• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Auckland Giga SF4 2v2 Team Tournament: 12.00PM - 6.00PM Sat 6th Mar 2010

Started by zos'la, February 20, 2010, 02:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Skullator

Quote from: karizzma on March 03, 2010, 09:29:11 PM
Count me in. Might bring my slim if there is a setup.

Shot man, could you confirm if you will bring the slim?

Just if you do it saves me bringing one from tauranga and lugging it around with me all day, from what I gather we have 2 ps3's guaranteed already and I think would benefit from having a third due to having 3 displays.

And Andy, this tournament is Double Elimination same as nationals last year, correct?
Oh and you may as well add me as a volunteer mate.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Skullator

geneterror

I'm def not gonna make it in time to enter :'(
I will  turn up when I can for some hangs with the boys and some casuals later in the afternoon.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Everyone must select 1 character to use for the duration of the tournament.

Seems a bit redundant. Doesn't affect me personally, since we know who ill be using regardless, but some people might have a problem with it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: geneterror on March 04, 2010, 10:38:56 AM
I'm def not gonna make it in time to enter :'(
I will  turn up when I can for some hangs with the boys and some casuals later in the afternoon.
all good bro,
come whenever and have some after games as we will be there for awhile.

Quote from: Skullator on March 04, 2010, 09:38:53 AM
Shot man, could you confirm if you will bring the slim?

Just if you do it saves me bringing one from tauranga and lugging it around with me all day, from what I gather we have 2 ps3's guaranteed already and I think would benefit from having a third due to having 3 displays.

And Andy, this tournament is Double Elimination same as nationals last year, correct?
Oh and you may as well add me as a volunteer mate.

This concerns me a bit having double elimination, at first this was my thought but I think we may run out of time due to team tournament. I am thinking of doing first to 5 rounds? so this can save us some time... what do you guys think? single elimination but  setting the round counts to 5.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 04, 2010, 11:42:51 AM
Everyone must select 1 character to use for the duration of the tournament.

Seems a bit redundant. Doesn't affect me personally, since we know who ill be using regardless, but some people might have a problem with it.

This rule won't change, many reasons behind this and we won't argue about it la. On your first match you pick ONE char for the whole tournament, at this time you can choose to have double blind but after that you stick with teh char you chosed throughtout the tournament.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on March 04, 2010, 11:48:01 AM
This rule won't change, many reasons behind this and we won't argue about it la. On your first match you pick ONE char for the whole tournament, at this time you can choose to have double blind but after that you stick with teh char you chosed throughtout the tournament.

I'm know you have your reasons, and im sure theyre perfectly valid. Im fine with the rule. It doesnt bother me. Its just been a point of conflict in previous comps so i thought id bring it up.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 04, 2010, 11:56:22 AM
I'm know you have your reasons, and im sure theyre perfectly valid. Im fine with the rule. It doesnt bother me. Its just been a point of conflict in previous comps so i thought id bring it up.
yeah I know Bill and point taken bro.
I jsut don't want to hear grief for teh aftermaths with issues revolving this. xD

fluxcore

Anyone who bitches about someone picking a different character is a pussy.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

Single elim with 5 rounds sounds fine Andy, I was thinking about the time too, which is why I asked.
Also I kind of want to watch as much play as I can.... with double elim we would definitely be rushing matches through the entire time on 3 rigs, no breathing room.

Single character rule is the best thing since sliced bread.
SFIV vanilla is not balanced. Counter picking is real. Counter picking is also real lame.

I can understand the Japanese's mentality behind the SBO single elim \ 1 character format.
- No oppurtunity for counter picking, you roll with your characters strengths and weaknesses till death, you do not abandon ship.
- Limited downloading of the others players style allowed, you have to adapt DURING the match.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Skullator

Quote from: stereomonkey on March 04, 2010, 12:39:12 PM
Sounds like Sagat Fighter IV this tourney :P

I can Chunderstand why you would think that, but you better believe my man Aesop has helped broaden my thighs to chunbelievable dimensions.

And theres a rule 1 team has to have 2 diff characters yea?
If Sagat Sagat \ Ryu Ryu teams are in, I'll probably be bald by the time the tournament is over hahahaha.

[8-----D] Toots

I think that 5 rounds is a bad setup for the tourney. Some characters are helped more than others when playing 3/5 rounds instead of 2/3. I think first to 2 games playing 2/3 rounds single elim would be the best way to go.