• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Mashmasters goodtimes

Started by CptMunta, February 16, 2010, 09:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: Darthfoxx on February 23, 2010, 04:40:12 PM
Just ordered a HORI Fighting Stick 3 for my PC setup. Confirmed with the guy that it does work for PC, should arrive in a couple of weeks- fail shipping but its out of stock so yeah. I'll be all trained up and beasting combos and dash cancels in no time =)

Good shit man. Does this mean you're going to end up joining team PS3 for Super SF4?  ;) I think I've played on the 360 equivalent  a few times. Gino and Orochi have them. Surprising good sticks button layout seems weird at first but you adjust pretty quickly.

Propofana's Namco Ps1 stick is power goodness. Geneterror and Lenny have them too. Awesome sticks if you can source one. Keep going for ages.

The flyer for the Timezone tourney I'm working from scratch. I'll add the NZism logo and details to it if that's cool with flux. I'll spread the good word out to the Christchurch fighting game punters. I'm thinking Black photocopy on bright yellow paper. Hard to find decent high res artwork atm. I'll make some A6 flyers and 2 to 4 A3 posters to go in timezone windows. I'll see how Damon feels about it.

Double Elim will take ages on one machine but at least it'll get every match some attention, only one match set to five rounds for each face off (Like Mashmasters). Single elim would suck for newcomers, at least then they get more than one game for entering.

Dunno how much to charge, timezone will want some cash for putting it on free play probably. How did the Hamilton SF4 tournies go down Flux?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

The Hamilton tournies were all free entry organised by TZ, they switched the machine to free play for the duration. In-store credit was the prize, so they didn't really lose anything.

As for time, the best-of-5 round, single game dbl elim tourney with 8 ppl took probably an hour.

As for the logo, yeah go hard if you want. You need the .eps file?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on February 23, 2010, 07:05:32 PM
The Hamilton tournies were all free entry organised by TZ, they switched the machine to free play for the duration. In-store credit was the prize, so they didn't really lose anything.

As for time, the best-of-5 round, single game dbl elim tourney with 8 ppl took probably an hour.

As for the logo, yeah go hard if you want. You need the .eps file?

sweet cheers for the details. The .eps would be great. I think you've got my gmail  :) If not i can txt it to you.

Darthfoxx

Played tonight on the pc for the first time in training mode with Ken. Won't have my stick for like a few weeks so I figured I can get the timing down for moves just with my keyboard...it's not like I'm a stranger to sticks, but I am a stranger to the wierd timing and underwater feeling of SFIV. I got my fadc down and combo'd a FA > Dash > DP > FADC > Ultra like three times before I decided to quit and have a cuppa victory tea =)

propafanda

Quote from: CptMunta on February 23, 2010, 06:55:20 PM

The flyer for the Timezone tourney I'm working from scratch. I'll add the NZism logo and details to it if that's cool with flux. I'll spread the good word out to the Christchurch fighting game punters. I'm thinking Black photocopy on bright yellow paper. Hard to find decent high res artwork atm. I'll make some A6 flyers and 2 to 4 A3 posters to go in timezone windows. I'll see how Damon feels about it.

Double Elim will take ages on one machine but at least it'll get every match some attention, only one match set to five rounds for each face off (Like Mashmasters). Single elim would suck for newcomers, at least then they get more than one game for entering.

Dunno how much to charge, timezone will want some cash for putting it on free play probably.

quote from propafanda
yea all good man if its approved by Damon we would have to put in each for the time of match bracket. Not sure how it went for the previous tournement of cvs2 and tekken 5 though, virtual fighter ? Are you going to illustrate it like the SFIV theme? The selection screen looks really bold and gestural =) I like the yellow back ground of the paper man thats the one with the black any other colours? Its gona be like no other illustration =)

Darthfoxx

Hey Cap, pm me your cell number so I can get in on your console n stick sessions, I'd love to be able to mash a few games out at like whomevers house if you've got the gear

redtie

Something random: All the xbox 360 games from the uni set up were stolen. If we got some copies of SF4 we could have a nice place to play.

32 inch LCD + 2 Xboxs = :)

I'll be in Lunchtime tomorrow if anyones

Im stealing some internet. Awesome.

propafanda

far no good for the owners of the games

Do you have a converter to use for your new stick on the  x-box or just use the controllers? Their pads are rubish for fighting games i find.

redtie

Quote from: propafanda on February 24, 2010, 08:48:30 PM
far no good for the owners of the games

Do you have a converter to use for your new stick on the  x-box or just use the controllers? Their pads are rubish for fighting games i find.

I had no idea that there were converters to use your ps3 stick on the xbox. Ima look into that and if it exists, and they are cheap, I might buy one or two. Then I guess we could hire out a copy of SF4 for 360 and have a session at the uni setup

propafanda

I'm not too sure if they really do have these converters for 360. I know they have them for the first console release.

Darthfoxx

Tz colombo's machine is still sick...it's been 24 hours, Damon (i think thats his name, right Marc? tall guy, brownish skin, short black haircut?) said that they're recalling like 8 of those machines. The good sf4 machines come as two separate machines, one for each player like battleships style, but they were expensive as. The machines they bought were like 1/3 the price of the good machines, but they had faults so they have to send them back to get repaired. Wonder how long they'll be out to it... :-\

zos'la

I'm guessing if the say the proper cab, it would be the ones in Yifans which are worth 20k each?
so it would be reasonable that they by the chit version, though the risk as you know it.
Why can't they just get a cab with HDMI display and put a freaking xbox/PS3 in. thats like less than 2k....
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

propafanda

Yeah Damon is the Manager of colombos timezone. They gotta sort that cab out once and for all. Better be back soon.

redtie

Broken again? Rat shit. I should just bring my laptop and plug it into that display.

CptMunta

Quote from: Darthfoxx on February 25, 2010, 12:40:23 PM
Tz colombo's machine is still sick...it's been 24 hours, Damon (i think thats his name, right Marc? tall guy, brownish skin, short black haircut?) said that they're recalling like 8 of those machines. The good sf4 machines come as two separate machines, one for each player like battleships style, but they were expensive as. The machines they bought were like 1/3 the price of the good machines, but they had faults so they have to send them back to get repaired. Wonder how long they'll be out to it... :-\

Change of plan: got this message from Damon:

Hi Marc

Thanks for the comp ideas, they are great
Unfortunately our SF4 is out of order again and has been taken back to our service dept for repair
There are ongoing problems with the video cards and monitors I believe

I hope you can get the message around to everyone who has planned to show up tomorrow

Very sorry

Cheers

Damon

It would probably be cheaper to by two HARPs or SE sticks and replace the wiring and parts if it's just running off PC hardware.  You could just plug them straight into the PCs USB jacks. Though the dodgy modding that skips menu screen and doesn't let you skip fight intros might be the issue. If that's the case then there's no real way of fixing it unless your'e up to modifing code I guess.

Quote from: propafanda on February 25, 2010, 12:21:41 PM
I'm not too sure if they really do have these converters for 360. I know they have them for the first console release.

I'm pretty sure there are PS3 to 360 converters dunno how good they are though. The only way we could really get anything rocking at uni would be to buy/rent a 360 version of Sf4. Use your mayflash and buy a converter for andrews ps1 stick

We can meet at mine tomorrow if yous are still keen, I'll pm you guys my address :)

See ya's tomorrow hopefully  :)