• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Giga 2v2 Tournamet feed back/ talks

Started by zos'la, March 06, 2010, 09:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Hi GUys,
First of all I would like to thanks all those that turn up and supported the community.
Congrats to: Top 3
1: Devilstar and Cody
2: Jack and Fong
3: Zosla and Crazykiller

Brackets will be posted shortly.

Guys with photos and videos please post them up.

Thanks to the helpers that helped admin and those who brought gears to help out, wouldn't of worked out with you guys.

Please if you can go register on firstgames and buy your copy of super street fighter 4 as the deal is really good.

// Now what didn't turn out well:
1: PS3 lag issues on the LCD, next time we will use xbox360, I apologies to those who were having trouble and issues playing.

2: round and macthes got a bit confusing a the begining but I hope to sort such issues out by next time and have things more clear.

Any other thing please post and we make thigns better for everyone next time.

apart from that good games to everyone and hope to see you guys again soon!!!

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CoffinDrop1

Hey Andy great tourney today. Wasnt a major with the rules being sorted out on the day end of the day I'm pretty sure everyone was just keen as to get stuck into it. Was quite fair the way it turned out and I was glad there was a losers bracket lol I thought it was all over after the first loss. Thanks for organising this and to the helpers also. Giga is a fairly nice set up. Thanks to my partner in crime Manawakore for team 100 hands  8) also to Skull from team anti-Ryu for some good feedback / pep talks shot brother. Also to Josh - I'll get you next time team SAS.

iMagneto

videos will be upload soon~~

andy what about my 4th place? LOL

iMagneto

i've look at the videos~~ skullator the way u record the matches ur hand keeps shaking lol

Skullator

Haha yeah I know lol, sucks but tourny nerves hit me hard, I think since I barely ever get to play live matches \ have any spectators.

So funny... First match.. team anti ryu vs Howtoplay.. I think the only double stacked team in the tournament? the two best Ryu's in the country LOL!!!!!!! Law of attraction:p
Still.. a freckle and a hair from 3rd place, I'm very pleased with how I played considering apparently tourny nerves effect me pretty hard...
Shot to iMagneto for some amazing OCV's.. we pretty much had the worst order every single game we played except Smoof\Ben bro (And I guess Andy\Hue.. haha) .. just unlucky:p Told you I'm useless against shoto's tho! Haha. Get a headset ASAP mate ;]

Also... shot to Andy for sorting out the relatively hitch free event.
Props to Giga for the host.
Props to people who bought equipment.
Thanks to everyone who helped record the matches.. me and Mike wern't really prepared for recording anything but still had a crack... ran through 3 sets of batteries and didn't even have enough power left to get the final finals.. And we didn't manage to record very many early games, but still, the majority of the top 4 footage is filmed (all be it, horribly shaky.. my arms were tired or i'm just awful at holding a camera lol)
Big ups to every single person who came along to the event, even if you didn't enter, showing your love for the community.
Massive respect to all the usual beasts, good to properly meet all of you this time around.

And of course.. Congratulations Kevin and Cody! You guys were amazing today!
Bad luck to Andy, pausing during ultra against Kevin and missing out on advancing.

Will post more later... I'm pretty tired.

Oh yeah mike msg me your bank account number.

Skullator

Andy just so you know.. PS3 is not a laggy platform by nature lol.

If your monitor is good, you don't get any input delay. I play on a 24" and can confirm there is zero delay, rule of thumb, bigger the monitors.. more likely that they suffer from lag. It's sometimes to do with post processing effects that certain displays apply.. to enhance the picture and what not. Sometimes it's just a bad model#, which comes with input delay on all settings.. and sometimes it's due to non native resolution being used, but we had problems with 1080p and 720p so that's unlikely.

Problems should be fixed via Xbox360 VGA connection tho yea.. as monitors cannot apply all the fancy stuff through that input.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Coffindrop, I really really want to get a decent match in with you. My loss was legit (ie. not because of laggy bullshit), but fuck, I haven't been that unhappy with how I played since my dismal performance at last years nats.

Not saying i wouldve won necessarily, but that shit was just plain bad.

Ill see you on psn. you bastard
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

I had fun playing today.  I'm happy with how my Sim is coming along.  I had some doubt at the start, but glad I kept picking him.

Cheers guys.  Looking forward to ranbats!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Skullator

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 07, 2010, 12:40:15 AM
Coffindrop, I really really want to get a decent match in with you. My loss was legit (ie. not because of laggy bullshit), but fuck, I haven't been that unhappy with how I played since my dismal performance at last years nats.

Not saying i wouldve won necessarily, but that shit was just plain bad.

Ill see you on psn. you bastard

Coffin is a BEAST!

zos'la

Skullator,
I know its not just the PS3 fault as I also have a 24 inch LCD and I have not as much lag as I have felt during the tourny. I also understand the reasoning behind the lag and that is why I have said we do it on xbox360 next time as then we won't have to care about this issue.

Skullator

Cool. Have those monitors ever proven themselves as lag free before? If not,yea probably best to avoid running anything over HDMI at giga on those screens in future.

zos'la

They are fine with xbox360 as I played SF4 on them before. Just the Ps3 don't work that well with them apparently.

Lennysaurus

Prob something to do with the HDMI on them, cause the xbox that runs on there is on component and it seems better than the PS3's.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Skullator on March 07, 2010, 01:18:04 AM
Coffin is a BEAST!

Im sure he is, but bro, I was having the meanest sook after that match. Im not trying to disrespect Coffin. I just played like a turd sandwich on a hot day. Im not saying 'omg i wudve won if i wuz playn bettr', because A) Thats fucking stupid, and B) even if it wasnt fucking stupid, i cant actually predict shit like that. It definitely shouldve at least been a lot closer. Some of those mistakes were facepalm material.

Gah. I need to go to bed. Ive been awake for 22 hours.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 07, 2010, 02:36:02 AM
Im sure he is, but bro, I was having the meanest sook after that match. Im not trying to disrespect Coffin. I just played like a turd sandwich on a hot day. Im not saying 'omg i wudve won if i wuz playn bettr', because A) Thats fucking stupid, and B) even if it wasnt fucking stupid, i cant actually predict shit like that. It definitely shouldve at least been a lot closer. Some of those mistakes were facepalm material.

Gah. I need to go to bed. Ive been awake for 22 hours.

Bro tbh, spectators \ tourny nerves happen to alot of ppl.
And your turd sandwhich on a hot day play sounds like me every time after I finish a set with Zosla and his download is re-complete.

And regarding facepalm material.. just blame the monitors imo haha.. Look at the first 2v2 vid up, I whiff a juggle i seriously NEVER EVER EVEN ONLINE WITH 1 BAR CONNECTIONS whiff, and then andy proceeds to punish with.. whiff ultra.
You'll probably find when we play using component\vga video next session it will help

And if it was just bad decision making.. oh well, we all have our off days, definitely sucks if one happens to fall on the day of a tourney tho for sure ;\