• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

XLAN 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, February 15, 2010, 10:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

So XLAN has sbeen confirmed for this year.  9th till the 11th of July.

Anyone interested?

THey haven't anounced any events yet.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

iMagneto

bring out super street fighter 4~ that will kick ass!

CrazyMobius

I will be interested if I'm winning at Super. If I'm getting beaten then not so much.

xpunch

yeah il be keen 4 ssf4

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 15, 2010, 10:45:53 PM
I will be interested if I'm winning at Super. If I'm getting beaten then not so much.

This hasn't stopped me playing SF4.

Will XLAN be interfering with EVO APAC? Because that would be a pretty big toss up.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Pretty sure evo itself is in july, so basically no?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

its pretty close.... for most it wouldn't matter as the majority of us won't be able to make it to Evo anyways!!!
oh wait, I shouldn't be so negative!!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

Yeah it's gay EVO and Xlan are both the exact same weekend. Regardless I'm still going to go to xlan anyway unless I magically made enough money to go to the APAC qualifier and win and then I'd rather go to Evo lol.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck, i doubt anyone here is going to be going to EVO in the US. Unless someone manages to beast at EVO APAC and gets the payed trip. I just had in my head that EVO APAC was in july, but it was in june. So we're good. Actually, we should probably start thinking about OUR nats this year. Although thats a totally different topic.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

thats right Bill xD

Leave the nationals to our big shot organizers from here :D I think one time of an experience is enought for me :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

So anyway.  XLAN is gonna be $55-00 for earlybird console entry and $65-00 for regulars.  I think im probably gonna go.  I had too much fun last time.

That us U-man?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

Atm they have SF4 and T6 written down. Good pricing imo. And if Guitar Hero needs any more numbers I'll pay each of you $10 to make it up lol.

Problem is that it is on the exact same 3 days as Evo. But from what I know, Telstra Clear is providing internet for steam, chat clients, BFBC2, etc. So maybe if we ask kindly we could get them to let us stream Evo. If we have matches in the morningish or later in the day, evo won't be running at those times cause of different timezones, so I think it could work if they allow us.

fluxcore

maybe if stu can get that top 10 place again... no way am I staying in that sleeping hall.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Shit man that is a WAY better deal than last year, fuck yes I'll try to make it hahah.

Can always watch evo some other way I guess and if you wanna chip in for the Holiday Inn then I'm up for that too.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea thats not a bad deal. I was thinking i wasnt gonna go if it was the same price as last year, but i reckon i might be able to stretch to $55.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.