• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

FFXIII, PSN and Xbox360 9/3/2010

Started by stereomonkey, March 01, 2010, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Quote from: fluxcore on March 02, 2010, 04:37:27 PM
The internet is always right

It's Engrish, everyone loses for even trying.

zos'la

I think the song is great and suited for the game.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Skullator

Me too, I really liked that segment of the game lol.

zos'la

okay my copy should've arrive at my home.... so keen to see what its like... xD

Skullator

Pre ordered my English copy (From First Games Andy! Told him I'm NZism too and will be buying SSFIV from them too, just so they know the sponsorship meant something)
I'll be ripping through this shit in English with you guys too ;]

I hope you guys find it fun! I promise you if you aren't an idiot expecting an online FPS from this game, and genuinely enjoyed single player RPG's when they were the best games in the world hands down.. This game will live up to your expectations.

Well.. hopefully the voice acting doesn't kill it anyway ;\

zos'la

Quote from: Skullator on March 09, 2010, 02:15:26 PM
Pre ordered my English copy (From First Games Andy! Told him I'm NZism too and will be buying SSFIV from them too, just so they know the sponsorship meant something)
I'll be ripping through this shit in English with you guys too ;]

I hope you guys find it fun! I promise you if you aren't an idiot expecting an online FPS from this game, and genuinely enjoyed single player RPG's when they were the best games in the world hands down.. This game will live up to your expectations.

Well.. hopefully the voice acting doesn't kill it anyway ;\

Ah good stuff bud, good to see our community supporting our sponsors in return for what they've done for us!!!

I am a grateful person for the likes of such RPG, don't worry^^

geneterror

Got mine today. Will be taking it for a test drive tonight.
KOW 2011

zos'la

the normal gameplay graphics is about as good as the CG's very impressive.
Just spend about 2-3 hours on the game liking :)
hope to get more hours in tonight if I don't go whoring SF$ PC again like last night lawl.

geneterror

The graphics are insanely good! I was expecting them to be good but DAMN! The whole first part with the train and the first fights is fucking epic. Best start to a FF since 7!
KOW 2011

Skullator

Fuck yea, and you get your monies worth dont worry.. look at me diehard player..

40~ hours final boss
130~ hours 100%

That's really good for an OFFLINE! console game imo! I'm hyped to get out of the whole "mmorpg" transition everything did for once.. it gets tiring.

zos'la

Just make sure you don't dribble while you fall alseep playing it... LOL

I remember I stayed up for like 3 days straigh playing FF7 on the couch and hog the TV to myself LOL, but that was when I was about 15 :P

Skullator

Beast haha

Edit: So I've given the english voice track a go and can honestly say, they have done the best they could or at least made a decent effort. The only characters voice I am obect to is Vanilles.. which is unfortunate since she narrates the game.
Lightning is well done, as emoitionless as you could expect to begin with, and Sazh the Black guy is particularly good, done by a black guy I might add which is.. good to know I spose haha.
As for Fang.. the strong Aussie accent we all know is coming futher down the line.. I'll hold my judgement till later.

It's a given but yeah.. the script writers have localized shit alot, and some of the dialogue feels very "Forced" but that happens with pretty much every translation, and it's not the voice actors fault for reading the lines they are given ultimately..
The very first line in the game is spoken very poorly though which is a shame since I found it to be a very powerful lead in to the game in Nihon "The thirteen days.. "

Needless to say, it ain't got ship on the Japanese track which is really something else, I recommend you stream some of it if at all possible as it is a work of art (Those crazy Seiyuu's and Idols have a career of just fucking with their voice and making cool shit happen with them I guess.. )
I will use this video to solidy my thoughts on why Japanese voice actors are better than English. They level up their shit in real life to achieve results like this (Oh.. My.. God at the second one!!)

Rorooze

I only just found out that FFXIII is out on something that isn't a playstation, so I'm pretty hype. Especially after Skullators comments.

FF7 & FF8 were the business. FF9 was balls. Played a bit of FF10 with a friend but didn't play it through myself, it was OK at best. Skipped the MMO FF (wow > * ). I played through FF7 about 3 times and two of those hit the max play time the game could record.. :( Still got FF7 and FF8 discs packed away somewhere, someone offered me $300 for them both too, but DENIED. :D

massi4h

Yeah that video is in my youtube favourites lol.