• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

SENTINEL

Started by samurai black, March 24, 2010, 08:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

okay, was thrashing a bit of marvel earlier, mostly trying stuff in the corner off his throw. few questions for the more sent savvy.

off the throw in the corner, cr. LP, cr. HP only work on regular sized characters? i had no luck on the big guys like juggy and sent but all systems go on regulars.

best option for damage after the throw? going into two HSFs then launching gives me slightly more damage as opposed to one, but pushes me a bit further, so when i chase after the launch, any follow ups are more likely to whiff.

anyway, once im air born, should i go for a fast fly combo, or the usual air combo into dp rocket punch, then frypan and HK on the way down for the opportunity to mixup/unblockable at the bottom?

Barnstorm

Quote from: samurai black on March 24, 2010, 08:12:00 PM
okay, was thrashing a bit of marvel earlier, mostly trying stuff in the corner off his throw. few questions for the more sent savvy.

off the throw in the corner, cr. LP, cr. HP only work on regular sized characters? i had no luck on the big guys like juggy and sent but all systems go on regulars.

best option for damage after the throw? going into two HSFs then launching gives me slightly more damage as opposed to one, but pushes me a bit further, so when i chase after the launch, any follow ups are more likely to whiff.

anyway, once im air born, should i go for a fast fly combo, or the usual air combo into dp rocket punch, then frypan and HK on the way down for the opportunity to mixup/unblockable at the bottom?

im no expert and no where near my mvc till the weekend

but isnt one HSF into launch(+capcom) rp, combo, hp, hk (j+lk,lk if you want to add it on) about 70%
or you could reset with an air throw once you launch an it should kill

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

i know with sent it like impossible for me to get, but im sure on juggy  u can.....but it must be the bigger guys

and storm is sometimes a bit of a bitch to get it on as well.

best option:LEARN UNFLY COMBOS :P

nah it depends on how your feeling cos, either way, sent is gonna do the damage.

but after the initial throw, cr.LP, cr.HP, RP xx HSF, launch, j.LP,j.LP, lp.RP, (on the way down) HP, HK, (land) j.LK, j.HP.....then from there u land close enough to throw them restarting what you just started from

or what barnstorm was saying, launch, j.LP, j.LK, j.MP, j.MK, then fly, throw, then f.LK, f.LK, RP.....then if your close enough, fly forward abit for another throw....then rinse repeat lah ;)

sent has the mad killer options once they're in the corner....so NASTY
The New Generation Clockw0rk

samurai black

hmmm, sounds sexy. will have to test this

Blutsauger

Screwed around with Sent for a little yesterday.Dont use him too much(Primarily use Team Z,MSP and/or Rogue/Juggs/Tron as secondaries).

I tried out the r.LP, cr.HP, RP xx HSF, launch etc combo.

after launch, f.LP,f.LP, lp.RP, I did  f.lk, lp.RP,f.lk(I think), RP and continue doing random shit and jugglan

God damn I fear being in the corner with this thing now

stereomonkey

Yes, when Sent gets you in the corner and hits with a HSF it's basically so goodnight yo :'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

iMagneto

You should this.. Must be in corner..... Assist must be on projectile (Example Magneto Disruptor)

dash + S.LK + S.LP + Rocket Punch Cancel to QCF KK + S.HK(Launch) + J.LK + FLY MODE + F.LK + UNFLY MODE J.LK + Assist (Magneto Disruptor) + J.HP.... Enemy is Bounce on Magneto Disruptor + Land + C.HP(Beam Blast) + Rocket Punch Cancel to QCF KK

samurai black

ooo, that looks pretty cool mike. time to cripple my hands trying to do it  :-\

iMagneto

i havent done it in ages......

do this.... since u all love rush down magneto :D heh hhe

Magneto
Dash + S.LP + S.HK (Cancel After one HK) + Super Jump Cancel + J.LP + Land + Dash Repeat..... 

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: iMagneto on April 09, 2010, 12:18:45 AM
i havent done it in ages......

do this.... since u all love rush down magneto :D heh hhe

Magneto
Dash + S.LP + S.HK (Cancel After one HK) + Super Jump Cancel + J.LP + Land + Dash Repeat.....

NO

magneto is not liked in these parts :P
The New Generation Clockw0rk

samurai black

someone rattle off some cool fast fly combos for me.

all i have going is lk, mk xx fly, lk, mk xx rp

and how i go about calling out my assist during these said combos.

fluxcore

uh
lp, lp, fly, lk + capcom, fp, rp
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on May 25, 2010, 08:50:03 PM
uh
lp, lp, fly, lk + capcom, fp, rp

to add to that upward rocket punch works better

fluxcore

depends on the opponent
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Also richard, you can call assists when youre in fly mode.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.