• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SataAndagi

My marvel experience thus far:

Me: Holy shit, I have won more than I have lost, convincingly too.

Facing first sentinel

Me: This is the most bullshit thing ever. I may have to return this game.

Seriously.... he has armour on his NORMALS? Both Chun and Amaterasu (Who are the characters I am semi-competent with) die in like one combo rofl. I suck with Wesker, so he isn't too helpful.

So... Moral of the story is... any tips, or should I just return this to save myself some serious rage?

Chocobuny

Quote from: SataAndagi on February 21, 2011, 08:00:49 PM
My marvel experience thus far:

Me: Holy shit, I have won more than I have lost, convincingly too.

Facing first sentinel

Me: This is the most bullshit thing ever. I may have to return this game.

Seriously.... he has armour on his NORMALS? Both Chun and Amaterasu (Who are the characters I am semi-competent with) die in like one combo rofl. I suck with Wesker, so he isn't too helpful.

So... Moral of the story is... any tips, or should I just return this to save myself some serious rage?

Sentinel is the biggest complaint so far by pretty much everyone, and so there are so many ways being discovered just to specifically counter him. Justin wong has some good videos on frameadvantagedotcom (search it on youtube)

Personally... I'm prob gunna moreso focus on Street Fighter rather than MvC3. Its a fun game but its too fast to really think about what your doing. I understand people like that about it, but I like the mind games in SSF4. Need them to hurry up with that AE console update yo lol. Also MvC3 online is ass, love doing a basic combo with wesker and ending up with standing medium and thats it.

Nick4now

Quote from: Chocobuny on February 22, 2011, 01:08:50 AM
Need them to hurry up with that AE console update yo lol

I think only the guys who doesn't have AE at their local Arcade has the right to say that  :P As much as I'd like to practice Yun at home I'm liking the vibe I get playing at TZ. They can take their time releasing the update I really don't care anymore lol

Ooooh I keep forgetting to add you two Ramone and Liam. If you guys jump online feel free to add me Ryuuk08  ;)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

redtie

Well my stick is ready! All goes well. So we now have another dual mod stick on the scene. See yous on Thursday

chained

How's everyone on here doing? Everyone I know and I am okay so far..

CptMunta

Glad you are ok guys.

My mum's has no power, water or phone so they have moved in with us till it's back on. Scott's Staying with us, his flat has cracked open.

So dunno about mashups just yet as people are staying in lounge. I'll keep you guys posted here in case it can happen.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

Our place still doesn't have water or power either but other than that we're fine. I'm just hanging at My sister's place again. I think we should cancel Mashups this week and take care of ourselves, friends and families first.

CptMunta

Good call nick. Hopefully things simmer down soon and everyone we are waiting on are alive and well.

Chocobuny

Everyone kinda keep in contact though ae, seems like we all have varying degrees of intensity in terms of how the earthquake affected us. I feel really lucky at the moment. I really hope this is the last major aftershock...

CptMunta

Yip no mashup this week. Someone chime in of they hear from Andy.

CptMunta

Glad to hear everyone is ok.
Just to take a break from the drama and to catch up if you guys want. Mashups at mine tonight from 8 only if you guys are free/feeling up to it.

Ridethelightning

Sounds good man

I text Kim/Andy as they have no net at home
I think I text you aswell on accident  ;)

Nick4now

I still got no power and no water again lol But I'll try and make it tonight if I can but probably can only bring stick since my cousin is borrowing my ps3.

redtie

Oh yup I can probably make this. I can bring stick. And yes it works on PS3! was holding down the wrong button! haha

CptMunta

Quote from: Nick4now on February 26, 2011, 11:29:15 AM
I still got no power and no water again lol But I'll try and make it tonight if I can but probably can only bring stick since my cousin is borrowing my ps3.
It's ok we got scott's ps3 :)

We have water so if you guys need showers bring your shampoo and what not and a towel.