• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Mashmasters Scrub tourney. Any ideas/suggestions?

Started by CptMunta, February 05, 2010, 10:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Having a invite only Birthday party with drinks and Street Fighter IV.

Alot of my friends are keen to give Street Fighter IV a shot so I was thinking of having a scrub tourney for them called MashMasters.

I know some people that can play who want to be part of the event but I don't want them to take the mashmaster title, otherwise it's not as interesting for the scrubs.

The winner of the whole tourney gets cash that everyone who enters puts in and maybe a comic. But the true Mashmaster wins a nubytech (Ironic name) Street Fighter controller or the piece of shit ps2 KOF stick that I never use. Just as a trophy.

I was thinking of seeding the brackets so the people that know how to play, play each other and the scrubs play each other. So that way the scrubs and the players with experience won't meet till at least the second match, or possibly ever depending on how the numbers work out.

Expecting around 20 or so people 5 - 7 of them have at least played Street Fighter in the last year.

Was thinking single elim 5 round battles. Could possibly have 2 stations on the go at once. Dunno how long it would take for 15 or so matches.

What would be the smoothest way of going about this? I have that excellent Tournament Marker software. Should I just seed the brackets by splitting them into two groups manually then randomising the matchups somehow?

That way it's almost like two tourneys. Scrubs play and the Experienced players play. Then the scrub winner "Mashmaster" faces the Experienced player for the final.

Good plan? any ideas? Suggestions?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Skullator

Sounds like it will be fun as fuck, hope you guys have a blast lol

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Whats the bet no-one pauses it.

You have to be pro to pause at tourneys......hmmph, scrubs.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

make sure you set all the buttons to fierce and make it a ken only tourney.