• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

Charge buffering Tutorial

Started by redtie, March 21, 2010, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtie

Thought this was cool, everyone here probably already knows about this I guess

**Fixed

propafanda

good vid though I knew about this with guile along time ago. I always pre-charge when I play guile. With level 3 focus attacks it makes it possible to do those buffer combos in the corner and at mid screen though its better in the corner.
You can also pre-charge s.HK, s.MK or s.LK> sonic boom thats what I do alot with guile hes been fun ever since I can remember using him with patience

moose!

Not sure it required a 5min long video but a really important habit to get into... reminded me how lazy I've gotten with charge since I stopped using Remy in 3S, where doing this lets you overlap the charges and go into rapidfire booms :D :D (not to mention is oh so important for double dash punch/shoulder juggles).

VIVA LA CHARGE!

CaptainHook

Sorry for the necro, but i read contrary reports to this saying that charge buffering actually increases how long you need to wait..

Is it a "who gives a fuck" situation anyway or..?

Just want to know if i should bother getting into the habit or not.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

Well from what I've heard about this technique is that the second "back" motion doesn't start charging the next sonic boom til after you've thrown the current one out. It still should guarantee the quickest charge time for your second sonic boom as it's basically the same as pressing forward + p and then holding back on the exact next frame.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Mason is correct as far as sf4 goes. Its probably different in other games though. Realistically, in ssf4, the difference is barely noticable, but if youre pedantic about being able to throw booms as fast as possible, then its probably worth learning.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

Ah okay.. i'm really just playing ST at the moment, haven't even seen IV in the flesh, only on youtube. :P
Guess charging can't hurt? Thanks guys. :)

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CaptainHook

fluxcore

I should probably expand.

Charge chars have a hard time keeping up with fireball chars in ST (unlike SSF4 where guile generally wins fb wars), you really want to whip them out as fast as possible, and even then you have to jump straight up over fireballs fairly regularly to keep pace.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CaptainHook

Quote from: fluxcore on August 18, 2010, 09:59:34 PM
unlike SSF4 where guile generally wins fb wars

Whaaaaaat?
Does he have less charge time or something?

Skullator

They reduced the charge time on his booms in the switch from vanilla to super.

I heard.. but never tested, that he is capable of keeping up with Sagat's tigers in Super.

fluxcore

In particular he builds meter like a motherfucker and ex SBs are the fastest projectiles in the game...

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2010, 07:57:54 AM
In particular he builds meter like a motherfucker and ex SBs are the fastest projectiles in the game...

This. Guile is beast even if you take his amazing normals out of the equation because of boom charge time being so short and EX boom being so god damn fast.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Inb4Andygiveseveryonetipsvsguile
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.