• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Giga SF4 Fortnightlty Ranbats - Next Ranbat on Friday April the Sixteenth!!!

Started by zos'la, February 23, 2010, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

Quote from: fluxcore on February 23, 2010, 05:25:02 PM
Haha, weazzy... what's happened to him?

lol his ps3 is stuffed and thats what he uses for internet as well so no more forums till he gets a new ps3 or a comp lol

stereomonkey

He must be dying since it's been like two weeks for his last post, ouch!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: propafanda on February 23, 2010, 04:53:54 PM
yea had a feeling it wasn't. But I heard from the bloody face guy pic on here or someone saying it was.

lol weazzy and his yellow light of death ps3 .
Shoulda gota a xbox bro lol lol lol

the ones at yiffans are the proper sf4 taito x2 boards , $20,000 each and theres 4 there .
The TZ ones are just hacked pcs in Tekken cabs
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

zos'la

Graeme,
You can still come along on Friday as we prolly stay till about 11-12 ppm xD

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

I've got your cell number Andy so if I can make it up to any of the Fridays I'll send you a txt and see if you guys are there.
KOW 2011

zos'la

Lennysaurus

Heya guys,

Just to further explain my motivations behind the idea:

Basically this is gonna be a ranbat that, as mentioned by Andy, will be running fortnightly.  At this point the details are rough, but the cost for each fortnight would cover 2 things.  The cost of for running the ranbats, and any leftover money will be put in a bank account that I am setting up to be contributed to our nationals event (to cover stuff like venue etc since it looks like this will be a difficult area this time round).

The ranbat will run for a predisposed amount of time, and the top 3 or so spots will be given qualifying spots in the top 16 at our nationals.

I would also like to run a tekken 6 ranbat at the same timeslot, as we would like to run a Tekken 6 tourney at the nats as well.

So in short it would be great to get as many people to this regularly as possible.  Basically our back is to the wall a bit here guys.  If we want a succesful Nats, we as a community need to start pulling together and supporting stuff.

Looking forward to it on the 10th guys! Woot!

P.S.:  Gonna add this to the OP you made Andy.  Hope you dont mind.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on February 24, 2010, 12:15:26 PM
Heya guys,

Just to further explain my motivations behind the idea:

Basically this is gonna be a ranbat that, as mentioned by Andy, will be running fortnightly.  At this point the details are rough, but the cost for each fortnight would cover 2 things.  The cost of for running the ranbats, and any leftover money will be put in a bank account that I am setting up to be contributed to our nationals event (to cover stuff like venue etc since it looks like this will be a difficult area this time round).

The ranbat will run for a predisposed amount of time, and the top 3 or so spots will be given qualifying spots in the top 16 at our nationals.

I would also like to run a tekken 6 ranbat at the same timeslot, as we would like to run a Tekken 6 tourney at the nats as well.

So in short it would be great to get as many people to this regularly as possible.  Basically our back is to the wall a bit here guys.  If we want a succesful Nats, we as a community need to start pulling together and supporting stuff.

Looking forward to it on the 10th guys! Woot!

P.S.:  Gonna add this to the OP you made Andy.  Hope you dont mind.

yeah buddy, as I said its credited to you  xD I'll help out where I can.
I know for a fact many of us here may disagree with things I say and do around here so having another voice is always good.
As mentioned before, if we want a better community, we must work together and remove the slight differences we have. Such as Tekken 6 and SF community, its should be tbh as they are both in the same catagory type.
I hope you all can contribute and help out where you can.

Thanks.

Also Lenny, what do you mean teh 10th? SF4 2v2 will be on the 6th of March and the TZ Tournament will be on the 10th?

Skullator

fluxcore

No interest in this now that someone has explained what it was ACTUALLY intended to be?

Bi-weekly ranbats for a qualifying spot at the nats? Your name in lights on the site in point tallys? Regular competition?

You aucklanders are fucking spoiled.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Plenty of interest. I just dont think anyone has any burning questions at this point.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

In light of this.  If people would like to start posting whether or not they will be entering this.

So we can start making a list of interested peeps?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

i intend to make as many of these as i can, but life and sheer laziness may get in the way.

Rorooze

I'm keen but I doubt I can make it every fortnight! I should be able to make the first one, I don't have anything planned at this point!