• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

FFXIII, PSN and Xbox360 9/3/2010

Started by stereomonkey, March 01, 2010, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

So umm, yeah.  Talk shit about it here.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/02/how-many-gigabytes-is-ffxiii-xbox-360-install/

QuoteThat’s a grand total of 18.3GB. In comparison the PS3 version of the game is 38GB.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Skullator

It's not out in English till the 7th 9th, I preordered a Japanese copy and got it just after xmas.

Had the final boss down before new years.. 42 hours played.
Had 100% clear \ platinum trophy at 135~ hours played.

Really good game, I went as far as saying it was in my top3 games of last decade, along side Metal Gear Solid 4 and Super Smash Brothers Melee.
Definitely pick it up on release, it's a blast.

My copy, haha:

And my 100%:

And my lightning edition PS3 and new i7 rig... lol

Yep... I'm a FF Fanboy haha.

stereomonkey

and I cant read Japanese >_<

I thought the release date is the 9th, next tuesday?

Skullator

Oh yea good call, world release date is the 9th.. which may or may not translate to the 10th in NZ.

Only disappointing thing for PS3 owners will be if their copy doesn't include Japanese audio track.. which you can be pretty sure it wont considering the game is FULLY VOICED (everything, everyone, every cut of every convo is voiced, thats a first for an FF) and they are .FLAC files.. which are large...

So yeah it's worth owning a Jap copy just for the superior voice acting, but English voices are shaping up to be decent.
Not sure about the "My hands" American Idol \ whatever idol song replacing Kimi ga Irukara though...

samurai black

im usually delirious for jrpgs, i even liked ffxii and beast that game like i was playing stu on marvel. but the reviews havent been stellar...

is it still good?

Skullator

Let me try to put it in terms which are not just me fanboying about how much I enjoyed it.

This game is not as good as FF7, it doesn't have as much side content, or a world map. (It does have a "Hyrule Field" type area towards the end of the game if you are familiar with ocarina of time)
However.. this game is JUST as groundbreaking as 7 was in terms of visuals, sound\voice acting, and sheer scope.
I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed running through 7 on my first play through.

Having said that.. I was not a huge fan of Playstation 2 FF's.
Everyone seemed to like X, but honestly it felt very lacking to me. XII I just flat out disliked due to the CTB \ semi real time combat system and dull lifeless endless masses of land you had to run through.

Final fantasy on the PS3 dicks all over the PS2's titles.

And what other JRPG's do we even have this generation?
Tales of vesperia is Xbox 360 only in english, I hear that's a good game.
Eternal Sonata is a piece of shit.
Valkyria Chronicles is great, one of the best games on PS3, but more strategy than RPG.

People calling it linear trash are either idiots daring to be unique, of the opinion that the only good games are online capable FPS's,  or one of those with underlying Squenix gripes.. it's the best rpg of this gen HANDS DOWN.

stereomonkey

I use to like jrpgs (I think we had a gaint discussion on jrpg's in another thread somewhere a while ago) but now they drive me insane.  I didn't mind grinding to get to the end of a game back in the days but now it's a chore.  Oh, and I think they try to hard when it comes to story and visuals that it feels like "spirits within" when I play.  Thats just my thoughts.

Though I say it's a chore and I dislike jrpgs now days, I will still give the Final Fantasy franchise a chance. 

fluxcore

If our release had jp voices with subtitles, I would have bought it for 360.

As it is, not interested.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

Know the feeling flux.. Tidus on FFX english has my vote for worst voice acting of all time. Dodgy Genesis video games included!

And Stereo if you don't like grinding, this is the game for you, you are not forced into lvling if you dont want to 100%, final boss can be beaten without even coming close to maxing everyone.

stereomonkey

Sweet, sounds good besides for the English Dub.  I hope they put up a dlc for the japanese dub otherwise I'll play it via "wave 4" lol.

Lennysaurus

I havent played a JRPG properly since suikoden 2.  Just cant seem to get into them anymore.

Might give this a whirl when it drops, but Ive just started Mass Effect 2, so it might have to wait.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

Well you clocked it in 2010 so it's one of the best games of this decade?

But na Skullator, didn't you you played SSBM, next time you're around I'll give you a few games.

samurai black

Quote from: Skullator on March 01, 2010, 06:30:35 PM
This game is not as good as FF7
oh dear. i cant stand ff7. well, not anymore.

Quote from: Skullator on March 01, 2010, 07:18:41 PM
Know the feeling flux.. Tidus on FFX english has my vote for worst voice acting of all time. Dodgy Genesis video games included!
nup. resident evil 1

Skullator

Used FF7 as the example as it seems to have become the most popular of the batch. I loved the shit out of it tho.

When people say resident evil 1, I think the gamecube remake, that shit was DOPE. Voiceacting was fixed too, well beyond passable anyway.

Quote from: massi4h on March 01, 2010, 09:22:16 PM
Well you clocked it in 2010 so it's one of the best games of this decade?

But na Skullator, didn't you you played SSBM, next time you're around I'll give you a few games.

The game was released in December 2009, I beat the final boss in 2009, it scrapes in as a game of last decade ;]

And cool on the SSBM, I was really only hard out into it during 2001-2006 tho with my wavedashing pad skills and what not..
But I reckon I'd still play a pretty decent Young Link.

HoneyBadger

So far, this game either sounds like

a) A pretty decent game without much of the tedious JRPG love story kawaii nesan grinding that all the JRPG weaboos like

or

b) A game so terrible only a fanboy could love it.

I hope it's the former.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA