• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

King Of Fighters XIII

Started by samurai black, February 23, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

more notes regarding this. stolen from cyberfanatix.

QuoteSystem notes:
CHANGES FROM THE PREVIOUS VERSION
=================================

GRAPHICS
- Characters are smaller and it's easier to see the full screen.
- As of now there aren't any stages that make it hard to see the characters.

SYSTEM
- All KOFXII systems (CC, sousai, guard attack) have been removed
- BAKUSUTE(?) has probably not been made shorter (wtf is bakusute? it's written in katakana)
- Throws are back to lever + button motion
- Kara cancels are possible again.

GAME SYSTEM
===========
8- way lever + 4 buttons.

COUNTER HITS
Counter hits have a blue effect when they occur, similar to KOFXII but the effect isn't the same.
A few counter hit animations are like KOFXII but the window is short, sort of like the interval between dashing and doing a strong attack.

GUARD CRUSH
Guard meter under the lifebar, your guard drops when it becomes empty. However at the current time it seems to recover much faster than it's lost, so there haven't been that many guard crushes seen. On top of that it looks like the guard crush window is very tight so it's very hard to take advantage of it. Wondering if drive attacks will have a bigger effect on the guard meter.

GUARD CANCEL
Revived from older games. Costs 1 power stock. Does damage, but not possible to KO with it.

STUN
This has also returned. However unlike XI there's no visible stun meter so it's not possible to know when it's going to happen.

POWER GAUGES
Return of multiple power stocks. You get one additional stock per team member that you lose (much like earlier games). Feels like they charge up faster than in previous games.

EX SPECIAL MOVES/DESPERATION MOVES
Use 1 stock to do powered up specials or DMs. The powering up depends on the move - might be more damage, invincibility, etc.
EX specials have a blue shadow sort of effect to them while EX DMs are red (versus yellow for regular DMs)

DRIVE GAUGE
Green gauge above the power gauge. The length increases by 50% every time you lose a character (so that the gauge is twice as long when you're down to your last character). Fills up at about the same rate as the power gauge, so pretty quickly. However, whiffing special moves will not fill the drive gauge (although it still fills the power gauge).

DRIVE CANCEL
Can be used as soon as the drive gauge passes 50%, which means that on your last character it can be used up to four times.
You can cancel special moves as well as command moves that couldn't normally be cancelled into other special moves and DMs.

HYPERDRIVE MODE
Press BC when the drive gauge is maxed out to activate. Your character will have a sort of hazy afterglow and will be able to do as many drive cancels as he wants. The gauge doesn't fall faster if you do a cancel like in '02. However if you take any damage the mode ends.

hmmm.

fluxcore

I guess bakusute could be backstep (dash back), but then you'd expect it to be bakusuteppu...

And you know you must have been onto a winner when all the previous game's mechanics get dropped :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

bastards were onto something with kof XI and they dropped all of it  >:(

samurai black

screen cap of the character select screen. holy crap thats an ugly palette swap for ryo

propafanda

nice two of my best teams are in there.

Kyo, Benimaru, Daimon

Ralph, Clark, Leona.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

They better give ash back his command grab -> super -> CHASE THAT BITCH FOR THE JUGGLE from kofxi.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

theres an official website running.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/

i cant read japanese at all, so dont ask me how to navigate.

Lennysaurus

YAY!  Raiden/Goro/Clarke!!

TEAM BIG SMASHING!!! RAWR!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

if only the sprites were in HD , dam you pixelated spritesd on my hd tv
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

electric

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on March 30, 2010, 05:41:36 PM
if only the sprites were in HD , dam you pixelated spritesd on my hd tv

I was under the impression that they would be - didn't KOF XII have 720p redrawn sprites ? or am I thinkin of BlazBlue ? Fuck I'm hopeless
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Those vids made it look clunkier than the last lot of vids.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

I thought so at first but the fights with Mai, Yuri, King look a bit better.
KOW 2011