• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection now backwards compatible

Started by Wugga, May 04, 2007, 09:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wugga

Not sure how many people on these forums this news affects aside from me, but as the subject title says, SFAC for the Xbox is now functional on the 360. It seems to work fine, but then I was never a frame-scholar in any arcade game... only issues I've seen are that I think there's some slowdown if the camera has to scroll back down after a superlaunch, and if you plug in a second controller (noticed this when using arcade sticks), the Versus option doesn't actually become available while idling on the main menu, you have to go elsewhere and come back and it'll be selectable.

The Hori DOA4 arcade sticks for the 360 seem to work great for it though, speaking as someone who was always pretty retarded when it comes to street fighter (dragon punches were a horribly risky gamble to even attempt), the fact that I can execute the moves that I want to when I try certainly has me happy - I couldn't do any of that stuff with my X-Arcade unit on the Xbox original... (so maybe the X Arcade is the steamer that Flux was implying it is in another thread... good thing I didn't pay money for it then...)
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

Despite having played street fighter off and on for around 15 years, I found when I picked up an X-arcade dragon punches became iffy, and supers were nigh on impossible.

Sounds like the emulation of SFAC is pretty decent though... that's good to hear. The SF3:3s port on that disc is pretty much perfect.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness