• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Charge buffering Tutorial

Started by redtie, March 21, 2010, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on August 18, 2010, 09:59:34 PM
Charge chars have a hard time keeping up with fireball chars in ST (unlike SSF4 where guile generally wins fb wars), you really want to whip them out as fast as possible, and even then you have to jump straight up over fireballs fairly regularly to keep pace.

Strangely enough I found in Street Fighter Turbo I could deal with fireballs easier because Guile's backhand punch seemed to punish Shotos while they were still in their fireball recovery frames. This and crouch MK (i think). In SSF4 I find myself just trying to charge up booms and ex booms as the backhand technique is taken away entirely. For all Guile's buffs in Super sf4 I would trade them all if his normals just worked a little closer to his sfII incarnation. I also really miss his square jump heavy punch. But I guess that's a topic for another thread...

fluxcore

Backhand isn't that strong in ST either, but I agree in HF. Of course, if you're up that close it's not really a fireball war...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness