• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Giga SF4 Fortnightlty Ranbats - Next Ranbat on Friday April the Sixteenth!!!

Started by zos'la, February 23, 2010, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

At first I was just hoping this to be a gathering for those who intend to imporve their skills by playing against a variaty of cast and players. Though Lenny suggested this to be something we can add on to help out our up coming National Tournament in which I agree as our community is so small we need to do something to help in every inch.
Think of it this way, you're coming along to these kind of events to:
1: improve your own SF4 skills
2: you get MORE games than the money you will get in Yifans by paying the same price.
3: you meet more people and get to know each other better within your community
4: By coming you're helping this community you cherish to grow.

The part where Lenny talks about getting a spot in the national if you do well in the ranbats is maybe a bit off but this is in discussion and we would like YOU guys to help us out with comments/feedback so we can make this better for us all.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

HoneyBadger

Quote from: fluxcore on February 25, 2010, 09:06:20 AM
No interest in this now that someone has explained what it was ACTUALLY intended to be?

Bi-weekly ranbats for a qualifying spot at the nats? Your name in lights on the site in point tallys? Regular competition?

You aucklanders are fucking spoiled.

I can feel the sodium levels rising
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

I believe both myself and Lenny have made our intention clear, now its really up to you guys.

So I'll keep my personal comments to myself as this is something I would like to help out those who are worth helping.

xpunch

xpunch = very interested in this  ;) i will try my bestest bestest to make all these ranbats as im in need of some serious up skilling.

Good work Lenny and Andy for doing something NEW for the community, as these ranbats will keep who ever attends up to date with match ups and it will build a solid player base so we may all end up being as good as each other which will even out the comp insted of having the same old guys taking out the tourny's and stuff.

I don't know this for a fact but im sure over in the states/japan or even aus. SF4 players have ranbats every week or even every day up skilling, making friends, rivals, enemies what ever, so i dont see any harm done by running these ranbats plus its for a good cause (nats, etc...)

We can learn new shit while playing against one n another and also talk about match ups afterwards give feedback n stuff, it's good shitt  ;D

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

the blackest blackstar ninja who isint actually black but has a huge albino anaconda approves and will be there for the ranbats  !!!!!
Long dong silver away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

IM THERE AT EVERYONE I CAN GET TO >:(

SO SERIOURS RIGHT NOW
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ill definitely be making an effort to turn up to as many of these as i can. Obvoiusly, shift work and Girlfriend will mean i might have to miss a fair few, but ill definitely turn up to the ones that i can.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 25, 2010, 04:35:27 PM
Ill definitely be making an effort to turn up to as many of these as i can. Obvoiusly, shift work and Girlfriend will mean i might have to miss a fair few, but ill definitely turn up to the ones that i can.

Of course, we all have our priorities la. As long as you guys can make it to some of these it would be great.

CoffinDrop1

Keen to support the cause. Will try and come out to the odd session. Perhaps a monthly thing for me juggling my family commitments as well.

zos'la

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on February 28, 2010, 06:33:32 PM
Keen to support the cause. Will try and come out to the odd session. Perhaps a monthly thing for me juggling my family commitments as well.
good stuff bud

Pjai

Sounds like a good plan and full support from Pjai.

Although, the only thing I have comments on are the 3 spots for the nationals? it sounds to me that it is a bit unfair for those outside auckland? Perhaps adapting the EVO qualifying style? Like winning a certain small comp will earn you a spot? (say it could've been the winners of the 2 vs 2 comp, last national? and xlan?) At least people outside auckland will only have to come to Auckland once instead of every friday. (well realistically, it jst won't happen for them. But if they are mad keen it is not physically impossible to turn up every friday)

Nevertheless, some ppl might say, the top 3 players are likely to be in Auckland anyway, so the end result will be the same. True perhaps, but I am not in a position to say. There is still a difference from being knocked out of a tournament at round 1 and not being able to participate at all. This is said without taking head count of players outside auckland, but I assume there will be somebody lol

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im not sure what the format is, but im sure there will be decent opportunities for people from across the country to jump in on the rankings.

The MVC2 ranking method that i came up with a while ago (which may not actually work in this instance, the more i think about it) for example, would heavily favour a strong outside player, to come in, beast everyone once, and then wait for the nats. Since his rank would stay essentially solid as he wouldn't have any more opportunities to downrank. However, it would also mean he couldn't uprank, so its a double edged sword.

IF thats the method that gets used. Im personally trying to think of a better way to do it, despite not ACTUALLY being in on the admin side for these ranbats.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

1) the top players are already in auckland
2) people won't have to face the top players in the early rounds if they are seeded into the top 8 or so anyway
3) if someone is so good, they can still just turn up on the day and beast through the early rounds and then they'll have achieved the same thing they would have had to do to qualify anyway

The idea is that this will reward the people that consistently place, and give people an incentive to turn up regularly and train.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on March 09, 2010, 10:17:31 AM
1) the top players are already in auckland
2) people won't have to face the top players in the early rounds if they are seeded into the top 8 or so anyway
3) if someone is so good, they can still just turn up on the day and beast through the early rounds and then they'll have achieved the same thing they would have had to do to qualify anyway

The idea is that this will reward the people that consistently place, and give people an incentive to turn up regularly and train.

Point taken.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.