• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Valle: overcoming the plateau

Started by fluxcore, March 06, 2010, 09:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

moose!

Wait... isn't this just common sense?
Not bagging on the article or anything but shouldn't people already be taking this kind of stuff as a given? It just seems like it's written as a general reply to balance bitching on SRK... (which we're well past on NZism huh guys?  ;)  ;) )

moose!

Would also like to add there's something about Valle that really grinds my gears.

Squares

Nyaaaa

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: moose! on March 06, 2010, 11:25:28 AM
Would also like to add there's something about Valle that really grinds my gears.

Its his nose/weird shaped head.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: moose! on March 06, 2010, 11:24:42 AM
Wait... isn't this just common sense?
Not bagging on the article or anything but shouldn't people already be taking this kind of stuff as a given? It just seems like it's written as a general reply to balance bitching on SRK... (which we're well past on NZism huh guys?  ;)  ;) )

I dunno bro.  Lots of people at all different levels.  Someone will find it useful I guess.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

What he is saying is correct and useful to many on this forum as people just tend to bitch about this and that char  bad match ups etc.
The thing is even if its that bad u should really try to overcome it to get to the next lvl or you will never move from where you are.
I would take Fong and his brother for example,
1st tournament: they got smashed, full stop.
2nd tournament came top 3? why because they practice, spend time learning the game and understanding the game. They practice in a way where they know how to exert their chars potentials out to the best of their ability, they don't give up after each lost but take it as a learning curve. overcome it.
3rd tournament they came top 3 yet again and improve tons to the previous tournament, why? because they know for a fact their are mountains that are higher than them out there and in order to compare with them they have to keep going.

This from my view is called effort, dedication and sportsmanship.
This is in no offending anyone but just an overall view from my perspective, so please no flame^^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Skullator

Alot of truth to this, but for the lulz I will add-

Ryu says: Get on my level!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barnstorm

Quote from: zosla on March 07, 2010, 02:09:31 AM
What he is saying is correct and useful to many on this forum as people just tend to bitch about this and that char  bad match ups etc.
The thing is even if its that bad u should really try to overcome it to get to the next lvl or you will never move from where you are.
I would take Fong and his brother for example,
1st tournament: they got smashed, full stop.
2nd tournament came top 3? why because they practice, spend time learning the game and understanding the game. They practice in a way where they know how to exert their chars potentials out to the best of their ability, they don't give up after each lost but take it as a learning curve. overcome it.
3rd tournament they came top 3 yet again and improve tons to the previous tournament, why? because they know for a fact their are mountains that are higher than them out there and in order to compare with them they have to keep going.

This from my view is called effort, dedication and sportsmanship.
This is in no offending anyone but just an overall view from my perspective, so please no flame^^

dont they both use top tier characters?
and im in no way saying they arent good because gankatron destroys me wit rog

but just saying you cant deny some characters are just shit

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Bad matchups are bad matchups.

Even if you learn the matchup inside out, and know everthing there is to know about it, its STILL a bad matchup, and youre STILL at a disadvantage. Its not unwinnable, but its a MASSIVE uphill struggle.

I smell another argument coming.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

Skullator

Made some notes, summarized them below-

zos'la

smells bad to me, here comes the tier crap again.

nvm all will be teh past when super comes out and everyone can choose a top tier and have not arguements maybe? xD
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Skullator

Quotenvm all will be teh past when super comes out and everyone can choose a top tier and have not arguements maybe? xD

Exactly right Andy, and Super will be balance patchable this time as stated by Capcom (Fingers crossed Arcade!!!)

But it's not "tier crap" it's just raw fact. People do cry about it sometimes sure.. but when you get round to it.. IT IS WHAT VANILLA STREET FIGHTER IV ACTUALLY WAS!
I don't cry about it, I do my best to adapt and learn every thing possible for my matchups in the game. But of course "That's just tier crap" and I really should just get on your level.
Can you see how shallow that mentality is?

Here's hoping Super ain't too broken!!!