• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Forum back up...

Started by fluxcore, February 08, 2010, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: weazzyefff on February 09, 2010, 12:51:30 PM
LOL Bill bro, i dont like your idea about mikes logo being green. All our teams have the fern black. More familiar that way. Also it looks rude green. Also i want my t-shirt.

Yea Stu had it right. I mean the font colour. Its fine using the SF4 font as an influence, but the orange just makes it look like we blatantly ripped it off. Plus the site was green anyway. Also, the more i look at this new layout, the more i like it. It just needs to be green (like a 'forest' green. something with a deeper shade than the last one.) as opposed to that blue-grey imo.

The fern with the characters is fucking awesome. I wouldn't change that at all. I just think the font, and the colour of it need some tweaks.

And yes. Them's the smileys we know and love.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

I actually enjoy this better too, now that I'm used to it... it feels much more open than the last design (because it doesn't have a fixed width layout)

I think getting some green like Bill suggested in here would be the business.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

I've been tinkering with some greenage so a basic fallback should be up in the next day or so...

Personally I think a dark green isn't so good, but I can have a fiddle.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Yay, return of the better emoticons!!!

This theme is great, just needs the old colour scheme.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Look at the layout as is. Its one particular blue-grey, but in various different shades. I reckon it would work nice with a green, but you wouldnt want one too light otherwise shit would look all washed-out. Thats what im getting at. I could be wrong though. Cant know until you see it. Im sure something grassy would work fine.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 09, 2010, 02:41:12 PM
The fern with the characters is fucking awesome. I wouldn't change that at all. I just think the font, and the colour of it need some tweaks.

cant say i agree. dont get me wrong, its pretty awesome but its just way too busy, and the shapes kinda ll merge so theres no real standout unless you really scrutinise that shit.

Rorooze

only thing I don't really like with the new forum is the text is so damn big! otherwise its pretty cool :D im not sure how I change font size on the gf's mac either..

fluxcore

Quote from: Rorooze on February 09, 2010, 10:57:08 PM
only thing I don't really like with the new forum is the text is so damn big! otherwise its pretty cool :D im not sure how I change font size on the gf's mac either..

Oh good, I wanted to make the font smaller, now I know I'm not just crazy.

iMagneto

It quite like this new Forum Skin.. way better than the green.. ~ and it will also bring more attention to me.

stay away from green, lets go for darker or not too bright =)

If im not busy which i always him... need to fix the nzism logo.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: samurai black on February 09, 2010, 05:46:58 PM
cant say i agree. dont get me wrong, its pretty awesome but its just way too busy, and the shapes kinda ll merge so theres no real standout unless you really scrutinise that shit.

Im not sure what youre looking for in terms of a standout. I personally think the text should be the main focus, with the fern as the background image, but i reckon the fern itself is solid.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Sorry, but unless you manage to disassociate New Zealand with the colour green, nzism will be green.

stereomonkey

Yes, since its like this...

Light Blue=Ozhadou
Dark Blue=SRK
Green=NZism
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on February 10, 2010, 07:46:25 AM
Sorry, but unless you manage to disassociate New Zealand with the colour green, nzism will be green.

Fuck it - I'm gonna go litter all over the place until NZ becomes brown

But back on topic, the font sizes on computers needing to be "smaller" is a myth. If you've worked with websites and ever wonder why the base font size is 16px, it's because it's the most comfortable size to actually read. Get a book and put it at reading distance in front of you while you sit at your computer... The text on the screen SHOULD be sized similarly to the text in the book - if it isn't, I can guarantee that it'll be smaller... Bump the text size up a bit (Rorooze, if you're using Safari, it's Command + to zoom in and Command - to zoom out) People get too caught up with having as much text as possible on the screen so you "don't need to scroll"... it's such an old school mentality. With resolutions as great as they are in this day and age, and scroll wheel mice available, there's no real reason to have text this small. Of course designing for mobile devices is a whole different story lol.

/rant
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

there is nothing wrong with teh current text size, if you make it any smaller it will be very unconfortable to read... well we can always crtl mouse wheel to zoom in but as electric says, if you have worked with website designs you will understand.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.