• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 and MvC3 mashup Every Thursday, weekly ranbats and casuals

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: Nick4now on February 27, 2011, 07:34:38 PM

Oh and I went into EBs at Hornby mall today and to my surprise they're advertising an MVC3 tourney! Unfortunately the dude who was working there didn't know much about it (Unconfirmed date, possibly no sticks, most likely gonna be held at Northlands EBs). I already signed up and you guys should too  8)

OOOOooooo we should go to that that tourney :D Bring our sticks etc. Power pimp out NZism and our mashups :D When is it?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Nick4now

The dude at EBs had no idea lol But he said that he's pretty sure that it'll be at Northlands EBs so maybe the guys at Northlands are organising it? I dunno it could even be the EBs guys in town who are organising the tourney but due to the earthquake it's more than obvious that they can't host  :-\

When I signed up there were about five names before mine and only recognized one of them (AKA same guy who's been going around to Redtie's for a few games and us teaching him the basics of ssf4  ;)).

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Ridethelightning

Hell yeah, You jacking anything up with Gamestation Marc?

EB can be a warm up for Gamestation tourny :D

CptMunta

Quote from: Ridethelightning on February 27, 2011, 10:00:34 PM
Hell yeah, You jacking anything up with Gamestation Marc?

EB can be a warm up for Gamestation tourny :D

Yeah I gotta speak with Gamestation sus it out, will let EB do theirs first then anyone keen from that tourney can come to ours ;)

Hopefully it's double elim and we can use our stick etc. I don't mind lending mine if people don't mash too hard. We should have Ranbats for MvC3 every 2nd mashup.

chained

Lol yeah I'm the third name on the list at northlands! Told me about while i was there trying to convince them to gimme an early copy. Told the employee about nzism too. He said he was keen.

redtie

Yeah I went in and signed up for that tourney do. He said most likely PS3 setup and on a Saturday at Northlands.

I said we could help run the tourney if need be and might be able to provide sticks providing that they don't get mashed on too hard. Directed him here too. Could possibly be beneficial for us to help organize and run it because I'm guessing if this goes well then they MIGHT possibly want to host some other tournaments. But this is all just speculation. Oh and we can add players to the scene hohoho

What do you think?

CptMunta

^sounds good man. :) I tryed calling them today but got no answer. Might pop in once work starts back down there. Hayley will hopefully be sending goodies from Monaco for this benefit tourney at gamestation. Will wait for EB to do there's then we'll do the gamestation quake benefit one a couple of weeks later or so, got some cool exclusive stuff from Capcom USA signed by Seth, John Choi, Ricky O and Fillipino Champ to give away as well.

Don't mind helping to run the EB tourney if they don't mind me entering as well. Otherwise I can bring the software and help run brackets etc, also can video matches etc... What's up for grabs? Cash? Store credit? Be cool to play some new players and build the community :D

Oh yeah mashups at mine this Thursday 7:30 :)

FreedomX15

I'm wondering where you guys have mashups since town isn't accessible right now.

Gotten waaay too much free time now, want to go to TZ but can't.

CptMunta

Quote from: FreedomX15 on March 02, 2011, 01:31:59 AM
I'm wondering where you guys have mashups since town isn't accessible right now.

Gotten waaay too much free time now, want to go to TZ but can't.

We are having a mvc3 tourney at mine this Thursday evening. Have the guys played you at TZ? You are welcome to come along as long as you aren't a dodgy quake looter ;) Pm me your cell and I can txt you all the details.

Ridethelightning

FreedomX15

I didn't go to TZ during my holidays. Only found out month ago it had SSF4 AE. :P

Vsed a few players there. I main Fei.

Rafifty

Welcome freedom.

Cool i saw like 3 fei players over the xmas holidays, havent played marvel 3 since last mashups lol gonna get smashed hard.

oh and marc i finished ac:brotherhood, i 100% rebuilt rome and got most the trophys except i couldnt get the ones u had to get from the online multiplayer :-\ cool game though.
Steam ID: rafifty123

Nick4now

Oh sup! Welcome Freedom, I hope that you're joining us tonight  :D

Haha I've been playing online for a couple of nights now but only Weazzy and Snake are ever keen to play  :-\ Although I did get in a few games with Marc last night which was a good change  :) I've got a few tricks I need to test out too  ;)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer gg's btw. Cool thing about this game is there's so many things i haven't tested out and i still need to try.

I'm trying ways of punishing or mixing up full height super jump dive kicks that you do with Wolverine. I got a feeling it's not supposed to be as spammable. It's heaps better than Akuma's one cos of cross up properties are huge.

ALdo trying shit on Haggar is deadly as fuck. Something not work, your fucked lol.

Man it's just so boring getting the training dummy to do all this shit and try it on them. Although that's the best way lol. I'd rather play one somebody.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

FreedomX15

I'm thinking everyone is still getting the jist of marvel too.
Thats good cuz i am too, need some practice and all that.