• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Giga SF4 Fortnightlty Ranbats - Next Ranbat on Friday April the Sixteenth!!!

Started by zos'la, February 23, 2010, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Update for upcoming Ranbats: April 16th 2010

Okay, brief info.
Here we go, credits to Lenny to bring this up.
After last week I have been requested to the folowing by some.

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on February 24, 2010, 12:15:26 PM
Information:

Ranbats will be run as a single elimination tournament each week.  Rules as follows:

Rounds set to 2 out of 3 to win each game.
Matches are set to 2 out of 3 to win the game.

Games will be played on XBOX 360's on VGA cables to reduce lag as much as possible.
(Sorry guys about not using CRT's, but I think that it might be too difficult to drag these along every 2 weeks)

There will be no seeding at this point.

Price will be $5 per person, and for people that provide joysticks that are used the price will be $2.  (Please people that are bringing sticks, they have to be at least sanwa/seimetsu quality stick and buttons)

Ranbat will run from 6-30PM till 9-00PM on a single console (or two if time permits).  If we finish early, the rest can be for casuals.

All other rules will be as per the NZism tourney rules so read up.  I'll be the judge for the events unless otherwise stated.
Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on February 24, 2010, 12:15:26 PM
Heya guys,

Just to further explain my motivations behind the idea:

Basically this is gonna be a ranbat that, as mentioned by Andy, will be running fortnightly.  At this point the details are rough, but the cost for each fortnight would cover 2 things.  The cost of for running the ranbats, and any leftover money will be put in a bank account that I am setting up to be contributed to our nationals event (to cover stuff like venue etc since it looks like this will be a difficult area this time round).

The ranbat will run for a predisposed amount of time, and the top 3 or so spots will be given qualifying spots in the top 16 at our nationals.

I would also like to run a tekken 6 ranbat at the same timeslot, as we would like to run a Tekken 6 tourney at the nats as well.

So in short it would be great to get as many people to this regularly as possible.  Basically our back is to the wall a bit here guys.  If we want a succesful Nats, we as a community need to start pulling together and supporting stuff.

Looking forward to it on the 10th guys! Woot!

P.S.:  Gonna add this to the OP you made Andy.  Hope you dont mind.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Birry Wong approves. Birry Wong also suggests that a mod moves it to the auckland forum, since it doesnt really apply to people outside auckland.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Mod agrees to Birry Wongs post, but not to Birry Wongs face :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

yeah, though I put it in the wrong area xD cheers mods mod moder mob :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on February 23, 2010, 10:47:46 AM
Mod agrees to Birry Wongs post, but not to Birry Wongs face :P

Is it hard to agree with something that sexy?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

what time you looking at running these things, i think i could make the effort to show up.

zos'la

Fridays from starting about 6 Pm till 9 pm or longer if we want.

samurai black

that sounds alright. beats the hell out of what i usually do on a friday night (nothing)

propafanda

Sounds good I'll be there if I lived there =). does your guys timezone have you know like half price specials or anything? yea it does seem like a waste of dosh if its still coin op there jeas.

Samurai Black is that your art work nice...

zos'la

timezone got  better specials yes, but majority of us are yifan fans and also timezone's version of SF4 is crap.
Last week we had about 8 guys including myself that Jammed from 7pm? till like 11 PM or somewhere along the line and cost less than $10 each. We had heaps of games and even a mini 3v3!!!

propafanda

aparantly our SFIV here is from yifans up there so it is crap cos it randomly stops with the sticks. Random setup PC version going on with it. 

card swipe more play, coin no way...

geneterror

Damn I wish I wasn't busy EVERY Fri night :'(

The earliest I can get into town on a Fri is about 9pm.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: propafanda on February 23, 2010, 04:48:05 PM
aparantly our SFIV here is from yifans up there so it is crap cos it randomly stops with the sticks. Random setup PC version going on with it. 

card swipe more play, coin no way...

Its not from yiffans
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

propafanda

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on February 23, 2010, 04:50:46 PM
Its not from yiffans

yea had a feeling it wasn't. But I heard from the bloody face guy pic on here or someone saying it was.

fluxcore

Haha, weazzy... what's happened to him?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness