kept separate for both.

Tourney's
SSF4 AE tourney Timezone Aprilish?
MvC3 Gamestation Juneish?

And wrap up each seasons ranbats before nationals.

So many new games next year!  8)

As for recording my tourney matches doubt I'll do it. Might end up on the Costa Rica SSF4 YouTube channel. The event will make 3 Green Bars series 2
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

Yeah the dudes at BK TZ have no idea what the codes are. There are two members of our community who know.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

redtie

Sweet can't wait for the tourneys to begin. I have a feeling we will have alot of new challengers enter our scene this year. I've already got two on the way kinda.

edit: Andddd aslo anyone got a Panodra's batter?

Chocobuny

Decided I'd try practice on SF4 on PC. Picked Cammy, even though she is fucking horrid in vanilla. Found one match, of course its a ryu. Jump back fireball typical ryu. Cammy can't cross up in vanilla so I have to bait out his uppercuts on wakeup etc, but I end up losing anyway. One of the uppercuts he mashes out SRK and super then taunts me, we are one round each and just argh what a shitty end to it. Was about to message the guy gg afterwards.

Never playing vanilla again lol.

Ridethelightning

Man, I hope they cough up the code. It's not like people are breaking down the front door to play SSF4. I'll bet $10 Bucks the majority of players won't even notice/know about E.Ryu and Oni.

And Marc, should let me use E.Ryu for tourny. Not like i'd make it far enough and be in any videos :D (Provided he's unlocked)

Nick4now

Quote from: Ridethelightning on January 31, 2011, 12:21:00 AM
And Marc, should let me use E.Ryu for tourny. Not like i'd make it far enough and be in any videos :D (Provided he's unlocked)

You never know, you've got plenty of time to level up. I think you'll do fine  ;) Tbh I think the skill level gap between us Chch players is slowly closing and becoming more even. And numbers are growing too so I'm really hyped for not just our little community but also the whole NZ community this year!

So are we on for another meet up at TZ this Wednesday? And then a feed at Osaka for some Takoyaki? I'm down  ;D Also mashups at Redtie's on Thursday? Hey Chocobuny if you can't be fucked walking over to Redtie's place I can pick you up on the way since I literally drive past your place every time I go over lol

Chocobuny

Quote from: Nick4now on January 31, 2011, 12:56:44 AM
You never know, you've got plenty of time to level up. I think you'll do fine  ;) Tbh I think the skill level gap between us Chch players is slowly closing and becoming more even. And numbers are growing too so I'm really hyped for not just our little community but also the whole NZ community this year!

So are we on for another meet up at TZ this Wednesday? And then a feed at Osaka for some Takoyaki? I'm down  ;D Also mashups at Redtie's on Thursday? Hey Chocobuny if you can't be fucked walking over to Redtie's place I can pick you up on the way since I literally drive past your place every time I go over lol

I may need a pick up just to know exactly where it is lol. But it is a maybe at the moment, just sold my car today and really need to sort out my new one and some other shit this week. I'll keep you guys posted.